Do you want holes in your intestine?

jts

Speaking of holes in intestines, Jerry -- what do you think about chemtrails?

What I think? Do you care?

Yes, what you think, Jerry -- you, not other people, not Youtube. You. Other people are not here to discuss. What do you yourself think about chemtrails?

What we know about Jeffrey M Smith:

1. He has an MBA from Maharishi Shool of Management in Iowa.
  2. He has a blog on Huffington Post.
  3. He is a member of the Sierra Club.
  4. With his wife Andrea he runs a SwingDance school in Iowa.
  5. In 1998 he ran for a seat for the Iowa state house. He recieved 932 votes. He ran for the Natural Law Party of the US.
  6. In 1996 he demonstrated Yogic Flying for the press in Chicago.
  7. He calls himself an expert in GMO foods.
  8. He calls any criticism of his book (Genetic Roulette) a 'smear'
  9. He has NEVER responded in detail to the critics of his recent book.

So, a dance teacher self-publishes a book via vanity press in 2003. Later, Jerry Story tells us we should listen to this man's videos on the dangers of genetically modified organisms.

Why, Jerry? Have you asked yourself what makes this dance teaching Yogic flying master someone whose word you should trust?

Here's Jeffrey doing the high-jump:

smith1.jpg

Here's Jeffrey doing the old swing dance with his lovely wife:

H55K.jpeg

Who said trust him? You seem to want someone to trust. Why? Why is it about trust? Why is the attention on the messenger instead of on the message? Are you not able to prove that the message is false?

And why can't a person be an expert at multiple things? Why does being an expert at one thing prove that he is not an expert at something else? That is weird reasoning.

Kasparov in his book "How Life Imitates Chess" explains that one gets better in a field by learning other fields, and the less related the better.

Jerry Story tells us we should listen to [Jeffrey Smith]'s videos on the dangers of genetically modified organisms.

Why, Jerry? Have you asked yourself what makes this dance teaching Yogic flying master someone whose word you should trust?

Who said trust him?

Jerry, my friend, look back at your recommendations. These are all from you:

• Listen to Jeffrey Smith for the whole story.
  • Listen to a Jeffrey Smith video for the whole story.
  • Listen to Jeffrey Smith for the whole story.
  • Listen to Jeffrey Smith for more stories.
  • Jeffrey Smith explains it better than I can.
  • Search "Jeffrey Smith" for more videos and websites.
  • The best source of info about GMO is Jeffrey Smith. Do a search on him and listen to all his lectures and to all his interviews. Inform yourself.

My question was WHY? Why should we listen to Jeffrey Smith? Why should we accept that he is 'the best source of info about GMO'?

You seem to want someone to trust. Why?

I want information, Jerry, and I want an explanation from you -- why is Jeffrey Smith the authority you trust to be 'the best source of info'? What gives you that confidence in the man's materials?

Why is it about trust?

I am asking you why you trust Jeffrey Smith. Is that realy too difficult a question to answer?

Why is the attention on the messenger instead of on the message? Are you not able to prove that the message is false?

Well, friend, you have not given any attention in this thread to [smith's] message, you merely accept it and trumpet it. You appear to uncritically accept everything written by Jeffrey Smith on the subject, and also appear not to understand some basics about Bt (one standout bit of ignorance is freaking out about Bt exuded by plants, but not by Bt applied to plants -- as I noted to your apparent stupefactation, Bt has been sprayed on crops since 1920).

It seems ironic that you tout Smith relentlessly, but when asked why you tout him as an expert, you go mute or distracted. The irony comes from your dismissal of research depending on its provenance -- as you dismiss any research that comes from 'the gummint' ... as you dismiss the findings of anyone with a credential:, as you dismiss findings while citing them!

Here is the Rutgers experiment showing that soil influences mineral composition of veggies. But it is on the soilandhealth website and therefore is not valid evidence.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. The Soilandhealth website is not affiliated with any educational institution and is unaffiliated with any government and unaffiliated with anyone but Justin Crawford. I have no idea what criteria you used to reject anything from this site. Incidentally the paper you urged your readers to read (but dismiss!) was published in 1948.

