GOP delays caucus count from Ron Paul Maine stronghold!

GALTGULCH8

Andrew,

Don't be fooled. Bob gets pleasure from saying icky stuff. He likes the shock value.

Underneath, he has a big honking heart and is a pussycat.

:smile:

Michael

Bob means every word he says. As an aspie, it is not in his nature to make statements that he doesn't mean as humor or irony.

Bob has made very clear in hundreds of posts that he revels in war, death, and destruction of his "enemies". He has bragged on many occasions about the blood he has on his hands due to his contributions to the war effort during WW2. He is very proud of this and has made this abundantly clear.

That you repeatedly choose to give him a pass on this and to pretend that he's just a big, loveable bear with the heart of a pussycat -- well, that's your choice, but it's certainly a bizarre perspective that has repeatedly been contradicted by his multiple posts.

If a new poster were to arrive on OL and to post repeatedly that all blacks or mexicans or jews should be killed as enemies of the U.S., I don't imagine that you'd go out of your way to justify this person's attitude or to try to convince us that he really was a nice, sweet guy who just liked to shock us all with his icky posts. Yet Bob has posted here that he would be happy to see a billion muslims die. He meant it. Is it somehow okay to wish for the mass death of muslims but not for the mass death of blacks, mexicans, or jews?

Martin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob means every word he says. As an aspie, it is not in his nature to make statements that he doesn't mean as humor or irony.

Bob has made very clear in hundreds of posts that he revels in war, death, and destruction of his "enemies". He has bragged on many occasions about the blood he has on his hands due to his contributions to the war effort during WW2. He is very proud of this and has made this abundantly clear.

That you repeatedly choose to give him a pass on this and to pretend that he's just a big, loveable bear with the heart of a pussycat -- well, that's your choice, but it's certainly a bizarre perspective that has repeatedly been contradicted by his multiple posts.

If a new poster were to arrive on OL and to post repeatedly that all blacks or mexicans or jews should be killed as enemies of the U.S., I don't imagine that you'd go out of your way to justify this person's attitude or to try to convince us that he really was a nice, sweet guy who just liked to shock us all with his icky posts. Yet Bob has posted here that he would be happy to see a billion muslims die. He meant it. Is it somehow okay to wish for the mass death of muslims but not for the mass death of blacks, mexicans, or jews?

Martin

Thank you for the courtesy of taking me at my word.

As to the last statement. It is the Muslims who are my enemies and want the Jews dead and gone, not Mexicans or black folks. I have no vital issues with these latter. Well we shall see what happens. The Last One Standing is the Winner.

I am very cute and cuddly with my grandchildren, however. Nice old Zedeh (Heb. for Grandpa).

Ba'al Chatzaf

Just a slight correction. I did all of my weapons work between 1960 and 1972. Initially I helped to make nuclear bombs (at Livermore). Later I worked on guidance systems for cruise missiles (Mitre and Raytheon), specifically terrain matching and guidance. This is all pre-GPS technology. But my babies were used in the first Gulf war and were also used in the war in Kosovo. That is where I drew blood. I was just a kid when WW2 ended. Most people cheered. I wept. Why? Because I knew I would never be a bombardier on a B-17 or a B-29 and drop HE and incendiaries on the the heads of my enemies. Later on I attempted to enlist but I have bronchial asthma and was declined for service. So I became a weapon-smith for the real warriors. If I could not shed blood directly, I would do it indirectly. And I did. In a way, I did get to drop bombs.

Be very careful of what you wish for. You just might get it.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I've had a combatant's blood all over my hands and face. I've seen hundreds of dead bodies. Soldiers have died next to me. Your love of war is phony. You can't love what you don't know. --Brant

Brant,

I've probably read thousands of posts by you. This is my favorite. Chilling and extraordinarily effective.

Ghs

Complete agree George. Every soldier from any war that I have been proud to know has, to one degree or another, spoke the same way Brant does. A few of them would not even discuss what they saw and had to do.

