Love in Bloom

Victor Pross

Of course, this is for Angie baby. Just because I want to. :)

Love's Philosophy - Shelly

The fountains mingle with the river,

And the rivers with the ocean;

The winds of heaven mix forever

With a sweet emotion;

Nothing in the world is single;

All things by a law divine

In another's being mingle--

Why not I with thine?

See, the mountains kiss high heaven,

And the waves clasp one another;

No sister flower could be forgiven

If it disdained its brother;

And the sunlight clasps the earth,

And the moonbeams kiss the sea;--

What are all these kissings worth,

If thou kiss not me?

Thank you, Honey, very sweet of you. :heart: It's very very pretty. I absolutely love how romantic you are !!!

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Honey, very sweet of you. :heart: It's very very pretty. I absolutely love how romantic you are !!!

Angie sweetie, you are the True romantic, and I am merely the carbon copy to your real McCoy. But I’m doing my very best to give expression to how I sincerely feel.

What have I done except offer goblets of poetry and whisper the words ‘I love you’—and genuinely heart felt it is—it pales to the romance you are able to muster and show. However, after all these adult years, I can see that romantic expression is not bound to the offering of poetry and flowers or slow dancing. It can also be expressed in the magnificent trust and enthusiasm YOU exemplify by flying out to Canada and taking up quarters with me to savor the panoramic view that is Niagara Falls! That is what is breathtakingly romantic.

Now, I know some people would call this naivety or ‘rationalism’ or god knows whatever else—which, of course, has become ridiculous given how each of us knows how we feel—but I extend myself further to say this: THIS IS A TRUE EXPRESSION OF ROMANTIC LOVE.

Of course, I don’t believe in pre-destination...and yet...I have the feeling that I was meant to be with you. Hmm, that must be the romantic in me. I feel as if my world has been tossed into a Heraclites flux—where everything is and isn’t, where everything is its opposite. That is, knowing you—that you are in my life--is so surreal and yet also very superlatively real. I feel—and at once--that I can’t imagine what I did to deserve your love—and yet I also feel that it fits me perfectly and that I have a right to claim it.

As our May 23 date approaches, with each passing day, I can feel the earth stir when I contemplate it, and the butterflies are let loose in my stomach, and I shake my head in wonderment. I light up and smile.

Honey, I’m an artist, I’m in the business of expressing myself, of concretizing my feelings, my worldview, my metaphysical abstractions, but I can certainly learn from you. Alas, you seem to be expressing yourself much more effectively than I am. I want to give that back to you. Meanwhile, until I do learn from you, I will have to confine myself to words that have been uttered for hundreds of years, but are at least being uttered with every fiber of my being: ‘I love you.’ :heart:

:turned:

Edited by Victor Pross

Angie sweetie, you are the True romantic, and I am merely the carbon copy to your real McCoy. But I’m doing my very best to give expression to how I sincerely feel.

What have I done except offer goblets of poetry and whisper the words ‘I love you’—and genuinely heart felt it is—it pales to the romance you are able to muster and show. However, after all these adult years, I can see that romantic expression is not bound to the offering of poetry and flowers or slow dancing. It can also be expressed in the magnificent trust and enthusiasm YOU exemplify by flying out to Canada and taking up quarters with me to savor the panoramic view that is Niagara Falls! That is what is breathtakingly romantic.

Now, I know some people would call this naivety or ‘rationalism’ or god knows whatever else—which, of course, has become ridiculous given how each of us knows how we feel—but I extend myself further to say this: THIS IS A TRUE EXPRESSION OF ROMANTIC LOVE.

Of course, I don’t believe in pre-destination...and yet...I have the feeling that I was meant to be with you. Hmm, that must be the romantic in me. I feel as if my world has been tossed into a Heraclites flux—where everything is and isn’t, where everything is its opposite. That is, knowing you—that you are in my life--is so surreal and yet also very superlatively real. I feel—and at once--that I can’t imagine what I did to deserve your love—and yet I also feel that it fits me perfectly and that I have a right to claim it.

As our May 23 date approaches, with each passing day, I can feel the earth stir when I contemplate it, and the butterflies are let loose in my stomach, and I shake my head in wonderment. I light up and smile.

