John Cleese (he of Monty Python) on Creativity

This is an insightful and humorous lecture on creativity. Cleese would make an excellent teacher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VShmtsLhkQg&feature=player_embedded#!

36 minutes. Well worth the time.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Excellent job by Cleese. He takes many of the standard points about creativity and expresses them in a succinct, entertaining fashion. Thanks for posting this.

At several points during Cleese's lecture, especially during his discussion of the role played by humor in creativity, I thought about why many orthodox O'ists lack creativity. For all of their insistence on the creative powers of the human mind, as a group (with exceptions, of course) they are surprisingly uncreative.

Ghs

Excellent job by Cleese. He takes many of the standard points about creativity and expresses them in a succinct, entertaining fashion. Thanks for posting this.

At several points during Cleese's lecture, especially during his discussion of the role played by humor in creativity, I thought about why many orthodox O'ists lack creativity. For all of their insistence on the creative powers of the human mind, as a group (with exceptions, of course) they are surprisingly uncreative.

Ghs

Ghs

How man Objectivists does it take to change a light bulb?

None. If the light bulb is the light bulb then by the Axiom of Identity it is still the light bulb and it cannot be changed.

Ba'al Chatzaf

• 7 years later...