Adam

I almost deleted it. I've posted war stories on OL several times only to delete them a few minutes later. I don't think they were read.

--Brant

I've had a combatant's blood all over my hands and face. I've seen hundreds of dead bodies. Soldiers have died next to me. Your love of war is phony. You can't love what you don't know. What you knew was a tiny sliver of what war might be about. For you the experience was positive. The family down the street with a son over seas experiencing combat first hand is not having a positive experience. It's bad form to run your celebratory parade up and down the street in front of their home honking your horn.

--Brant

Why? I love it and you don't. That is the way it is. We are different kinds of people. War is a constant thing for humans and in many cases is a necessary thing. If it were not for decent men who don't like to kill, killing Nazis I would have ended up as a cake of soap on some Nazi's bathroom sink. I owe these people.

We live on planet Earth, which right now is not a very good neighborhood for bringing up children. Rough times call for rough measures. If we don't kill our enemies they will kill us. It is as simple as that.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Martin,

I won't argue with you over this.

I have my opinion and you have yours. I merely note that often people say one thing and do another. We have to use our own judgments for when this is the case.

I've run with killers in life.

The people I knew who acted like Bob (nonchalant macho bluster to hide fear) did not kill.

In fact, if truth be told, according to my experience in life, I judge you to be the killer type. Not high-level, but cannon-fodder. Once someone got you properly lathered up, I believe you would do exactly what the latherer would tell you to do--and do it with gusto.

Michael

Daunce,

your post above reads:

<"Gulch 8 said to Baal:

"I don't find your harping on your contention that Ron Paul is not wanted by the GOP establishment helpful at all. We know the GOP elite oppose him for reasons they are not even willing to make public."

Maybe those reasons include an analysis of some of the truly frightening people who support him. I do not mean libertarians. I was looking up something on Paul and got misdirected to the Comments section of an Alex Jones site. I thought at first it was a comedy thread. The display of bloodthirsty bigotry and severe mental illness there astonished me.">

Thats quite a "maybe."

Without going into detail, your supposition is not the one or two I had in mind.

In my youth there was a time before I knew the difference between the political left and the political right. I learned the difference.

More recently a few years ago I came across the term "neoconservative." I think it refers to the mentality which starts from the fact that the USA was the strongest superpower after the fall of the USSR. The idea was to use that power to police the world, overthrow regimes where we had an interest, use military force to assure our supply of inexpensive petroleum, establish military bases, over 900 of them, in over 130 countries around the globe to assure our reach in case of some national priority.

When Ron Paul stands up and suggests that perhaps our presence, our military presence in places such as Saudi Arabia, in which can be found sites considered to be holy, such as Mecca and Medina, might enrage those who are of another religion. Not to mention their awareness that it was the American CIA which replaced their democratically elected leader in Iran in 1953, Mohammad Mossaedegh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'état) with the Shah, replacing a constitutional monarch with an authoritarian dictator who became brutal.

Ron Paul spoke truth to power when he pointed out that it was the foreign policy of the US which caused the "blowback" leading to the attack on the World Trade Center towers and the deaths of almost 3000 innocent people.

Those who cannot face the fact that their own policies were fundamentally responsible for this instead abhor the messenger who made us aware of the failure of this countries policies.

In addition the Federal Reserve System has enriched the bankers involved in this unconstitutional scam which has caused the loss of over 95% of the purchasing power of the 1913 dollar. Ron Paul has drawn our attention to this egregious activity made lawful by an act of Congress in 1913. He has sought to enlighten us over his twelve terms as a Congressman and sought to at least have a complete audit of the Fed so we might learn what it has been doing with the trillions of dollars it has created and distributed to who knows whom.

