Any fans of "anti-life" music out there?

Kyle Jacob Biodrowski

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds kinda like Vanessa Mae. she was very popular when I was a teenager.

I don't now what to think about these interpretations. I'm surely happy people are playing history's greatest composer in new instruments. In the case of Glenn Gould playing Bach in the piano (which did not exist in the time of Bach) resulted in a, if not greater, comparable work of art.

the sheer technique that playing vivaldi on an electric guitar demands should raise the bar for other electric guitar music.

It takes a...unique kind of personality to appreciate heavy metal-styled guitar playing. It appears that playing classical pieces on modern instruments bridges the gap for classical music lovers.

As for technique, while the Four Seasons interpretation on guitar is technical, there are easily more technical songs found in the Heavy Metal genre (specifically in the Melodic Metal genre). Children of Bodom regularly raises the bar for electric guitar music, especially in the realm of technical precision and variation.

Here's another good one. There's a lot of groove in the opening riff, and it pulls you in instantly.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow Jules! My Bose speakers did a lot of justice to that song. I've never heard of Nothingface and, from my brief researching, it looks like they've been around for a while. I have to do a bit more *ahem* research on them.

Have some Dio as a reward.

http://youtu.be/0MkCGcH2s3Q

http://youtu.be/QwlfMDBHN_M

Speaking of Brant, there hasn't been a post from him for at least a page. He's had enough. He's finished! I knew the anti-life would overcome his refined sensibilities and silly rationality.

They only glued my cut back together. The Cat Scan was negative. (I tripped over a bike this morning.)

I haven't yet decided whether to rip you apart or something else, Kyle. It doesn't matter it's not your fault; your "music" has turned me whip-ass irrational.

--Brant

making my plans--I may put up some Sound of Music crappola to totally waste this thread (welcome to the big time, punk!)

if you bang your head get a Cat scan--the older you are the more likely you are to be completely fucked if you don't

• 2 weeks later...

Damn Kyle you've got some catchin up to do!

Slipknot managed to evolve into something rather different, while still good. Though, it also appears that they are reaching back toward their older sound in some of their newer songs. Marilyn Manson, on the other hand, seems to have lost it all together. Manson's music has become rather bland and I can't quite put my finger on it. I hate to say that he's trying too hard, as I've always hated that excuse for I feel that it is a cop-out for a failure to pick out the real reason. But I do think that he's "trying too hard" to recapture his old sound. A man can never revert back to his old self and he shouldn't waste a second trying. Even when Slipknot makes the attempt to recapture their old sound, they do manage to recapture it, though in modified form. Manson should take a serious look at their approach.

/end rant that came out of nowhere and hardly went anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

‼️‼️‼️ who woulda thought!

Here is a darker version of a Niel Young classic.

What I like about it is that they didn't OVER do the song. As I said just a bit of a darker version.

Lol never thought I would see you post on THIS thread Infidel. Rest assured it is probably a no go zone for ...multiple people.?

Not sure if I can warm to that version, Jules, although I can't say I disliked it. I'm a big N.Y. fan, apart from his loony lefty, enviro-wacko beliefs. To keep with the thread title, perhaps this song is anti-life. Or, perhaps not. The lyrics don't make it clear. Anyway, I love this song regardless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frtJQFe9apw/p>

• 3 weeks later...

Among the most popular of the Anti-Life (anti-man, anti-reason, anti-etc.) are Peter, Paul, and The Other Leftist. (Hard to deny musically, you must keep your mind.)

I kid you not: it is the sugar coating over the poison pill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaWl2lA7968&list=RDVaWl2lA7968

It is just that they asked the questions we did not dare ask (as, for instance, Ayn Rand's (belated) essay "Racism"))

My father and Mary's father were best friends at Antioch College, Ohio around 1930. He went into the Merchant Marine in WWII and then wrote some novels. I read someone of his name, Robert Travers, died on a boat in the Gulf of California quite a few years ago.

--Brant

20th Meridian

A Funeral for Sabella