Ron Paul will be seen by those who attend Tampa GOP convention!

(Gulch, the link failed twice. However, "GOP TAMPA RON PAUL" returned seveal hits among them these.)

“Much of the $2.5 million Paul’s presidential campaign had at the end of July will be directed toward a Paul-led event in Tampa, campaign spokesman Jesse Benton said.

Our team has been very busy working to plan our ‘Rally for the Liberty Delegates’ event in Tampa and setting up our convention plans, including the fight to seat as many of our delegates as possible,” Benton said in an email.

POLITICO for August 17 here:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79845.html

According to USA Today for July 22

(here:http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-07-22/ron-paul-gop-convention/56420234/1)

The Paul campaign and the Republican National Committee (RNC) have been working closely over the past few months to work out logistics in order to include the Texas congressman and his supporters in the August convention in Tampa.

"They've just treated us like a friend and like a coalition," said Jesse Benton, a spokesman for the Paul campaign. "They have been honest brokers in working with us and treated us with respect."

Paul will hold a rally with supporters Aug. 26 at the University of South Florida's Sun Dome — a venue convention planners helped him get.

"We have worked closely with Congressman Paul to secure a location for this event," said Kyle Downey, a spokesman for the GOP convention.

Ron Paul Delegates Set to Strike Deal with RNC

Posted by CNN Political Director Mark Preston

Tampa, Florida (CNN) – A stand off between Ron Paul supporters and the Republican National Committee over convention delegates appears to be easing, and both sides are close to announcing a deal that could help avoid a potentially embarrassing moment for Mitt Romney on the day he receives the GOP presidential nomination

"We are extremely pleased with how this platform is going," said the source close to Paul. "It is a very constitutionally conservative, little 'l' libertarian document.

... the Romney campaign has asked his son, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, to speak in prime time Monday night at the convention.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/21/ron-paul-delegates-set-to-strike-deal-with-rnc/?hpt=hp_t1

That speech by Rand Paul should be, along with Christie's and Ryan's, the top three orations of the Convention.

Ann Romney's opening night speech should be a quality event.

Scott Walker, Wisconsin Governor and Ted Cruz, Senator-elect from Texas are also excellent speakers.

Yeah, but it is all just empty rhetoric. The real battle and the real victory is philosophical not political, except as political science rests on metaphysics. When Americans stop going to church and start going into business, then the revolution will have been won.

In the mean time, you are just being used by power mongers and power brokers and power seekers who spout the rhetoric of their electoral base.

Yeah, but it is all just empty rhetoric. The real battle and the real victory is philosophical not political, except as political science rests on metaphysics. When Americans stop going to church and start going into business, then the revolution will have been won.

In the mean time, you are just being used by power mongers and power brokers and power seekers who spout the rhetoric of their electoral base.

Michael:

As a teacher of rhetoric, great oratory is like hearing great music, or seeing great art. That is the context of my remarks.

Adam

Ah! Yes, great rhetoric, and not merely ideological babbling you agree with.

Of course, anyone at that level must have some game; and the audience will be packed like a Bruce Springsteen concert with paid enthusiasts. They will clap on queue and cheer when it is needed. That helps the delivery. Once on a software project, I chided the fans who do nothing but take credit for the victory. A high school football player replied that the crowd makes all the difference: the home field advantage is not about the grass and the chalk.

As you probably know I do a bit of public speaking myself. When I ran for Congress, everyone else - even the incumbant - stood

behind the lecturn for protection. (He hugged it.) I took the microphone from the stand and stepped to the edge of the stage to speak to the audience, person to person to the greatest extent possible. That was before I completed a Toastmaster's certification. So, yes, I appreciate great delivery.

Whom do you recommend? (Got any YouTube links?)

It is one of the many reasons that I love The West Wing. (We are reviewing the ones that Lawrence O'Donnell wrote.) It is a show about speech writers. Good writing has blood in it; and at the end of the speech, the audience comes to their feet.