Those who have been profiting from this no doubt are dreading the day Ron Paul succeeds in exposing their activities. One wonders what actions the unknown powers behind this have taken to assure that Ron Paul got virtually no press articles during his campaign in 2008 and limited exposure during televised debates by the Main Stream Media this time around as well.

Those are the reasons I had in mind although I imagine that it is not just the GOP elite but the Democrat Party elite as well who have a hand in all of this.

Ron Paul also drew our attention to the role of the politicians whose desire that everyone experience the American Dream of home ownership led them to pass the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 which began the chain of events leading to the financial crisis of recent years. None other than Bill Clinton played a pivotal role in threatening the bankers to abide by the dictates of the CRA which initially had no teeth as it merely offered the banks a grade depending on the volume of loans made to those who couldn't repay. The teeth took the form of threats to be sued for discrimination in lending for failure to make such loans. Clinton ordered the heads of ten departments to make those threats to the bankers.

Is it any wonder that Ron Paul supporters who learn about the things he has witnessed in his years in Washington become impassioned in their advocacy of his campaign to become president?

Martin,

I have my opinion and you have yours. I merely note that often people say one thing and do another. We have to use our own judgments for when this is the case.

The people I knew who acted like Bob (nonchalant macho bluster to hide fear) did not kill.

In fact, if truth be told, according to my experience in life, I judge you to be the killer type. Not high-level, but cannon-fodder. Once someone got you properly lathered up, I believe you would do exactly what the latherer would tell you to do--and do it with gusto.

Michael

Is this your idea of a joke? I really can't tell from the manner in which you have written this post.

You judge me to be the killer type? I have never hurt anyone in my entire life, let alone killed anyone. Nor would I ever do so, except in self-defense. Cannon-fodder? I am cannon-fodder for noone. I would rather go to jail than fight in the U.S. military. If you think I can be "lathered up" and made to obey orders, I suggest that you try to do this to me and see what happens.

Martin

What the? Martin was the guy who took me to task for saying that I’d dump raw sewage on some real ideological miscreants if I got the chance. It felt like a Phil-esque comeback, quadruple it in size and add some psychologizing and it would be the genuine article; I took it with good humor but got the feeling he wasn’t kidding.

http://www.objectivi...ndpost&p=101888

Dennis,

Martin wears hatred on his vest, constantly points to it, brags about it, and freely attacks others in the name of it.

I have seen him distort facts several times to justify his hatred. A few of those times i have presented the correct facts just to lower the hate-heat.

People like that generally are the opposite of what they claim to be. This is something I had to learn the hard way over and over and over in life until I finally got it.

After I got it, I knew what to do about it and these kinds of people no longer damaged my stuff in life.

That's my evaluation. You are free, of course, to hold a different one.

Michael

Martin wears hatred on his vest, constantly points to it, brags about it, and freely attacks other in the name of it.

Sure you don't have him mixed up with someone else? I simply haven't noticed it.

My impression is that he's an "isolationist" and even comes across as a pacifist.

Martin,

Michael

I agree with this except for the last paragraph. Where does this come from? Other posts Martin has made?

--Brant

Just a slight correction. I did all of my weapons work between 1960 and 1972. Initially I helped to make nuclear bombs (at Livermore). Later I worked on guidance systems for cruise missiles (Mitre and Raytheon), specifically terrain matching and guidance. This is all pre-GPS technology. But my babies were used in the first Gulf war and were also used in the war in Kosovo. That is where I drew blood. I was just a kid when WW2 ended. Most people cheered. I wept. Why? Because I knew I would never be a bombardier on a B-17 or a B-29 and drop HE and incendiaries on the the heads of my enemies. Later on I attempted to enlist but I have bronchial asthma and was declined for service. So I became a weapon-smith for the real warriors. If I could not shed blood directly, I would do it indirectly. And I did. In a way, I did get to drop bombs.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I apologize for the error. I don't know where I got WW2. I should have known that you would be too young to have developed weapons at that time.

