Forget the Stars - Planets Everywhere

Free-Floating Planets in the Milky Way Outnumber Stars by Factors of Thousands: Life-Bearing Planets May Exist in Vast Numbers

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120510100217.htm

Ice bodies and planets between the stars are the future of space industrialization

on a literally astronomical scale. I don't believe people alive today can comprehend

the scale of untold wealth which is possible.

Dennis

Free-Floating Planets in the Milky Way Outnumber Stars by Factors of Thousands: Life-Bearing Planets May Exist in Vast Numbers

http://www.scienceda...20510100217.htm

Ice bodies and planets between the stars are the future of space industrialization

on a literally astronomical scale. I don't believe people alive today can comprehend

Dennis

The theory given in the article is that these planets are a remnant of the early big bang. Also, that these planets are the actual source of the missing dark matter. I know that you reject both the big bang and the presence of dark matter. As I recall, our sun has about 300,000 times the mass of the earth. So it would take 300,000 earth size planets to equal the mass of one sun-size star. Also, the dark matter is proposed to constitute considerably more mass than the luminous matter, in order to account for galactic rotation dymanics. So it would really take a huge number of earth size planets to make up this missing mass.

What if any is the actual evidence for the existence of these free floating planets? Since none have actually been detected directly, there being no technological means at the present time of detecting them, I assume that all of the evidence is entirely theoretical, right?

Martin

I know that you reject both the big bang and the presence of dark matter. As I recall, our sun has about 300,000 times the mass of the earth. So it would take 300,000 earth size planets to equal the mass of one sun-size star. Also, the dark matter is proposed to constitute considerably more mass than the luminous matter, in order to account for galactic rotation dymanics. So it would really take a huge number of earth size planets to make up this missing mass.

The dark matter theory is dead - but sometimes takes years for everyone to catch up to the news.

What if any is the actual evidence for the existence of these free floating planets? Since none have actually been detected directly, there being no technological means at the present time of detecting them, I assume that all of the evidence is entirely theoretical, right?

Free floating planets is a mixture of theory and observation. Free floating stars that have been ejected from galaxies have been seen - some ejected at very high speeds, some tiny failed stars little bigger than planets have been observed - essentially free floating planets, our own solar system is regularly involved with comets that have been ejected from where they were in order for us to see them as they approach the sun [smaller than planets], some moons and dwarf planets could not have started out where they are now - having been ejected from somewhere. So in the continuum of sizes we know ejection is a regular process for objects both larger and smaller than Earth size rocky planets. Modeling the region in the middle of sizes suggests the continuum of sizes also works for the continuum of ejections. There should be many planet size ejections for every visible star - not a number to explain the failed Dark Matter theory but still large numbers. In my old old universe theory matter is recycled by both conventional and non-linear QM means. The conventional methods imply a lot of old cold dark bodies are out there.

Several means of detecting free floating planets are in the works - since they are already finding planet size failed stars this year I expect them to find many free-floating Earth size planets regularly in the next few years. In the long run I would expect there to be dozens of sizable objects for every start you see plus the hundreds of trillions of lesser bodies.

Dennis

Dennis

How does a free floating planet not getting heat and light from a nearby star (Goldilocks Distance) support life?

We need a star as well as a planet.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Dennis

How does a free floating planet not getting heat and light from a nearby star (Goldilocks Distance) support life?

We need a star as well as a planet.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Hydrothermal vents.

http://www.onr.navy.mil/focus/ocean/habitats/vents2.htm

Oh, you mean how could humans survive. By first figuring out how to control hydrogen fusion. Then you have all the heat and light you want.

Oh, you mean how could humans survive. By first figuring out how to control hydrogen fusion. Then you have all the heat and light you want.

One needs free hydrogen or helium 3 to do fusion. Where is it coming from?

ruveyn

ruveyn

Do you know any place that doesn't have hydrogen in some form? H2O, CH4, etc? Is extracting free hydrogen from these compounds so difficult?

ruveyn

Do you know any place that doesn't have hydrogen in some form? H2O, CH4, etc? Is extracting free hydrogen from these compounds so difficult?

The hydrogen can be gotten by breaking down water or methane. But how do we go about finding these free floating planets? The only way we have of finding extra-solar planets is

1. Measuring the wobble of the near-by star \

2. Detecting the diminishing of light by a transit of the planet across the near-by star.

How does one find free floating planets in the dark?

