GOP delays caucus count from Ron Paul Maine stronghold!

GALTGULCH8

<<<"BIG WIN FOR RON PAUL IN MAINE

With 95% reporting, Ron Paul has over 36% of the vote in Maine right behind first place finisher Mitt Romney, who has barely 39%.

But when all the votes are counted will Romney still be in first place? Only 194 votes stand between Paul and a first place victory. Washington County is a stronghold for Paul and has yet to report. It might be a week before we know the final outcome there and Washington County is expected to yield 200 votes or more.

Still, Maine is a state in Romney’s backyard that he should’ve been able to walk away with easily. That Mitt almost lost to Ron tonight–and that Mitt still may lose to Ron in the days to come–does not bode well for the establishment candidate. Romney shouldn’t have had to campaign in Maine and yet circumstances forced him to make a last ditch effort.

Santorum, riding high on Tuesday, was 20 points behind Paul tonight. Newt Gingrich, who won South Carolina with 41% last month, got only 6% tonight.

This was not a good night for Mitt Romney. It was a fantastic night for Ron Paul.">>>

The GOP will stop at nothing to keep Ron Paul from getting the win he deserves in Maine. Just wait!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<<<"BIG WIN FOR RON PAUL IN MAINE

With 95% reporting, Ron Paul has over 36% of the vote in Maine right behind first place finisher Mitt Romney, who has barely 39%.

But when all the votes are counted will Romney still be in first place? Only 194 votes stand between Paul and a first place victory. Washington County is a stronghold for Paul and has yet to report. It might be a week before we know the final outcome there and Washington County is expected to yield 200 votes or more.

Still, Maine is a state in Romney’s backyard that he should’ve been able to walk away with easily. That Mitt almost lost to Ron tonight–and that Mitt still may lose to Ron in the days to come–does not bode well for the establishment candidate. Romney shouldn’t have had to campaign in Maine and yet circumstances forced him to make a last ditch effort.

Santorum, riding high on Tuesday, was 20 points behind Paul tonight. Newt Gingrich, who won South Carolina with 41% last month, got only 6% tonight.

This was not a good night for Mitt Romney. It was a fantastic night for Ron Paul.">>>

The GOP will stop at nothing to keep Ron Paul from getting the win he deserves in Maine. Just wait!

Ron Paul will NOT be the Republican nominee.

Ba'al Chatzaf

OK - Henry Higgens! If you check out this thread, I predicted Dr. Paul would win in Maine.

It is no longer as Maine goes so goes the nation, but the...

Dr. Paul [should win because he has spent a lot of time there] 39%

Romney 34%

Santorum 20%

Gingrich 7%

Ba'al Chatzaf,

Whatever motivates you to chime in with your incessant negativity is appreciated. I wonder just what is your reason?

Is it that you don't want him to be the nominee and possibly the next president? If not, why not?

He has ignited a pro individual freedom movement in America and around the world. Years from now if the movement is successful some of the credit will certainly go to him as well as to Ayn Rand whose contributions are well known to those who frequent this site.

I have heard him speak positively about Israel and I know that his policy regarding Israel is intended to enable it to survive and prosper.

In any case the movement is alive and well. I just received a phone call this evening from another Ron Paul supporter who is alerting Ron Paul supporters to participate in the caucus and delegate selection process.

There are problems facing our country which I believe only Ron Paul would confront appropriately whereas the others seeking the presidency will not address at all as they have shown they are ignorant of certain issues.

I don't find your harping on your contention that Ron Paul is not wanted by the GOP establishment helpful at all. We know the GOP elite oppose him for reasons they are not even willing to make public.

Whilst I do think Ron Paul probably won't be the nominee, it seems obvious that the "mainstream" are doing their best to contain Ron Paul because his ideas, whilst not perfectly consistently libertarian, are a danger to the corporatists, the warmongers, and also the Jesus Fascists.

Libertarian ideas, if established as a legitimate alternative in public discourse, will destablize the binary political tribalism which the mainstream party establishments hold so dear and rely so much upon. This is why candidates such as Paul are extremely useful even if they lose.

Brant,

I get it. I realize the odds are long. Very long. Most people are influenced by the MSM. They are led to believe Ron Paul is not electable on the one hand which discourages those who do want to see Obama replaced. On the other hand they are told that Ron Paul's foreign policy is flawed to the point that it is dangerous to the security of the U.S. and Israel.

I disagree with those contentions, as do all Ron Paul supporters.

