Sign in to follow this  
KristaLM13

Radio Discussion of Ayn Rand Philosophies

I listened to this a while back when it first came out. If I recall Brook was a no-show. Porter liked AS a great deal but couldn't get through TF. When it comes to the political-economic stuff, AS is an easy read and I think most grok her for that, especially nowadays. Not her actual, underlying philosophy. This is the separation point between libertarians and Objectivists, the former being would-be doers and the later would-be thinkers, to grossly, grossly oversimplify the matter. I also think TF had appeal to a wider audience in the 1940s and 50s than today even though both novels are literary classics. This would be for reason of general and massive cultural changes over decades--so I speculate--primarily for more first-hand knowledge of human psychology that leaves Rand a piker.

--Brant

I skipped through the interview this time and still couldn't find Yaron Brook. Where in it is he? I still think he was a no show and the two hosts spent the hour talking with each other.

I skipped through the interview this time and still couldn't find Aaron Brook. Where in it is he?

I zapped through it too, just a couple seconds at 1-2 minute intervals, waiting to hear that distinctive voice...what is this, the Rand-land answer to Waiting for Godot?