Ba'al Chatzaf

The hydrogen can be gotten by breaking down water or methane. But how do we go about finding these free floating planets? The only way we have of finding extra-solar planets is

1. Measuring the wobble of the near-by star \

2. Detecting the diminishing of light by a transit of the planet across the near-by star.

How does one find free floating planets in the dark?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Everything with a temperature above absolute zero emits some kind of radiation. Even without a nearby star, a rogue body probably has some internal heat, produced I guess by radioactive materials.

Everything with a temperature above absolute zero emits some kind of radiation. Even without a nearby star, a rogue body probably has some internal heat, produced I guess by radioactive materials.

We have nowhere near the technology to see all bodies with a low level of ER radiation energy. Nowhere. If a large enough "dark planet" made its way into or near our solar system we would probably not detect it by ER radiation but by its gravitational effect on the other planets we can see. That is how Neptune was discovered. "Dark Planets" Way Out There will most likely not be seen by Earth technology.

Just another point. Controlled Fusion at this juncture is a dream. We are not even close to having sustained energy output from controlled fusion devices. We are often told, fusion is 30 years in the future. It has been 30 years in the future since 1960 and I have little doubt it will be 30 years in the future a hundred years from now.

Ba'al Chatzaf

We have nowhere near the technology to see all bodies with a low level of ER radiation energy.

1960's phased array radar technology can see them - present technology even more easily.

You just need to put that technology in space and make it as large as required for the resolution

you need. Asteriod surfaces and some planets are already mapped from Earth using phased

array radar.

Just another point. Controlled Fusion at this juncture is a dream. We are not even close to having sustained energy output from controlled fusion devices. We are often told, fusion is 30 years in the future.

Breeder fission is a reality today, hybrid fission/fusion has only been 10 years in the future any time you wanted to do it since 1990.

The hybrid system is all you really need - fusion without fission would be nice but there will continue to be a need for some fission as well. There are multiple fusion approaches barely being funded in addition to the mainstream cash gobblers. As long as the cash gobblers run the roost and you prevent other approaches it will indeed be a 100 years or more. More brains - less government and fusion will happen.

Dennis

George H. Smith posted a video of John Hospers discussing his meetings with Ayn Rand in which he mentions Rand’s total opposition to ESP 1960’s experiments that evidenced its existence and to Quantum Indeterminism. I remember EVERY positive ESP experiment has been proven to be a fraud. I am not saying In-deterministic QM experiments are also a fraud but they may be exhibiting an unknown deterministic quality of tiny matter.

I remember a suggested type of Terra-forming, that is feasible once cheap propulsion and full-proof navigation are available. It is violent but effective. After Mars is explored but before Mars is colonized we shoot thousands of ice bearing asteroids into Mars around its equator to create a water bearing atmosphere. Daytime temperatures are currently around 70 degrees Fahrenheit around the Martian equator in a hundred mile wide band around the sunny side of the planet but it goes well below zero after sundown. There are obvious advantages to a water bearing atmosphere, running or frozen water – lakes or even small seas, that could harbor human life.

Peter

George H. Smith posted a video of John Hospers discussing his meetings with Ayn Rand in which he mentions Rand’s total opposition to ESP 1960’s experiments that evidenced its existence and to Quantum Indeterminism. I remember EVERY positive ESP experiment has been proven to be a fraud. I am not saying In-deterministic QM experiments are also a fraud but they may be exhibiting an unknown deterministic quality of tiny matter.

I remember a suggested type of Terra-forming, that is feasible once cheap propulsion and full-proof navigation are available. It is violent but effective. After Mars is explored but before Mars is colonized we shoot thousands of ice bearing asteroids into Mars around its equator to create a water bearing atmosphere. Daytime temperatures are currently around 70 degrees Fahrenheit around the Martian equator in a hundred mile wide band around the sunny side of the planet but it goes well below zero after sundown. There are obvious advantages to a water bearing atmosphere, running or frozen water – lakes or even small seas, that could harbor human life.

Peter

Shoot ice bearing comets or asteroids into orbit around Mars? Half of what we shoot at Mars either misses or crashes. You assume a degree of technology we do not yet possess.