Unlike Michael, I take you at your word. You say repeatedly that you love war and think that it is one of mankind's highest achievements, I believe you.

Regarding the U.S. bombing of Kosovo, the net effect of this was to enable the muslim KLA to ethnically cleanse large sections of Kosovo. The KLA are among the most radical muslims. Among other things, they are believed to have ties to Al Qaeda. So some of the weapons you helped to design have aided the very people you consider to be your worst enemies.

Martin

Brant,

The following does not come from hatred (at least the expression does not), and it is very accurate.

Regarding the U.S. bombing of Kosovo, the net effect of this was to enable the muslim KLA to ethnically cleanse large sections of Kosovo. The KLA are among the most radical muslims. Among other things, they are believed to have ties to Al Qaeda. So some of the weapons you helped to design have aided the very people you consider to be your worst enemies.

If Martin's typical posts when he gets wound up were like that, instead of lashing out, I would have a different evaluation.

I have learned that people who scapegoat with hatred are very dangerous under stress.

Michael

Brant,

The following does not come from hatred (at least the expression does not), and it is very accurate.

Michael

Yes, it is accurate and sad beyond words.

No one could exult in killing except a sadist, and I cannot believe Baal to be that.

Is this your idea of a joke?

Nope.

You judge me to be the killer type?

Yep.

Instable, but deadly when primed and pumped.

Michael

You're a real genius Michael! You've got me all figured out. Of course, you've never actually met me, but never mind that. You can infer from my posts here that I'm secretly a killer. Of course, I've never actually killed anyone. In fact, I've never actually physically harmed anyone in any way whatever. Nor have I ever threatened to harm anyone in any way. If you don't believe me, you can even ask my wife, daughter, and friends. They'll tell you just what a violent person I am. But you needn't do any of that. Because of your brilliant psychological acumen, you've figured me out so much that you're obviously fully qualified to render psychological opinions about me on a forum read by hundreds of people.

I had the chance to possibly go to Vietnam during the tail end of the war. The college deferment had just been abolished the year I turned eighteen, replaced by a lottery system. I had a low number, making me eligible to be drafted. Strange that I did what I had to do to avoid being "lathered up" so that I could be both a killer and cannon fodder. After all, that's just the kind of person I am.

And it's surely obvious that, deep down, I really am a killer. After all, why else would I make so many posts condemning the murder of innocent people abroad in all of these stupid, senseless wars? That's a sure fire sign of just how evil I am. Whereas those who support these wars or refuse to morally condemn the murder of innocents abroad are obviously really peace loving, life loving pussycats on the inside.

I would ask for an apology for your vicious psychologizing of me, but I don't expect I'll get it. After all, one of the prerogatives of owning a forum like this is being able to launch scurrilous charges against a poster you have never met.

Martin

Brant,

If Martin's typical posts when he gets wound up were like that, instead of lashing out, I would have a different evaluation.

I have learned that people who scapegoat with hatred are very dangerous under stress.

Michael

Well, going back to one earlier thread it's obvious Martin hates wars waged by the United States as an expression of de facto busybody imperialism. I find that hard to argue with. As for the psychology thingy, I have little ability to go there.

--Brant

Ba'al Chatzaf

I apologize for the error. I don't know where I got WW2. I should have known that you would be too young to have developed weapons at that time.

Unlike Michael, I take you at your word. You say repeatedly that you love war and think that it is one of mankind's highest achievements, I believe you.

Martin

It was a silly war that the U.S. should not have fought. We had no dawg in that hunt and no horse in that race. I had in mind more reasonable wars to fight, such as the destruction of the major fascist powers on Earth. WW2 was not only the last war the U.S. actually won, it was a GOOD war. It had to be fought.

