Well...This Sure Ain't The Lincoln Douglas Debates...

Selene

Adam,

No, it isn't. And not just because Scott Brown voted for FrankenDodd and doesn't want anyone to think he might (horrors) be a global warming skeptic.

Elizabeth Warren's claim to be 1/32 Cherokee is not only completely unfounded but thoroughly outrageous. She obviously expected—and got—professional advancement out of it.

She has consistently refused to meet with representatives of the Cherokee Nation. Why would that be?

Language like this, excusing Warren's strategic, umm, confusion of Brown with Todd Akin, now with Jim Inhofe, tells us all we need to know about Politico:

Polls have shown that Bay State voters prefer a Democratic-controlled Senate. And strategists on both sides saw Warren’s approach as a preview of an argument that she would emphasize more in the coming weeks.

Politico's mission is to get Democrats elected and keep them elected. It's occasionally informative, more by accident than by design.

Robert Campbell

Good to know all the important issues are getting discussed.

Now, if the country were in imminent danger of going bankrupt, I am certain that that prospect would the central focus of this campaign.

Fortunately, we'll only be bankrupt in about 4-5 years, so why sweat it right now? Right?

Good to know all the important issues are getting discussed.

Now, if the country were in imminent danger of going bankrupt, I am certain that that prospect would the central focus of this campaign.

Fortunately, we'll only be bankrupt in about 4-5 years, so why sweat it right now? Right?

PDS:

It is truly sad, PDS, that we have folks running for one of the hundred (100) most powerful positions on the planet and they wallow in weak wasteful discourse.

Adam

Folks:

Here is, if it is true, an astounding and egregious cover up of a "crime" in the state of Massachusetts.

Elizabeth Warren’s law license problem

Posted by William A. Jacobson Monday, September 24, 2012 at 7:37am

Maintained private law practice at Cambridge office for over a decade but not licensed in Massachusetts

The debate last Thursday night between Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren covered ground mostly known to voters.

But there was one subject most people watching probably did not know about, Elizabeth Warren’s private legal representation of The Travelers Insurance Company in an asbestos-related case.

http://legalinsurrec...icense-problem/

This is starting to get some attention.

I'm offended that they used the Florida State University chant in this way. BTW, is that "tune" only used by my alma mater? Do other colleges with native american themed team names use the same thing? My understanding is that it's not even remotely authentic, FWIW.

Dennis:

The Tomahawk chant is a staple of the Atlanta Braves baseball team.  I used to love the absolute contradiction of watching Jane Fonda in her box seat doing the chant...

how un-PC lol

Here is how it started - Deon Sanders came from your school...

The Seminoles/Braves chant appears to have been the work of some Hollywood soundtrack composer. Not even vaguely authentic, but great for audience participation.

I don't know exactly when Braves fans started doing it. The Braves ownership did eventually retire Chief Nok-a-homa and put away his teepee.

Robert Campbell

Maintained private law practice at Cambridge office for over a decade but not licensed in Massachusetts

Adam,

The Legal Insurrection guy appears to have his ground covered.

Elizabeth Warren is one ruthless opportunist.

Robert Campbell

Yes...he sure does.

And...

the chant started in 1991 according to the video in # 9.