One helluva speech by Sarah Palin - We are replacing crony media

One helluva speech by Sarah Palin - We are replacing crony media

Sarah presented this keynote speech at Right Online 2012.

I know, I know. Some people think she rode in on a broom. If you don't like her, but still watch this video, try to hear her message without the partisan part.

What goes for the right goes for the left in her message and vice-versa.

Does anyone have a pet moose?

Heh.

I am a big fan of Sarah's and, so far, she has not given me a reason to waver. She doesn't play by the rules of the power mongers--but she kicks their asses at election time (right and left)--and I really really really like that.

The only thing wrong with her being VP if she had won, though, would have been that McCain would have been pres. So I'm not so sad she lost that one.

Michael

I am a big fan of Sarah's and, so far, she has not given me a reason to waver. She doesn't play by the rules of the power mongers--but she kicks their asses at election time (right and left)--and I really really really like that.

The only thing wrong with her being VP if she had won, though, would have been that McCain would have been pres. So I'm not so sad she lost that one.

Michael

Have you ever heard Palin speak about drugs? Foreign policy? She is as anti-freedom in such areas as it is possible to get, and a warmonger of the first rank. I like Palin okay, but she is palatable only so long as she is focusing on a narrow range of issues. She is a typical right-wing conservative. Rand would have despised her.

Ghs

Michael

Have you ever heard Palin speak about drugs? Foreign policy? She is as anti-freedom in such areas as it is possible to get, and a warmonger of the first rank. I like Palin okay, but she is palatable only so long as she is focusing on a narrow range of issues. She is a typical right-wing conservative. Rand would have despised her.

Ghs

I recently saw Palin on Fox News as a participant in a panel discussion about oil. Another panelist, from the Cato Institute, defended the notion that oil is not somehow public property but rather is the private property of those who extract it. Palin, in stark contrast, claimed that oil belongs to "the people." She is very much a right-wing populist in such matters.

Ghs

Seeing what good there is in a person's speech, even Palin's, is OK but actions speak louder than words. Her Alaska record isn't impressively libertarian.

By the way, a hilarious defense of Palin by Pamella Geller (see her and Yaron Brook at David Horowitz's Restoration Weekend 2008: she's in the middle, Caroline Glick at your right), can be read by opening this and scrolling down to the fourth quote -- the longest one. Or search for "been reading" without the quotes. If you read the remark at the end without reading the previous remarks you need to know that Geller runs the blog "Atlas Shrugged." A clear case of hijacking.

I have already mentioned before that Sarah, as a tea-totaling church-goer, defended the rights of local bars to stay open late when the state government tried to impose a curfew.

I've mentioned it several times, so I'm tired of looking up the newspaper articles every time I bring this up as an example of what she does as opposed to what others say she would do.

Sarah is a person who takes her oath of office seriously, does not impose her religious beliefs on her policy, and supports small government.

I have no doubt if the law stated that drugs were legal and she got into power, she would enforce it until it gets changed (if that would happen). If she ever becomes President, I have very little fear she would govern by Executive Order to impose her beliefs (as opposed to, say, the current President).

Would she try to change the law to prohibit drugs if she were President and they were legal? Possibly. But I see her doing that as a citizen, going through normal citizen channels, not as a back-room dealing dictator-wannabe. From what I have seen of her so far, my impression is that she would encourage educational campaigns and recovery efforts more than pull for any campaign promoting prohibitions.

Michael

I recently saw Palin on Fox News as a participant in a panel discussion about oil. Another panelist, from the Cato Institute, defended the notion that oil is not somehow public property but rather is the private property of those who extract it. Palin, in stark contrast, claimed that oil belongs to "the people." She is very much a right-wing populist in such matters.

George,

Look into Sarah's history. The only way oil is private property in the current economy is through crony capitalism--business with government cartel protection. She totally blew up a crony-capitalism scheme in Alaska while Governor. Using the mantra that oil is private property, these fine folks were sitting on gobs of land, got paid boocoo money year after year for doing so, refused to drill and refused to let anyone else drill. All with proper government cartel protection laws in place (not in theory, but in practice).

When she hears the statement that oil on a massive scale is private property, she is not just in the land of theory like most everyone is. She has a very negative conceptual referent that she actually lived through.

I can't speak for her, but I have little doubt if she believed a total private property system would work in today's world with oil--meaning anyone could drill and sell oil whenever they pleased (i.e., without needing to develop superhuman bureaucratic skills and have gobs of advance money to throw at the government, and without needing a whole fleet of Wesley Mouches to grease the wheels), she would be for it. But not in a world where we even go to war with foreign nations to protect the interests of crony capitalists.

If someday a true laissez-faire system for oil ever looked like it could become feasible, I am pretty sure she would not take much convincing to look seriously into revising her views.

I speculate, I know. But so do others. I basically trust her (based on a lifetime of watching and being damaged by human weasels).

Michael