Honey, I’m an artist, I’m in the business of expressing myself, of concretizing my feelings, my worldview, my metaphysical abstractions, but I can certainly learn from you. Alas, you seem to be expressing yourself much more effectively than I am. I want to give that back to you. Meanwhile, until I do learn from you, I will have to confine myself to words that have been uttered for hundreds of years, but are at least being uttered with every fiber of my being: ‘I love you.’ :heart:

Honey, this is absolutely beautiful and is the most touching expression of love I have ever recieved. I am honestly at a complete loss for words. Really, I am. I read this earlier tonight and was at a loss for words then as I am still now. This is truly moving and so touching. My heart melts. Honey, you are my everything. I love you.

Ange, I'm at a loss for words and it wasn't even written to me! LMAO.

After a bit of absence, I've rediscovered this thread and learned that you two are meeting! CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you two have so much fun that you just vomit all over your suite. Okay...I don't really wish that upon you. But still. Have a ball! Love is in the air! :heart:

Judith, you're so right, the love-haters are just poopheads. I'm going to laugh about that for weeks. :)

Ange, I'm at a loss for words and it wasn't even written to me! LMAO.

After a bit of absence, I've rediscovered this thread and learned that you two are meeting! CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you two have so much fun that you just vomit all over your suite. Okay...I don't really wish that upon you. But still. Have a ball! Love is in the air! :heart:

Judith, you're so right, the love-haters are just poopheads. I'm going to laugh about that for weeks. :)

Hey Kori, not only are they poopheads, they are also damaged people pretending to be otherwise (even to themselves). I don’t feel bad for malicious people. I want to slap them upside of the head.

457606676_13c0698116.jpg

461709978_39f5a12345.jpg

I'm back, and it was fantastic! Austria is beautiful, and he took me to Italy, which is also very beautiful. In December, after Christmas, I'm moving there. I'm still uploading photos very slowly, and reeling from exhaustion and jet leg and missing him... hopefully there will be another visit in the summer and hopefully he will make his first visit to the States in autumn.

Ange & Victor-- glad you are finally meeting. I can't believe the patience you have. My advice is to be open to how they are in person, it could be different than what you imagined, so let yourselves get used to how the other person lives in their body.

Ange & Victor-- glad you are finally meeting. I can't believe the patience you have. My advice is to be open to how they are in person, it could be different than what you imagined, so let yourselves get used to how the other person lives in their body.

Hi Jenna,

Thanks for the advice. Mind you, Angie and I have anticipated that the reality of the living person—in the flesh person—will be somewhat different than the cyber reality and we have discussed this extensively. We are prepared to allow ourselves this impression, but we no longer feel that it will be overwhelming as we have exchanged numerous photos (mostly Angie). We feel that our meeting will merely be a continuation of a relationship that is well established--so much so, our first meeting will not be a “first date”-- we are plunging right into the love affair! Yes, the wait has been murder and so we do have a lot of, er, catching up to do. :turned:

Wow, you two look like cozy lovebirds and it seems like things are riding along rather smoothly. The best to you.

-Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

Hi Jenna,

Thanks for the advice. Mind you, Angie and I have anticipated that the reality of the living person—in the flesh person—will be somewhat different than the cyber reality and we have discussed this extensively. We are prepared to allow ourselves this impression, but we no longer feel that it will be overwhelming as we have exchanged numerous photos (mostly Angie). We feel that our meeting will merely be a continuation of a relationship that is well established--so much so, our first meeting will not be a “first date”-- we are plunging right into the love affair! Yes, the wait has been murder and so we do have a lot of, er, catching up to do. :turned:

Wow, you two look like cozy lovebirds and it seems like things are riding along rather smoothly. The best to you.

-Victor

No matter what happens, you guys can sell the screen rights!

--Brant

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jenna,

I wanted to respond given that you've posted a few times to this thread recently and I haven't responded. I too have been so busy. It's mind boggling. It's been nonstop for me but bringing in some very good money and so well worth the chaotic schedule sometimes.

You guys are absolutely adorable together and it's wonderful to see you guys so in love and so happy together. The photos you put up of you two are so damn cute and sweet. Here very very soon I'll probably be putting up some photos as well !! Long time coming. We would have met sooner but being self-employed and a single mom to a 6 year old, it's definitely not easy. I love spontaneity but that all changed when I became a mom, especially now that I am a single mom. :) But that's okay. As he gets older of course, becomes more independent and self-reliant, it will be easier for me to get up and go.

