Any fans of "anti-life" music out there?

Kyle Jacob Biodrowski

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A name is a name is a name is a name.

And the tale goes on and on and on.

My only weapon left against what's going on here--in plain sight of life-affirming but non-objecting Objectivists (Do you hear me, Michael??)--is to pray to God lightning strikes this thread down.

--Brant

the nuclear option

This one goes out to you, Brant.

Lol!

Don't laugh, Jules. I've been to hell and I brought this back as a souvenir.

• 2 weeks later...

Where is "the impotence of evil" when we need it?

--Brant

help me, Rand!

You're going to kill me, Brant.

It's time to step up this anti-life tirade.

...approaching critical mass.

It's too late for me...ABANDON THREAD!!!

A recent favorite from my favorite band of all time, Front Line Assembly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjcZbNm_F0

Guaranteed to obliterate any dancefloor it touches.

Also, does anyone here remember Gary Numan? Of "Cars" fame? Well for the last twenty years he's been making goth/darkwave/industrial metal and he's been doing it FANTASTICALLY. You can find a great song from his most recent album here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU1NSsFDnYs

It's because I speak the truth and they really can't stand to know how anti-life this "music" really is.

--Brant

it's tribal and I belong to the tribe of objective esthetric values objectively valued and denigrate all subjectivity in valuing and all subjectivists

you can ask me any question about estheritics and I'll give you THE answer--one and true--that you can life-enhancing gloom on to

call me the guru Objectivist of objectivist estherticalling

and if Jonathan comes onto this thread I'll put him in his place so fast he won't even see the Objectivist Truck of Authority that runs him over (and just wait until I Wikipedia him into the ground on painting and photography!)

no, I'm not a drunk, I just play one on OL

Lmao!! Brant is awesome! One of my all time favorite guys!

Not the response I was looking for, punk.

--Brant

do you feel lucky?--well, do you, punk?--my .44 Magnum brain, the most powerfull brain in the world, will blow your brain clean out of your skull leaving a physical vacuity to go along with the present mental one (pro-lifer that I am, yeah, right)

~snort~

I wonder if there are any Objectivists out there who like power-metal. I may be breaking new ground.

Well, something is breaking...I can hear it cracking and everything.

http://youtu.be/XET3qDQcCKA

I like Brant. I like anyone who has the guts to take a step into my world. He has patience, wit, and charm. He's also one of the few people who post in this thread. I fear for his sanity if he's actually listened to everything I've posted. I wasn't given this anti-life; I was raised on it. I have the psychological tolerance to handle it. Does Brant? His continued postings suggest that he does have the tolerance.

Don't worry, I'm on the final stretch. It can't get any worse, right?

I like Brant. I like anyone who has the guts to take a step into my world. He has patience, wit, and charm. He's also one of the few people who post in this thread. I fear for his sanity if he's actually listened to everything I've posted. I wasn't given this anti-life; I was raised on it. I have the psychological tolerance to handle it. Does Brant? His continued postings suggest that he does have the tolerance.

I'm not stepping into your "world," I'm stepping on it. (Stomp, stomp.)

Is it true this "music" causes permanent brain damage?

--Brant

my postings have deteriorated and I'm worried I'm not weorried

my humor is only a scalpel to lance and drain this fulmination called a "thread"

this place BTW is a ghetto, and not the Hotel California

Dio rocked for a long long time..

He did, indeed. I can't believe some of his early stuff. I mean, I can't believe that he would be involved in making such music. But the voice; it's unmistakably his.

I'm not stepping into your "world," I'm stepping on it. (Stomp, stomp.)

Is it true this "music" causes permanent brain damage?

--Brant

my postings have deteriorated and I'm worried I'm not weorried

my humor is only a scalpel to lance and drain this fulmination called a "thread"

this place BTW is a ghetto, and not the Hotel California

I figure I'll give you a break. All this anti-life hasn't done me any favors, either. I'm on a hiatus until further notice.

Just gotta get away; get away from here.

A parting song...

As a parting note, this music doesn't cause brain damage. Easy mistake, since those with brain damage are attracted to this music.

I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine...fine...fine...I need a nap and some ice cream.

I seriously and truly wonder how I would have processed this kind of music if I had been exposed to it at a young age. Popular music didn't hit me big upside the head until the Beatles hit this country 50 years ago. A few years later it was the early Bob Dylan. The head-banging best for me was listening to and seeing the Judas Priest video You've Got Another Thing Comin'. I'd include Billy Idol, cheesy vids and all. Most of the music on this thread leaves me at the door looking in a little, wondering, WTF?

--Brant

we will now resume our regular programming--i.e., back to humor (start laughing, damn you!--from the belly!)

Anti life? You haven't lived until you've been to a Metallica concert! I saw them for the "And justice for all" concert.

I think that Metallica's Cyanide should be voted by Objectitwits as the most "anti-life" song ever.

Suicide, I've already died

You're just the funeral I've been waiting for

Cyanide, living dead inside

Break this empty shell forevermore...

Plus, it's on the album "Death Magnetic"! Therefore it MUST be anti-life, right?

http://youtu.be/xUMqqVOlJBs

J