First things first. First let us get decent propulsion systems. We can even reach the outer planets without sling-shot orbits. Our propulsion systems are roughly were the Chinese were during the Tang dynasty. Burning things that shoot about. The fast thing humans have ever launched have not ever reached speeds of 60,000 mph after shut-down.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Breeder fission is a reality today, hybrid fission/fusion has only been 10 years in the future any time you wanted to do it since 1990.

You will write us when it happens, won't you ? TIA.

Ba'al Chaqtzaf

• 2 weeks later...

Dennis

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120523101843.htm

Another related article talking about the transport of life on nomadic

planets.

Dennis

Peter

To what end? There is no magnetic field around Mars so any atmosphere we make will be blasted away by solar radiation.

Mars is sh*t hole.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Peter

To what end? There is no magnetic field around Mars so any atmosphere we make will be blasted away by solar radiation.

Mars is sh*t hole.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Yep.

--Brant

• 3 months later...

I am reading a book by Steve Martini called, “Trader of Secrets.” Two NASA scientists have been working on a project to move a small asteroid into L2 (Lagragian point 2) on the other side of our moon. The asteroid has been supplied with a computerized radio receiver, other equipment, and thrusters. Its original mission is to threaten any nation’s survival if they are hostile to the United States. The two scientists go rogue and sell the computer programming to the highest bidder after erasing all of the programming on NASA’s computers.

Peter

Notes:

From Wikipedia:

The Lagrangian points ( /ləˈɡrɑːndʒiən/; also Lagrange points, L-points, or libration points) are the five positions in an orbital configuration where a small object affected only by gravity can theoretically be part of a constant-shape pattern with two larger objects (such as a satellite with respect to the Earth and Moon). The Lagrange points mark positions where the combined gravitational pull of the two large masses provides precisely the centripetal force required to orbit with them . . . .

The L2 point lies on the line defined by the two large masses, beyond the smaller of the two. Here, the gravitational forces of the two large masses balance the centrifugal effect on a body at L2.

Example: On the side of the Earth away from the Sun, the orbital period of an object would normally be greater than that of the Earth. The extra pull of the Earth's gravity decreases the orbital period of the object, and at the L2 point that orbital period becomes equal to the Earth's.

... erasing all of the programming on NASA’s computers.

In my experience in both government and large corporations - no need to

erase anything - wait a few years and they will lose or accidently destroy

it in any case.

By the 1980's NASA had already lost most of the data from the 1960's.

Dennis

• 4 months later...

A few moments ago on Fox, the owner of Deep Space Industries discussed his plans to launch an exploratory rocket or rockets in 2015 named “FireFly” to find search the asteroid belt for minerals. In 2016, bigger models called “DragonFly’s” will begin dragging minerals back, in loads of 50 pounds or more. He thinks the chunks will be brought to our moon for a hard landing though that plan may change to a soft landing with improved plans and technologies. One day he will even be bringing the payloads straight to earth.

If the minerals are deposited on the moon, the metals could be used as materials to create a larger asteroid mining industry and even an inhabited city. He does not fear a “military use” for the projectiles. He also said, as a side benefit, there are asteroids out there with Earth’s name on them and for a modest price, (What’s in your wallet, Earth? What is your life worth?) his dragonflies could easily intercept those too.

We are so close harnessing “The Final Frontier” for rational purposes, that I feel like cheering. Oh, what the hell. Let’s hear it for Isaac Newton, Issac Asimov, Carl Sagan, and Neil Armstrong, Hoorah!

Peter

From EarthSky:

January 22, 2013, a new company called Deep Space Industries, Inc. became the second company in less than a year to join what is being called the new asteroid gold rush. Scientists have known for decades that there are rich fields of water and precious metals available in near-Earth asteroids. Now, for the first time, companies are seriously queuing up to be among the first to gather those resources. Deep Space Industries said at a formal announcement on January 22 at the Santa Monica Museum of Flying in California that it will build “the world’s first fleet of commercial asteroid-prospecting spacecraft.” It has named its first class of spacecraft FireFly (a brilliant tribute to the beloved but short-lived Firefly TV series of 2002-2003?) and said these craft will utilize low-cost CubeSat components and get discounted delivery to space by ride-sharing on the launch of larger communications satellites.

Planetary Resources, Inc. made a similar announcement in April 2012, at which time that company said it intended to launch a demonstration mission to Earth orbit within two years.