Those are wonderful shots you put up. When I get more time, oy, whenever that is going to happen, I'll be going to your site to look at all the photos and the huge smiles and seeing how beautiful Italy truly is. I have a good friend that absolutely fell in love with Italy. Makes it a point every year to travel there 2 to 3 times a year. And at times, he will stay there for a few months before coming home. I've seen many wonderful pictures but will be seeing more on your site I am sure. :) It is definitely one place I have wanted to visit and will.

I wish you guys all the best !!! :heart:

Angie

I've been busy with school and work the past week or so, but put up some photos of Italy... if anyone here gets a chance, go to northern Italy in spring! It's beautiful, especially the sunsets on Lago di Garda.

466129282_9d9ec8dbe7.jpg

466635978_4066d716c8.jpg

467412411_0fad34a4d3.jpg

466636126_e914119ebe.jpg

Thank you! And, same to you!

Yes, with jobs and school and etc. it's hard to make trips... but it's all about juggling.

Well, I'll be moving out of the States in December, so I have 7 months left here to enjoy. I think I'll try life as an expat, that should be exciting.

Jenna,

It is a delight and a treat to see how happy you are.

Michael

Thank you! And, same to you!

Yes, with jobs and school and etc. it's hard to make trips... but it's all about juggling.

Well, I'll be moving out of the States in December, so I have 7 months left here to enjoy. I think I'll try life as an expat, that should be exciting.

Jenna,

It is a delight and a treat to see how happy you are.

Michael

Jenna,

I have been meaning to ask you: have you shelled out for an immigration lawyer to make arrangements to move to another country? If so, was there a lot of red tape? I think you might know, not sure, but I am planning to move to California to live with Angie. Talk about a big step. I have vssen an immigration lawyer who has quoted around 45-hundred. Hmm, makes me wonder if there is some other way.

-Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

Why, of course there is! Hop the fence, Victor! :getlost: :lol:

Oh, wait...uhh...

We don't need any more of you dirty Canadians around these here parts, fella! :lol:

Edited by Kori

Now, I know some people would call this naivety or ‘rationalism’ or god knows whatever else

Oh, I could think of a few adjectives...

Of course, I don’t believe in pre-destination...and yet...I have the feeling that I was meant to be with you. Hmm, that must be the romantic in me.

Meanwhile, until I do learn from you, I will have to confine myself to words that have been uttered for hundreds of years, but are at least being uttered with every fiber of my being: ‘I love you.’ :heart:

"I think you might know, not sure, but I am planning to move to California to live with Angie. Talk about a big step."

Now, that's sweet 'n all, but is it just me or is this all just a little but over the top for someone that's never actually met the other person? Sanity doesn't seem all that likely here. "Desperation", "delusion" seem much more likely. It ain't right. Getting interested in someone online? Sure, but the stuff above is screwy.

Well, hey at least he provided a reference for the poetry.

One thing I regret in advance is that he's unlikely to post the inevitable outcome of her dumping him in the very near future and the resulting anguish and eventual rationalizations. That would at least be entertaining to read.

Bob

There is no Dissent section to this forum, but perhaps there should be a Malice subforum.

Reality != Malice

Bob

Edit: But seriously, explain to me how professing one's deepest love and deciding to uproot one's entire life (assuming he has one) and moving thousands of miles away to another country is rational - BEFORE MEETING THE OTHER PERSON!!!

Victor's proven he's got some potentially serious problems, yet this behaviour above doesn't qualify as "warning" behaviour? Hmmmm... Explain that one to me.

Edited by Bob_Mac

There is no Dissent section to this forum, but perhaps there should be a Malice subforum.

Reality != Malice

Bob

Edit: But seriously, explain to me how professing one's deepest love and deciding to uproot one's entire life (assuming he has one) and moving thousands of miles away to another country is rational - BEFORE MEETING THE OTHER PERSON!!!

Victor's proven he's got some potentially serious problems, yet this behaviour above doesn't qualify as "warning" behaviour? Hmmmm... Explain that one to me.

Bob,

So this thread is open game for you, is it? Hmm, says more about you than me.

But tell me, what do you think of the idea of falling in love on-line--that is: before actaully meeting the other person? Is that screwy too? Is that possible? Does it happen? Forget about moving, what about just falling in love?

