Who else loves Doctor Who?

I am kicking off an official Doctor Who fan thread here. Who else loves it? Ever since it was brought back, I have been a huge fan, particularly of David Tennant's intelligent, life affirming, heroic portrayal of The Doctor. Christopher Eccleston was good too.

Favorite Companion: Rose Tyler. Billie Piper is SO GOOD.

Now, we all know that Russell T. Davies etc likes to stick in some one liner now and then in the show approving Karl Marx, but that is not what this thread is about. So please do not comment on that, or any related issues, that are minor ones in the overall context of the show, which is Hero worshipping, life affirming, pro action, and life positive.

So - who's a fan? smile.png Alons-y! Molto Bene!

I left Who-dom after Tom Bakers was no longer The Doctor.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Oh, you should come back, at least to watch the David Tennant episodes, possibly the Christopher Eccleston ones too. They are both fun just like Tom Baker. Tom Baker was super as The Doctor, but David Tennant was slightly more super in the same way, believe it or not! Great acting, *great scripting*. Check it out on Netflix or something and let me know, ok?

I was introduced to Dr. Who during the Tom Baker Fourth Doctor years. I liked his companions! A few months ago, I got a set of Tenth Doctor David Tennant videos from the library and watched through most of an entire story line (or "arc" as they are called) from beginning to end. (Had to see how it ended...) That said, if you are touting this as Objectivist fiction, even bootleg, then you need to make a case. I mean, I appreciate the Time Lord perspective and all that, but I just do not see this as special in any way. I was a fan of Battlestar Galactica because of the social issues with which it wrestled, but I sort of slogged through to the end once the Hollywood Liberal Ideology was impossoble to ignore. Just by contrast, I remain a fan of The West Wing. We have all seven seasons and often pop in a disk just to enjoy it.

Mainly, right now, our staple diet for television is NCIS and Big Bang Theory. We do not have TV into the house, so we watch them on CBS.com. (We tried NCIS:Los Angeles but found it shallow.) We liked Firefly but the movie Serenity had too many heart-wrenching losses to be recommendable, though, if you are a fan...

Just to say, though, I "get" Dr. Who. Just not a fan.