I don't trust government. I drink distilled water made by my distiller. I avoid GE foods. Whatever the FDA ... approves, I avoid. I don't watch TV. I get all my news from "alternative" sources. That means sources not approved by government. I don't have much formal education, not even a high school diploma. I look upon government-run schools as government indoctrination camps. I'm paranoid about food. I believe they really are out to get me. That's why everything I eat, I want to know what is in it.

This is wonderful, Jerry. You want to know what is in the food you eat. However, when I pointed out that the food you eat is likely treated with Bt toxins ... you replied without noting the fact.

Here is the issue, Jerry. That Bt toxins have been part of the human diet since the 1920s you accept. that the Bt toxins put holes in your guts because of Bt, you also accept.

Does it not seem alarming that you have no idea if Bt is on the food you consume, that you only seem concerned about Bt inside the food you consume?

What is the difference?

Edited by william.scherk

Here is the issue, Jerry. That Bt toxins have been part of the human diet since the 1920s you accept. that the Bt toxins put holes in your guts because of Bt, you also accept.

Does it not seem alarming that you have no idea if Bt is on the food you consume, that you only seem concerned about Bt inside the food you consume?

What is the difference?

Jeffrey Smith explained that. I didn't say trust him. I said listen to him. Judge for yourself whether what he says makes sense.

I will say a few things about trust.

I tend to trust people to be honest until I have reason to think otherwise. This is the principle of innocent until proved guilty.

Monsanto is obviously dishonest to an extreme degree. A bunch of industries are dishonest in their research. Look up the history of the approval of aspartame. Surgically remove tumors from the animals and then say there were no tumors and call that science. Do that just once and your credibility is permanently shot. I'm not interested in any research done by or funded by those industries.

It is normal for government to tell lies. Government has no credibility. FDA is an extension of government. Whatever the Fraud and Deception Administration approves, I avoid as much as I can. When they approve tomatoes and broccoli, I will quit tomatoes and broccoli.

About chemtrails. Wiki assures us that government did a study on that and it proved that they are merely long lasting contrails in certain weather conditions. That may be. But such a study should be done by something other than government, for at least 2 obvious reasons.

1. Government is dishonest in general.

2. Government is a suspect. If O. J. Simpson was in charge of investigating who killed Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown, he would find himself innocent. If government is guilty of chemtrails (not saying it is or isn't) it would find itself innocent.

A person can be honest but honestly mistaken. Trusting a person to be honest does not imply believing everything the person says. I might, at least to some degree, trust his 'facts' on the ground that I have no reason to think he is a liar, but not accept his conclusions from those facts. Or I might accept his conclusions, not because he said so but because they are my conclusions also.

About Jeffrey Smith. I have no reason to think Jeffrey Smith is dishonest or motivated by malice. Maybe some day, but not now. The fact that he is a dancer does not enter into the question of whether he is honest. Listening to him does not imply believing everything he says just because he says it. I am puzzled that anyone would think that.

About Jeffrey Smith. I have no reason to think Jeffrey Smith is dishonest or motivated by malice. Maybe some day, but not now. The fact that he is a dancer does not enter into the question of whether he is honest. Listening to him does not imply believing everything he says just because he says it. I am puzzled that anyone would think that.

Ai yai yai, Jerry.

Who said, "The best source of info about GMO is Jeffrey Smith"?

You.

And my question was WHY should we accept that he is the best source of info.

That question you do not answer.

The last thing in the world I'm worried about is genetically modified agricultural products. (I have a similar lack of concern over pesticides too.) My father was a botanist and horticulturalist. He explained the science of agricultural production to me quite clearly. Genetic modification of crops doesn't bother me in the least. Just let me buy tomatoes at a good price and we'll be cool.

The last thing in the world I'm worried about is genetically modified agricultural products. (I have a similar lack of concern over pesticides too.) My father was a botanist and horticulturalist. He explained the science of agricultural production to me quite clearly. Genetic modification of crops doesn't bother me in the least. Just let me buy tomatoes at a good price and we'll be cool.

Joseph:

Out of curiosity, did your parents have any intelligent, thoughtful, or, courteous children?

Adam