The activity of war brings out the best (at times). It amplifies the courage and focus of the warrior. It resonates with what we are: aggressive restless primates. Killer Apes if you will. Killing and brains is what we are about. Warriors and abstract thinkers are the best that the human race has produced. Wars have stimulated some of our best technological progress. Even when we are engaged in a non-destructive undertaking the best efforts are solicited by making the undertaking the moral equivalent or war. E.G. The Battle Against Cancer, The War on Disease etc. etc. Militaristic tropes stir the blood and get the heart beating fast and focus the mind on the goal. The greatest situation of all is a warrior battling for a righteous cause. You can't get anything better than that. Courage, focus, determination aimed at a just and righteous end. What is not to love about that? And it is high drama too. Many of the men who came back alive from WW2 regarded their military adventure as the high point of their lives. After that, things were quiet and sometimes a but dull.

The next big war I think will be the Dar al Harb against the Dar as Sala'am. And I am rooting for the West. Think of it as the War Between the Sons of Light and the Sons of Darkness. We, of course, are the Sons of LIght. It will be the biggest and best war ever fought since our species arose. The demon Allah and his minions will be put down. Reason will prevail, though at the cost of blood.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

Martin

It was a silly war that the U.S. should not have fought. We had no dawg in that hunt and no horse in that race. I had in mind more reasonable wars to fight, such as the destruction of the major fascist powers on Earth. WW2 was not only the last war the U.S. actually won, it was a GOOD war. It had to be fought.

The activity of war brings out the best (at times). It amplifies the courage and focus of the warrior. It resonates with what we are: aggressive restless primates. Killer Apes if you will. Killing and brains is what we are about. Warriors and abstract thinkers are the best that the human race has produced. Wars have stimulated some of our best technological progress. Even when we are engaged in a non-destructive undertaking the best efforts are solicited by making the undertaking the moral equivalent or war. E.G. The Battle Against Cancer, The War on Disease etc. etc. Militaristic tropes stir the blood and get the heart beating fast and focus the mind on the goal. The greatest situation of all is a warrior battling for a righteous cause. You can't get anything better than that. Courage, focus, determination aimed at a just and righteous end. What is not to love about that? And it is high drama too. Many of the men who came back alive from WW2 regarded their military adventure as the high point of their lives. After that, things were quiet and sometimes a but dull.

The next big war I think will be the Dar al Harb against the Dar as Sala'am. And I am rooting for the West. Think of it as the War Between the Sons of Light and the Sons of Darkness. We, of course, are the Sons of LIght. It will be the biggest and best war ever fought since our species arose. The demon Allah and his minions will be put down. Reason will prevail, though at the cost of blood.

Ba'al Chatzaf

You can have the popcorn concession.

--Brant

You can have the popcorn concession.

--Brant

Hell no. I want to arm the nukes.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Well, going back to one earlier thread it's obvious Martin hates wars waged by the United States as an expression of de facto busybody imperialism.

Brant,

Push his buttons, get him real wound up in a white-hot hate-funk, aim him at a neocon like Rumsfeld with a realistic shot of getting away with it and see what happens.

With that kind of capacity, all you have to do alter perception a little with some dirty tricks, fancy up "ends justify the means" with lofty and inflammatory rhetoric, aim at whoever you wish and ler 'er rip.

This kind of person will do the rest all by himself.

I believe you know exactly what I'm talking about.

It is true that I'm only basing this on posting behavior and the people I have observed in life who remind me of it. But I do have several years of observing it.

Michael

My bid is to have these concessions next to Brant's popcorn concession!

I being of Northern Italian heritage will run the women and vino operations for both forces.

Fighting and dying makes you thing of sex because you may never have it again. And of course what is sex without red wine!

My bid is to have these concessions next to Brant's popcorn concession!

I being of Northern Italian heritage will run the women and vino operations for both forces.

Fighting and dying makes you thing of sex because you may never have it again. And of course what is sex without red wine!

This reminds me of a great SCTV episode, a military epic, "The Loooong...HARD...War!"

I will run the nondemoninational Chapel and write letters for the homesick boys to their mothers.