Lord Stanley I Presume?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched five minutes of hockey overtime last night. Here is my judgment: hockey is infinitely better than soccer for the spectator and vice versa for the players.

--Brant

in the future you must ask me for my opinions

It's true, soccer players get way less banged up, especially in the head, and can usually play longer than skaters. But hockey players are masochists who love playing for its own sake. James Reimer for example, as a kid froze both his ears playing in his backyard rink, he had to wear bandages for weeks and they still look funny. He was just having so much fun he forgot it was forty below.

Brant, (and anyone else who is a finals-only type hockey viewer), to increase your spectating pleasure I recommend to you "The bandwagon fan's Guide to the NHL playoffs" , the latest entry on Downgoesbrown.

So nervous. Rational me says, "Don't humiliate us, Bruins!" Most of me says, "Magic time!" Rest of me is wondering if it can seek the comfort of the Collective at the Hag& Sporran. They have suspended Ladies Free Happy Hours for the playoffs. Gougers!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/chicago-blackhawks-had-tremendous-amount-sex-season-report-130942430.html

Just another reason why female sports reporters need to be tested for drugs and psychological issues!

When the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Minnesota Wild in Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals on Tuesday night, you could sense the ecstasy wash over them after their overtime game winner.

Then again, according to Susannah Collins of CSN Chicago, the Hawks have had their share of ecstasy this season. A tremendous amount:

See the video in the article...

A...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/chicago-blackhawks-had-tremendous-amount-sex-season-report-130942430.html

Just another reason why female sports reporters need to be tested for drugs and psychological issues!

When the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Minnesota Wild in Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals on Tuesday night, you could sense the ecstasy wash over them after their overtime game winner.

Then again, according to Susannah Collins of CSN Chicago, the Hawks have had their share of ecstasy this season. A tremendous amount:

A...

Don't dare to click, know too much of the ecstasy and am fearing the agony....

A...

Hilarious, as was Wyshinski's commentary.

I guess this settles the question of training abstaining once and for all.

A...

Hilarious, as was Wyshinski's commentary.

I guess this settles the question of training abstaining once and for all.

Congrats on the first win ! Good luck tonight !

May Rask play tonight like every Flyers goalie ( except Bernie , Pelle , and Hextall ) ever .

Unfortunately Rask played like Rask can. The best thing about last night was the anthem singer. Now that's what I call an Irish tenor. And the big smile and salute at the end...way to go.

Still, we cannot now be shut out or swept! And at least unlike Habs/ASens, our venues are not turning into the Plains of Abraham.

The Wilders are lifting my heart. I am so pulling for them, and not just because we need somebody to bell the big Chi cat. Can it be that Atlas has finally hit me after all these years? Nice aim, Jonathan!

Leafs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!************************

Daunce/Carol

Beside myself

Thanks J. There is no upside to hearbreak of course. but I can still appreciate, intellectually, that I will not have to call the Rangers tools of a demented despot, or the Wings limping decrepit exhaust breathers. and can hope detachedly for the Sens or the Original Six whoever.

Serious study is no fun,. but who needs or deserves fun? Not a Leafs National \, it is clear.

I used to dislike the fact that the Maple Leafs were Leafs rather than Leaves, but I've come around. A friend explained that Maple Leaf can be pluralized with an s because it's a proper noun. Like if the Ducks had been named after Mickey Mouse instead, it would be stupid to call them the Mickey Mice rather than the Mickey Mouses.

J

• 2 weeks later...

The Rangers suck!

But here is a nice story about a real hockey team:

Maggie Ciara, a third-grade student at Columbus Manor Elementary in Oak Lawn, Ill., stumped her teacher with a confusing answer on a recent math exam.

As it turns out, Maggie is a big Chicago Blackhawks fan. That will become relevant in a moment.

The question on the exam was a simple one: What is 9 times 9?

Maggie’s answer? “Hossa.”

Technically, she’s right. Hossa refers to Marian Hossa, No. 81 for the Blackhawks.

Her teacher was left confused. “What is this?” the teacher wrote on the test.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/25/viral-read-3rd-grade-hockey-fans-hilarious-test-answer-stumps-teacher/

The Rangers suck!

But here is a nice story about a real hockey team:

Maggie Ciara, a third-grade student at Columbus Manor Elementary in Oak Lawn, Ill., stumped her teacher with a confusing answer on a recent math exam.

As it turns out, Maggie is a big Chicago Blackhawks fan. That will become relevant in a moment.

The question on the exam was a simple one: What is 9 times 9?

Maggie’s answer? “Hossa.”

Technically, she’s right. Hossa refers to Marian Hossa, No. 81 for the Blackhawks.

Her teacher was left confused. “What is this?” the teacher wrote on the test.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/25/viral-read-3rd-grade-hockey-fans-hilarious-test-answer-stumps-teacher/

Great story.That is the spirit Maggie. The Rangers would not suck if their so-called coach were not such a narcissistmegalomaniac jerk with such contempt for the fans, the media and his own players.

See you at the bonfire, and |I do mean bon.

Join On the Ice with Bryan Yates and John Ames Sunday 7-9 pm EST for 2 hours of Hockey talk. We cover the NHL, AHL, CHL, College Hockey, Fantasy Hockey and much more.
You can check out On the Ice on facebook at Fantasy Hockey/On the Ice show. You can find us on twitter @NHLOn_the_Ice and @NHLOntheIceAmes and at our web site http://nhlontheice.com/
On tonight's program John Ames sits in the hosts chair and will be joined by special Co Host Alan Zlotorzynski. They'll be talking the state of the Stanley Cup Playoffs as well as all the news and notes and happenings in the hockey world.
In the first hour Aaron Musick, The Avalangelist, featured Colorado Avalanche blogger on hockeybuzz.com joins the guys to talk Colorado Avalanche as they currently hold the number one overall pick in this year's NHL entry draft and also have a new head coach in Patrick Roy. They'll get his take on all the Av's happenings.
In the second hour Pan and Kardinal who are the hosts of Sens Underground join the guys to talk some Ottawa Senators hockey, recap the Sens season and talk about where the franchise is heading.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fanvsfannetwork/2013/05/26/nhl-on-the-ice?utm_source=Overheard+Newsletter&utm_campaign=fe24168847-OVERHEARD_EMAIL&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7ad30f406b-fe24168847-18712737

|'ve gotten,a bit behind since the Sens exited and the local political scandals became so divertingNow I am pulling for the \wings since I heard Detroit has urban vegetable gardens and other neat Progressive stuffin their downtown now..

How is Torts holding up as the wolves bay for his blood? Who has your rooting interest now?

Carol:

Blackhawks, or, the Kings, not sure which yet.

The Torquemada Tortorelli ain't going nowhere according to ownership.

A...

Carol:

A...

both chi and la have played such superb hockey all season long. \\\\\hope everybody will have

enough gas left to give us two more great series.

Carol:

A...

So much for that rumor...

Tortorelli just got fired!

The Holy Hockey Puck God's just scored for the fans!