Edited by Victor Pross

Reality != Malice

Bob

Bob,

But tell me, what do you think of the idea of falling in love on-line--that is: before actaully meeting the other person? Is that screwy too? Is that possible? Does it happen? Forget about moving, what about just falling in love?

"So this thread is open game for you, is it?"

You want it private, then keep it private.

Falling in love is fine - it's wonderful. To think that you've fallen in love and to have decided to move without ever meeting someone is definitely screwy. Don't take my word for it though, go and book a session with a therapist and ask him/her. Ask a third party, a skilled third party and then follow their advice.

Let me ask you this... Do you think a parent - ANY (sane) parent - would condone or encourage this type of behaviour from a child (and I mean an adult child)? What I'm asking in other words is that is there anyone, older and more experienced in these matters than yourself, that has your best interest at heart, that would approve of your actions outlined here BEFORE you've even met?

Edit:

- Meeting online

- Taking an interest

- Progressing to phone conversations

- Agreeing to meet and meeting up

- Having hot, sweaty jungle-sex for 72 hours straight

ALL GOOD! Knock yourself out!!

Deciding you're in love and deciding to uproot one's life BEFORE meeting smacks of EXTREME desperation and sets oneself up for a very unpleasant dumping episode. If I was a bookie I'd give at least 2:1 odds that she'll not want to see you again with that attitude.

Bob

Edited by Bob_Mac

Reality != Malice

Bob

Bob,

Falling in love is fine - it's wonderful. To think that you've fallen in love and to have decided to move without ever meeting someone is definitely screwy. Don't take my word for it though, go and book a session with a therapist and ask him/her. Ask a third party, a skilled third party and then follow their advice.

Let me ask you this... Do you think a parent - ANY (sane) parent - would condone or encourage this type of behaviour from a child (and I mean an adult child)? What I'm asking in other words is that is there anyone, older and more experienced in these matters than yourself, that has your best interest at heart, that would approve of your actions outlined here BEFORE you've even met?

Bob

Bob, so it's "too think" we are in love? We don't know it--we (or *I*) "think" we are in love? I can tell you, we are in love. And we are meeting this month (May 23) at Niagara Falls. Is that screwy, too? I mean, all the trouble and expense of making arrangements?

Edited by Victor Pross

Reality != Malice

Bob

Bob,

Bob

Bob, so it's "too think" we are in love? We don't know it--we (or *I*) "think" we are in love? I can tell you, we are in love. And we are meeting this month (May 23) at Niagara Falls. Is that screwy, too? I mean, all the trouble and expense of making arrangements?

Fine! I edited the earlier post and explained all that stuff is great. I suggest you enjoy it because I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it ain't happenin' again.

Bob

>>>Fine! I edited the earlier post and explained all that stuff is great. I suggest you enjoy it because I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it ain't happenin' again.

What ain't happening again? People falling in love on-line? Or that Angie and I will meet again? What? Either case, how could you possibly know this? Bob, if you have any idea of the entire context of what has happened between Angie and I (not to mention how MSK and Kat—your hosts here—met; that's right, Bobby, on-line) you wouldn’t have posted here what you did [not edited].

-Meeting online

- Taking an interest

- Progressing to phone conversations

- Agreeing to meet and meeting up

- Having hot, sweaty jungle-sex for 72 hours straight

ALL GOOD! Knock yourself out!!

Deciding you're in love and deciding to uproot one's life BEFORE meeting smacks of EXTREME desperation and sets oneself up for a very unpleasant dumping episode. If I was a bookie I'd give at least 2:1 odds that she'll not want to see you again with that attitude.

So old-school, Bob. I thought I was old school. Bob, not 72 hours. More like a full week of making love and getting to know each other even more. I can say this as it is well known: yes, both Angie and I have been very open with OL friends.

You know, if you grant—as you seem to have done—that we are in love...well then, Angie and I are merely acting in accordance to what has happened: we want to be together. We know what we know and I don’t believe in procrastinating. Angie and I have seen enough to know what we want. I am an adult; I have been around the block. So has Angie. I am fully able to distinguish between being in love from, say, infatuation. So can Angie. The only reason I’m having this conversation with you is because I am deriving pleasure from seeing you make an envious ass of yourself. :turned:

Edited by Victor Pross