Any fans of "anti-life" music out there?

Kyle Jacob Biodrowski

I can only counter with this short Freddie Mercury tribute.

I'm running out of ammunition.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have succeeded. Go to the beach. Take a well-earned vacation. Objectivist Living is now the pioneer for the dark ages of Objectivism if not the American culture generally.

Michael and his OL have pulled the lid off hell.

--Brant

truth teller (I am the one)

(I can tell the software here has been upgraded-degraded)

You have succeeded. Go to the beach. Take a well-earned vacation. Objectivist Living is now the pioneer for the dark ages of Objectivism if not the American culture generally.

Michael and his OL have pulled the lid off hell.

--Brant

truth teller (I am the one)

(I can tell the software here has been upgraded-degraded)

2cryptic4me

Perhaps we should start a life affirming rock thread!

No reason we can't take this thread in a "new direction".

Fun fact about power metal. Power metal, specifically melodic power metal, is sometimes called "happy metal".

http://youtu.be/mIVf9DLu6os

Thanks for that, Jules.

It's late at night and I'm experiencing a bit of melancholy, so I need something a little more subtle and pensive.

What's interesting is not that these vids are "anti-life" but anti-video. I watched MTV for at least a decade, 1983 on, until it went belly up for me by getting into hip hop and "reality" shows. In 1983 they played "Hungry Like a Wolf" multiple times an hour due to a shortage of videos and they were so anti-black only a couple of black-rendered novelty songs were shown until they finally caved in to pressure and started showing "Billie Jean," the only Michael Jackson video I ever liked. But the point is, they were all real videos, not static photographs or panned photographs. Not one. Most of these songs here are not real videos; they would cost too much for these young artists so it would seem they are focused on what's important, the actual song and singing it. Some of those early videos they showed on MTV were works of art, however, and I recorded scores of them on VHS before they degenerated into concert recordings only. I wonder if those real video productions are ever coming back. The old ones are on You Tube, of course, making my recordings superfluous.

--Brant

I can't see the future but the future sees me

I care about the future but the future doesn't care about me

people, people, people--all I see are people, people everywhere

but people don't see me

(no sweat)

I don't think I've posted this one yet. I've likely, unintentionally, posted one song twice and, in some cases, two songs once, during the course of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a cool one! You may recognize it as the theme song to the HBO mini series "Vikings".

Especially the first line!

KYLE Volbeat is pretty badass.

I don't recognize the song at all. I never got into "Vikings", though, I've heard it's great.

I have been negligent! For those who like classical music!

http://youtu.be/zf2aIVKp1OY

These guys rock it pretty good!

Wow, I didn't expect the song to be played so fast. I'm still listening to it and I'm unable to form an opinion about it, lol.

Here's a Apocalyptica and Metallica live collaboration.

Not objective art.

--Brant

u guys don't seem to know where u r

Here's art of an object.

wallpapers-green-vector-orb-ball-by-levo

Am I getting closer?

Mua ha ha Brant!

No worries Brant we are just letting out the wild side in all of us in a harmless non classical pigeonhole kind of way.

You see some of this stuff actually has the occasional Objectivist slant to it!

Rush as a band comes to mind. Metallica actually has a LOT of very libertarian ideals within it expressed from the lens of how the government is screwing us over.

..and justice for all being one.

Hope this isn't double posted!

Mua ha ha Brant!

No worries Brant we are just letting out the wild side in all of us in a harmless non classical pigeonhole kind of way.

Running or whispering or tip-toeing or whistling by the graveyard of subjectivistic impulses dancing to God Rand-forsaken hedonistic ravings from a degenerated sewer-drenched culture!

--Brant

Revenge Return of the Jedi

I don't belong to any social media and don't sign in to YouTube so can't "share".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=70FI3c2ARKM

Good man - Devour The Day

Lol Kyle that's the spirit!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=DWdtN7pCZug&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDWdtN7pCZug%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

hrrm maybe it does work

Trenches - Pop Evil (I like this one a lot )

However I may indeed have to eventually concede defeat(one day) and we will all have to adopt

Hail to the King - Avenged Sevenfold as our anthem!

I'm a fan of their older material.

Yes I like their old stuff as well!

Here is an oldy but a goody!

http://youtu.be/umeZtszNShk

It is a tad cynical lol.

Meh, that's not cynical. Find me at 3 a.m. on a Monday night after I realize I've been scammed $40 on an e-book that promised to make me hundreds of dollars a day. Now that's cynical.