We also realize that the 15 trillion dollar national debt continues to grow at a rate over one trillion dollars a year. One has to wonder about the motivation of a president who continues to project deficits exceeding one trillion dollars for years to come.

Once the interest rates rise the service on that national debt would approach one trillion dollars a year! No wonder Bernanke is holding rates down to 0.25% through 2014.

These issues are not even discussed in the debates at all.

There is a money bomb on Feb 14th with a goal of $5M for Ron Paul. It will give an indication of just how dedicated Ron Paul supporters are given that they have been giving all they could afford in previous contributions to him.

Too much is at stake to give up now.

<<<"

OBAMA’S $1 TRILLION DEFICIT – PAUL’S $1 TRILLION CUT

Reports USA Today:

President Obama’s proposed 2013 budget will forecast a $901 billion deficit for next year, falling far short of his goal to halve the deficit in four years.

The budget, an outline of which was released by the White House Friday night, will show a higher deficit this year than in 2011, up from $1.3 trillion to $1.33 trillion.

When President Obama talks about spending “cuts” it’s always some plan that will supposedly unfold over a decade and that the next president or Congress can change at whim. In other words, cuts never happen. But budget deficits, as evidenced above, happen every year. And they will continue to happen every year.

President Paul would offer $1 trillion cuts in the first year. Mitt Romney doesn’t offer this or anything close to it. Neither do the other Republican presidential candidates. In fact, some candidates openly mock Paul for daring to cut so much.

There was a lot of talk at CPAC this weekend about getting away from the reckless fiscal policies of Obama and this is something we unquestionably must do.

But there’s only one Republican running for president who will actually do it.">>>

That is from: www.ronpaul2012.com

Ba'al Chatzaf,

Whatever motivates you to chime in with your incessant negativity is appreciated. I wonder just what is your reason?

Is it that you don't want him to be the nominee and possibly the next president? If not, why not?

Fair question. I think he would be a disaster for the United States if we had to fight a real war. I want a President with a killer instinct and a taste for blood in the Commander in Chief position. I prefer Andrew Jackson (who was a murderer, a butcher of aboriginal children and a thug) to the likes of Ron Paul. We are heading towards war and I want a Killer in charge.

Does that answer your question?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al,

You know that Ron Paul is considered to be the Thomas Jefferson of our age. Would you have been willing to vote for TJ for president? Although he wrote the Declaration of Independence he did not fight in the Revolution himself. I understand that Tj favored amending the Articles of Confederation rather than the creation of the federal, central government over the states.

Would you have voted for George Washington who was certainly a warrior who did lead his men into battle? But when Alexander Hamilton told GW that he thought we needed a central bank, GW did say that he did not believe that power was among those granted to the Congress. In that he was correct but he was caught flatfooted when AH responded that creation of a central bank was an implied power.

Ron Paul would have seen that argument for the sophistry that it was. He is the kind of warrior needed today for the battles ahead to return the country to a limited constitutional republic. None of the others have the necessary knowledge of history, economics, politics and philosophy to wage the battle effectively. Surely all of them including Paul lack the perspective Objectivism gives to us. But Paul is dedicated to a limited government and the Constitution which sets him in a different league than the others who are all wedded to some degree of statism.

I share you admiration for ANdrew Jackson who did not only fight but also knew the evil potential of the bankers and fought successfully for the abolition of the second national bank and restoration of the gold standard.

Only Ron Paul would do that now.

I have no doubt that Ron Paul would strengthen our military which is spread all over the world at enormous wasted cost. In no uncertain terms he would make the ahmadinijads of the world aware that any attack on soft targets would be taken as an act of war and would unleash hell in return in a declared war for a change.

I suggest you listen to Ron Paul on you tube videos.

You have him all wrong. He is the answer and the antidote. The others will bleed this country dry or fail to address the potentially fatal threats to our survival.

galt

Aristocrates,

This is rather disheartening. I just read a post on the www.dailypaul.com site entitled I called Maine GOP in which the Maine GOP chairman, Charlie Webster was called. CW is reported to have said that the Washington county votes would not be counted!

He claimed that the caucus was cancelled and would not be reconvened because of an alleged 10 inch snowstorm since all the caucuses were to be held up to the 11th.

Evidently this is going on in a number of counties in Maine, all strong Ron Paul counties where caucus votes are not counted and submitted e.g. "19 towns in Hancock Co., 20 towns in Waldo Co., 26 towns in Penobscot Co."

The Republican Party is not the government but is a private organization which might have rules of their own which they are free to follow or not if their leadership has reasons to do so.