Likewise, Deep Space says the first FireFly craft will be launched in 2015 on journeys of “two to six months.”

A few moments ago on Fox, the owner of Deep Space Industries discussed his plans to launch an exploratory rocket or rockets in 2015 named “FireFly” to find search the asteroid belt for minerals. In 2016, bigger models called “DragonFly’s” will begin dragging minerals back, in loads of 50 pounds or more. He thinks the chunks will be brought to our moon for a hard landing though that plan may change to a soft landing with improved plans and technologies. One day he will even be bringing the payloads straight to earth.

If the minerals are deposited on the moon, the metals could be used as materials to create a larger asteroid mining industry and even an inhabited city. He does not fear a “military use” for the projectiles. He also said, as a side benefit, there are asteroids out there with Earth’s name on them and for a modest price, (What’s in your wallet, Earth? What is your life worth?) his dragonflies could easily intercept those too.

We are so close harnessing “The Final Frontier” for rational purposes, that I feel like cheering. Oh, what the hell. Let’s hear it for Isaac Newton, Issac Asimov, Carl Sagan, and Neil Armstrong, Hoorah!

Peter

From EarthSky:

January 22, 2013, a new company called Deep Space Industries, Inc. became the second company in less than a year to join what is being called the new asteroid gold rush. Scientists have known for decades that there are rich fields of water and precious metals available in near-Earth asteroids. Now, for the first time, companies are seriously queuing up to be among the first to gather those resources. Deep Space Industries said at a formal announcement on January 22 at the Santa Monica Museum of Flying in California that it will build “the world’s first fleet of commercial asteroid-prospecting spacecraft.” It has named its first class of spacecraft FireFly (a brilliant tribute to the beloved but short-lived Firefly TV series of 2002-2003?) and said these craft will utilize low-cost CubeSat components and get discounted delivery to space by ride-sharing on the launch of larger communications satellites.

Planetary Resources, Inc. made a similar announcement in April 2012, at which time that company said it intended to launch a demonstration mission to Earth orbit within two years.

Likewise, Deep Space says the first FireFly craft will be launched in 2015 on journeys of “two to six months.”

Space is the final frontier as the saying goes. If government could be bypassed or would get out the way space industrialization would put settling the West and all other previous periods of growth to shame. The best part is - the expansion doesn't ever end.

Dennis

Dennis wrote:

Space is the final frontier as the saying goes. If government could be bypassed or would get out the way space industrialization would put settling the West and all other previous periods of growth to shame. The best part is - the expansion doesn't ever end.

end quote

Wow. The expansion never ends. What deserved optimism. It will be a wonderful social experiment, well away from the bullies and governments of earth. Unfortunately, when it starts to pay off governments will want a piece (or all) of the action, though the distances involved will make it harder. “Catch me if you can!” might be a good corporate name.

Ferengi truth and “Rule of Acquisition: number two: The best deal is the one that brings the most profit. Or, in my words, no profit, no industry. (and Rule 40 which is good for a laugh: She can touch your lobes, but never your latinum.) Another consideration is that governments rely on draining wealth from its citizens while free space industries will be creating wealth and are sustainable by definition.

Space. The Final Frontier. Bring a gun.

Peter

From Wikipedia:

1. Once you have their money, you never give it back.
2. The best deal is the one that brings the most profit.
3. Never pay/spend more for an acquisition than you have to.
5. If you can't break a contract, bend it.
6. Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.
7. Keep your ears open.
8. Small print leads to large risk.
9. Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
10. Greed is eternal.
11. Latinum isn't the only thing that shines.
12. Anything worth selling is worth selling twice.
13. Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.
14. Anything stolen is pure profit.
15. Acting stupid is often smart.
16. A deal is a deal...until a better one comes along.
17. A contract is a contract is a contract...but only between Ferengi.
18. A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
19. Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
20. When the customer is sweating, turn up the heat.
21. Never place friendship above profit.
22. A wise man can hear profit in the wind.
23. Nothing is more important than your health, except for your money.
24. Latinum can't buy happiness, but you can sure have a blast renting it.
25. You can't make a deal if you're dead.
27. There's nothing more dangerous than an honest businessman.
31. Never insult a Ferengi's mother...insult something he cares about instead.
33. It never hurts to suck up to the boss.
34. War is good for business.
35. Peace is good for business.
40. She can touch your lobes, but never your latinum.
41. Profit is its own reward.
44. Never confuse wisdom with luck.
45. Expand or die. (reportedly this rule was given to the Ferengi by the Breen)
47. Never trust a man wearing a better suit than your own.
48. The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.
52. Never ask when you can take.
57. Good customers are as rare as latinum—treasure them.
58. There is no substitute for success.
59. Free advice is seldom cheap.
60. Keep your lies consistent.
62. The riskier the road, the greater the profit.
65. Win or lose, there's always Hupyrian beetle snuff.
69. When she discusses money for "favors", charge her what she'll pay.
74. Knowledge equals profit.
75. Home is where the heart is...but the stars are made of latinum.
76. Every once in a while, declare peace....it confuses the hell out of your enemies.
77. If you break it, I'll charge you for it.

