The Ultimate Final Prediction Thread - You Can Make Any Additional Predictions That You Chose To Make - However, You Must Make An Electoral Number Prediction

Selene

I'm thinking fondly about Brazil right now.

But it ain't over 'til it's over.

Karl Rove still remains hopeful and crunching numbers. He was the only one left when everyone, including both Georges, thought Kerry won, so that's a good sign.

Ai, que saudades...

Michael

Rove has been fooling himself. The same has been true for a long time for many Republican pundits. Rush Limbaugh, for example, has made himself a laughing stock. And don't even get me started on that pompous fool, Dick Morris. Despite being wrong, and seriously wrong, time and again, he still manages to get himself taken seriously. Go figure.

The best coverage by far has been on CNN, not on Fox. But it was easy to see that even Sarah Palin had given up the ghost on Fox.

Ghs

Obama now has 249 electoral votes. He doesn't even need Florida or Ohio to win, though he will win both. It will be an electoral landslide for Obama. I and at least one other OLer predicted this months ago. (Who were you?) So how come we are not making big bucks as talking heads on television? Life is not fair. 8-)

Ghs

Well hell...

Next step--I see impeachment (or an attempt at one) over Benghazi coming down the pike.

Michael

If successful, wouldn't Biden then take over. OMG.

Folks:

My apologies. I have never been this off on an analysis in four decades.

I apparently just did not want to believe that this complete failure could beat even the "blowup doll" as George aptly pointed out.

Clearly, I have to accept the fact that it is basically over in terms of seeing any effective slowing down of the centralized state growth.

The thought of an impeachment trial with a vote in the Harry Reid dominated Senate is a nightmare that will further tear apart the civil fabric of this country.

A....

It will be an electoral landslide for Obama. I and at least one other OLer predicted this months ago. (Who were you?)

Ahem, you predicted the election wouldn't be close, but didn't specify that you meant in the electoral college or in the popular vote. You were writing before the first debate, so when another OLer started making hay of it on another thread I thought he was in the wrong. However, the election was close, within at most the tens of thousands in the swing states, and Florida is still not called. If this were a sports bet you'd probably have lost on points. Michael Marotta was your second, and he went so far as to claim, recently, that one must be delusional to think Romney might win. I wonder if he'll be along soon to dance a pirouette.

For my part, at least my prediction of the Zombie Apocalypse wasn't falsified.

Here's some of the good news:

It will be an electoral landslide for Obama. I and at least one other OLer predicted this months ago. (Who were you?)

Ahem, you predicted the election wouldn't be close, but didn't specify that you meant in the electoral college or in the popular vote. You were writing before the first debate, so when another OLer started making hay of it on another thread I thought he was in the wrong. However, the election was close, within at most the tens of thousands in the swing states, and Florida is still not called. If this were a sports bet you'd probably have lost on points. Michael Marotta was your second, and he went so far as to claim, recently, that one must be delusional to think Romney might win. I wonder if he'll be along soon to dance a pirouette.

I thought I did specify electoral votes. I tried to double-check, but I couldn't locate the post. I don't even know the name of the thread. Can anyone help me out with this?

Ghs

I thought I did specify electoral votes. I tried to double-check, but I couldn't locate the post. I don't even know the name of the thread. Can anyone help me out with this?

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12386entry167751

My prediction: Obama wins by the skin of his teeth. Senates remains slightly Democrat, and House slightly Republican.

Stock market then goes promptly into the shitter.

Unlike Ms. Rand, I am not usually fond of quoting myself.

Like Ms. Rand, however, I am usually right. :laugh:

My prediction: Obama wins by the skin of his teeth. Senates remains slightly Democrat, and House slightly Republican.

Hat tip - excellent call.

Stock market is down 300 points, too. Just sayin.'

PDS and George H. Smith were right about the election’s outcome. I bow to your superior intellect.

Curious Geroge wrote:

A word of advice for Republicans: Next time nominate something other than a political blowup doll.

end quote

Rush was just saying, fewer people voted for Romney than McCain. Next time. What to do next time? Obama retained his Hispanic and Black majority. Will Biden or Hillary do the same if nominated in 2016?

In 2008 Obama got plus 8 percent of the woman’s vote. This time he got plus 12 percent! My youngest daughter voted for Obama and she says Republicans will need to select a candidate who will NOT threaten to nominate Supreme court judges who WILL overturn Roe v. Wade. She may be right. We need to purge the social conservatives from positions of power. Ta ta, Sarah Palin. Bye, bye Huckabee. I remember Stephen Boydstun brilliantly predicted this and a couple of us laughed at him.

Peter

Although I wasn't watching Fox News last night—or any of the TV coverage—my understanding that Karl Rove ended up getting corrected about Ohio by Michael Barone.

So maybe FNC isn't totally lost.

Sigh...

Our now second-term President could end up being impeached over his handling of the Benghazi attacks.

And even if the Benghazi affair merely leads to the selection of a fall guy or girl, the, er, negotiations over the Fiscal Cliff and the debt ceiling may prove eventful.

Not to mention the continued unworkings of the unworkable ObamaCare—when there is no way to get significant patches on it through both houses of Congress.

Robert Campbell

Our now second-term President could end up being impeached over his handling of the Benghazi attacks.

Why would he be impeached? He didn't lie under oath, right? Clinton wasn't impeached over "I did not have sexual relations..." but over his sworn testimony. And comparing what happened to say, the Bay of Pigs, Obama comes out better than Kennedy did. He at least still has the fig leaf of plausible deniability concerning his role, or lack thereof.

Why would he be impeached? He didn't lie under oath, right? Clinton wasn't impeached over "I did not have sexual relations..." but over his sworn testimony. And comparing what happened to say, the Bay of Pigs, Obama comes out better than Kennedy did. He at least still has the fig leaf of plausible deniability concerning his role, or lack thereof.

You are correct, of course. Plus, even the Republicans are not suicidal enough to launch a futile impeachment crusade against Obama. It would widely be perceived as sour grapes.

The impeachment of Clinton was also a dumb idea.

Ghs

• 3 years later...

Flashback time!

On 11/6/2012 at 2:49 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Adam,

I'll join in.

My prediction: Romney over 300 in the Electoral College and over 50% in the popular vote. He cleans up with people who live in places they don't poll much, but who will turn out in mass.

Here's Dick Morris to help a little on crunching the poll numbers...

I miss Adam Selene at times like this ...

On 11/6/2012 at 1:07 PM, william.scherk said:

In popular votes, I suspect that the final results will give the edge to Obama, in the range of Mao:50. Gonch:48. I see no breakthrough for any third-party candidate.

What times does the party start here, anyway? -- I will start reporting my impressions once Virginia and Ohio close.

I think if Mutton cannot take Colorado and Ohio and Florida (all three), there is not much chance of him getting past 270.

As for the Post-Mao apocalypse, and the economic nose-dive, and for riots and civil war and stock crash, FEMA camps, bunkers and exodus to Canada, I don't see anything major happening.

On 11/6/2012 at 1:07 PM, William Scherk said: In popular votes, I suspect that the final results will give the edge to Obama, in the range of Mao:50. Gonch:48. I see no breakthrough for any third-party candidate. end quote

The relevance is that you hardly need to modify your four year old prediction to Hillary 50 to Donald 48 in the all - important electoral college but . . .  popularly the vote could be Hillary 43, Donald 42, Gary 7, and Green Lady 3 percent. And if we count double voting, the votes from names on tombstones, and votes using the social security numbers of the under 5 year old crowd it may add up to 105 percent, which sounds like a day in the life of a Banana Republic.

Peter