Barack Obama and Franklin Roosevelt

I just posted an Independence Day message to my blog. This was mostly from The American Political Tradition by Richard Hofstadter. Rather than editorialize about a work that was written well, I just quoted from the Introduction. Among those citations was this:

“Although it has been said repeatedly that we need a new conception of the world to replace the ideology of self-help, free enterprise, competition and beneficent cupidity upon which Americans have been nourished since the foundation of the Republic, no new conceptions of comparable strength have taken root, and no statesman with a great mass following has arisen to propound them. Bereft of a coherent and plausible body of belief – for the New Deal if it did little more, went far to undermine old ways of thought – Americans have become more receptive than ever to dynamic personal leadership as a substitute. This is the secret of Roosevelt’s popularity, and since his death, of the rudderless and demoralized state of American liberalism.” Page xxxvi

Unlike Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Lyndon Johnson, or John Kennedy, Barack Obama stands in for the left wing of his party, riding on charisma as a substitute for that broad political tradition.

I can see it now. Four more yeast of that bastard, Obama, complete with fire side chats telling us that the only thing we have to fear is liberty itself.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I can see it now. Four more yeast of that bastard, Obama, complete with fire side chats telling us that the only thing we have to fear is liberty itself.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Not a chance because using a fireplace will be punishable by death under the new O'biwan Imperial Presidential Term...

Now a solar fireplace, which will not work, will provide no heat and be as cold and dead as his ideas will fetch at least 300 or 400 million dollars in the new five year plan of stimulus spending.

When did Ayn claim that it would be time to strike?

Now seems appropriate.