79. Beware of the Vulcan greed for knowledge.
82. The flimsier the product, the higher the price.
85. Never let the competition know what you're thinking.
89. Ask not what your profits can do for you, but what you can do for your profits.
94. Females and finances don't mix.
95. Expand...or die.[Error: this is a repeat of #45]
97. Enough...is never enough.
98. Every man has his price.
99. Trust is the biggest liability of all.
102. Nature decays, but latinum is/lasts forever.
103. Sleep can interfere with opportunity.
104. Faith moves mountains...of inventory.
106. There is no honor in poverty.
109. Dignity and an empty sack...is worth the sack.
111. Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.
112. Never have sex with the boss's sister.
113. Always have sex with the boss.
121. Everything is for sale, even friendship.
123. Even a blind man can recognize the glow of latinum.
125. You can't make a deal if you're dead.[6]
139. Wives serve, brothers inherit.
141. Only fools pay retail.
144. There's nothing wrong with charity...as long as it winds up in your pocket.
162. Even in the worst of times, someone makes a profit.
168. Whisper your way to success.
(unnumbered, but mentioned as part of the "original" 173[7]) A man is only worth the sum of his possessions.
177. Know your enemies...but do business with them always.
181. Not even dishonesty can tarnish the shine of profit.
189. Let others keep their reputation...you keep their latinum.
190. Hear all, trust nothing.
192. Never cheat a Klingon...unless you can get away with it.
194. It's always good business to know your customers before they walk in the door.
202. The justification for profit is profit.
203. New customers are like razor-toothed greeworms. They can be succulent, but sometimes they bite back.
208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer.
211. Employees are the rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on them.
214. Never begin a business negotiation on an empty stomach.
217. You can't free a fish from water.
218. Always know what you're buying.
223. Beware the man who doesn't make time for oo-mox.
229. Latinum lasts longer than lust.
236. You can't buy fate.
239. Never be afraid to mislabel a product.
242. More is good...all is better.
255. A wife is a luxury...a smart accountant a necessity.
261. A wealthy man can afford anything except a conscience.
263. Never allow doubt to tarnish your lust for latinum.
266. When in doubt, lie.
284. Deep down, everyone's a Ferengi.
285. No good deed ever goes unpunished.
286. When Morn leaves, it's all over. (made up by Quark---season 3, episode 3, this is representative of the idea that all things may be adjusted should it serve to make a profit)
299. Whenever you exploit someone, it never hurts to thank them. In that way, it is easier to exploit them next time.

Dennis wrote:

end quote

Wow. The expansion never ends. What deserved optimism. It will be a wonderful social experiment, well away from the bullies and governments of earth. Unfortunately, when it starts to pay off governments will want a piece (or all) of the action, though the distances involved will make it harder. “Catch me if you can!” might be a good corporate name.

Ferengi truth and “Rule of Acquisition: number two: The best deal is the one that brings the most profit. Or, in my words, no profit, no industry. (and Rule 40 which is good for a laugh: She can touch your lobes, but never your latinum.) Another consideration is that governments rely on draining wealth from its citizens while free space industries will be creating wealth and are sustainable by definition.

Space. The Final Frontier. Bring a gun.

Peter

From Wikipedia:

1. Once you have their money, you never give it back.

2. The best deal is the one that brings the most profit.

3. Never pay/spend more for an acquisition than you have to.

5. If you can't break a contract, bend it.

6. Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.

