Obama Going the Civil Servant Route Already?

Obama Going the Civil Servant Route Already?

We all know how competent and willing to work civil servants are. Like not very much. Here's an article on The Blaze for a recent example:

Retiring Public Employee to 500 Colleagues: I Haven’t Worked in 14 Years!

by Becket Adams

April 11, 2012

The Blaze

From the article:

A retiring German public employee thought it’d be a good idea to email his 500 coworkers and let them all know he had been paid to do nothing for the last 14 years.

“Since 1998, I was only present but not really there. So I’m going so well prepared to retire,” the former public employee wrote in his farewell letter. He also made sure to mention that during all those years he did nothing, the city of Mendon (in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia) paid him about $975,000.

Now everybody's mad because it went public, and granted, this was in Germany, but how many more civil servants are out there with this same attitude?

It's actually common and we all know it. The government environment seems to have something inherent that contaminates and infects everyone--even people who are motivated. Say what you will about Obama, you have to admit he is motivated.

That is... he used to be. Take a look at this comparison of his 2011 and 2012 budget speeches. It may be from a GOP ad, so you can expect spin. But this one is so well done the facts can't be denied.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l9SOx9jtpqA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's how it starts. Fudge a little here, then a little there, and you're on your way to being a full-time slacker. That, I submit, is how Obama ultimately sees government service and how people should do their jobs. That is his American Dream.

Michael