7. Keep your ears open.

8. Small print leads to large risk.

9. Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.

10. Greed is eternal.

11. Latinum isn't the only thing that shines.

12. Anything worth selling is worth selling twice.

13. Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.

14. Anything stolen is pure profit.

15. Acting stupid is often smart.

16. A deal is a deal...until a better one comes along.

17. A contract is a contract is a contract...but only between Ferengi.

18. A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.

19. Satisfaction is not guaranteed.

20. When the customer is sweating, turn up the heat.

21. Never place friendship above profit.

22. A wise man can hear profit in the wind.

23. Nothing is more important than your health, except for your money.

24. Latinum can't buy happiness, but you can sure have a blast renting it.

25. You can't make a deal if you're dead.

27. There's nothing more dangerous than an honest businessman.

31. Never insult a Ferengi's mother...insult something he cares about instead.

33. It never hurts to suck up to the boss.

34. War is good for business.

35. Peace is good for business.

40. She can touch your lobes, but never your latinum.

41. Profit is its own reward.

44. Never confuse wisdom with luck.

47. Never trust a man wearing a better suit than your own.

48. The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.

52. Never ask when you can take.

57. Good customers are as rare as latinum—treasure them.

58. There is no substitute for success.

59. Free advice is seldom cheap.

60. Keep your lies consistent.

62. The riskier the road, the greater the profit.

65. Win or lose, there's always Hupyrian beetle snuff.

69. When she discusses money for "favors", charge her what she'll pay.

74. Knowledge equals profit.

75. Home is where the heart is...but the stars are made of latinum.

76. Every once in a while, declare peace....it confuses the hell out of your enemies.

77. If you break it, I'll charge you for it.

79. Beware of the Vulcan greed for knowledge.

82. The flimsier the product, the higher the price.

85. Never let the competition know what you're thinking.

89. Ask not what your profits can do for you, but what you can do for your profits.

94. Females and finances don't mix.

95. Expand...or die.[Error: this is a repeat of #45]

97. Enough...is never enough.

98. Every man has his price.

99. Trust is the biggest liability of all.

102. Nature decays, but latinum is/lasts forever.

103. Sleep can interfere with opportunity.

104. Faith moves mountains...of inventory.

106. There is no honor in poverty.

109. Dignity and an empty sack...is worth the sack.

111. Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

112. Never have sex with the boss's sister.

113. Always have sex with the boss.

121. Everything is for sale, even friendship.

123. Even a blind man can recognize the glow of latinum.

125. You can't make a deal if you're dead.[6]

139. Wives serve, brothers inherit.

141. Only fools pay retail.

144. There's nothing wrong with charity...as long as it winds up in your pocket.

162. Even in the worst of times, someone makes a profit.

168. Whisper your way to success.

(unnumbered, but mentioned as part of the "original" 173[7]) A man is only worth the sum of his possessions.

177. Know your enemies...but do business with them always.

181. Not even dishonesty can tarnish the shine of profit.

189. Let others keep their reputation...you keep their latinum.

190. Hear all, trust nothing.

192. Never cheat a Klingon...unless you can get away with it.

194. It's always good business to know your customers before they walk in the door.

202. The justification for profit is profit.

203. New customers are like razor-toothed greeworms. They can be succulent, but sometimes they bite back.

208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer.

211. Employees are the rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on them.

214. Never begin a business negotiation on an empty stomach.

217. You can't free a fish from water.

218. Always know what you're buying.

223. Beware the man who doesn't make time for oo-mox.

229. Latinum lasts longer than lust.

236. You can't buy fate.

239. Never be afraid to mislabel a product.

242. More is good...all is better.

255. A wife is a luxury...a smart accountant a necessity.

261. A wealthy man can afford anything except a conscience.

263. Never allow doubt to tarnish your lust for latinum.

266. When in doubt, lie.

284. Deep down, everyone's a Ferengi.

285. No good deed ever goes unpunished.

286. When Morn leaves, it's all over. (made up by Quark---season 3, episode 3, this is representative of the idea that all things may be adjusted should it serve to make a profit)

299. Whenever you exploit someone, it never hurts to thank them. In that way, it is easier to exploit them next time.

One piece of wisdom for sure.

I never liked TNG's love of central planners and socialism.

Dennis