I recall reports from some Ron Paul supporters who attended the Indianapolis meeting at which McCain was selected. They had been elected at meetings to be delegates to the national convention. Unfortunately they were intimidated by the GOP goon squads and threatened with expulsion if they rose from their chairs. As a result only a handful of them had the courage to cast a vote for Ron Paul.

galt

Unfortunately they were intimidated by the GOP goon squads and threatened with expulsion if they rose from their chairs. As a result only a handful of them had the courage to cast a vote for Ron Paul.

Cowardice is not a political principle that makes change Gulch.

I agree.

here is a link to an article in the Bangor Daily News regarding more mayhem by those who did not count votes for Ron Paul:

http://tinyurl.com/879a94d

Evidently the Republican Party is nurturing the youth to join against Obama. I got a recruitment call moments ago asking for a donation to the College Republican National Committee www.CRNC.org.

They claim to be organizing on over 1800 campuses with 250,000 on facebook.

I agree.

here is a link to an article in the Bangor Daily News regarding more mayhem by those who did not count votes for Ron Paul:

Evidently the Republican Party is nurturing the youth to join against Obama. I got a recruitment call moments ago asking for a donation to the College Republican National Committee www.CRNC.org.

Some enterprising Paulian should be in Federal Court in Bangor with an Order to Show Cause and a temporary injunction - hell the publicity alone would be worth a couple of million!

This ain't beanbag, it is politics - war with very few guns.

I agree.

Some enterprising Paulian should be in Federal Court in Bangor with an Order to Show Cause and a temporary injunction - hell the publicity alone would be worth a couple of million!

I agree.

Hoo boy, this is the Maine I know all right..

Hope cousin David is OK in his Neutral Zone bunker.

Next best thing is the interview with Howie Carr and the GPO committee chairman, Charlie Webster:

<<<"Ron Paul - Charlie Webster Interview on Howie Carr - 2-13-2012

Submitted by RG4RP on Mon, 02/13/2012 - 21:47

Apparently there will be a caucus in Washington County next Saturday but whether the results will be added to the totals of the recent caucus which ended on the 11th will be decided by some committee and that will not be until days after the super Tuesday primaries/caucuses on 6 March.

Fair question. I think he would be a disaster for the United States if we had to fight a real war. I want a President with a killer instinct and a taste for blood in the Commander in Chief position.

The problem lies in making sure your "President with a killer instinct" is restricted to "real wars" rather than the complete wastes of time, money and lives that we currently have in the middle east (again, I agreed with going after Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, but I am absolutely against the extended occupation in Afghanistan as well as the entire Iraq debacle (this, from what I know, is precisely Ron Paul's position)).

Presidents with "a killer instinct and a taste for blood" have an unfortunate tendency to not restrict their bloodlust to defensive wars.

We are heading towards war and I want a Killer in charge.

Really? We are heading towards war?

As horrifying as 9/11 was, by the standards of actual war (say, the fire-bombing of Dresden, the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the rape of Nanjing, the Holocaust), it wasn't a particularly lethal or even destructive attack. Sure, it was extraordinarily disruptive and very spectacular (I do not mean this in the positive sense, but let's be honest, it was a true spectacle), and it killed a lot of people. But Al Qaeda, or even the entire population of jihadis, are simply incapable of winning a war against the United States.

Is Iran a danger? I doubt it. Ahmedinijad (or however its spelt) is clearly a total madman going by his comments he's made about the "failure of the western project" but to be completely honest I think North Korea is more dangerous than Iran.

Oh, and I should add, when I talk about "danger," I mean a danger to the United States. Israel is not the 51st State.

That said, why do you foam at the mouth with such bloodlust? Why do you romanticize war so much? You seem to take a disturbing amount of pleasure in the contemplation of bloodthirsty macho-warrior hordes sweeping down upon your enemies. I mean, look, I could spend hours psychologizing this in variously politically incorrect ways, but I don't see why you seem to find such (frankly) fascistic* imagery so stimulating.

* I am not accusing you of being a fascist. Fascism is an ideology which requires the following: 1) A philosophical basis of romantic nationalist collectivism (and the resultant orientation to seeing the nation as the embodiment of the 'national spirit'), 2) corporatist economics, 3) authoritarian social policy. I am stating you seem to have some affinities with the kinds of imagery that stimulate point 1, but I know you reject points 2 and 3.

* I am not accusing you of being a fascist. Fascism is an ideology which requires the following: 1) A philosophical basis of romantic nationalist collectivism (and the resultant orientation to seeing the nation as the embodiment of the 'national spirit'), 2) corporatist economics, 3) authoritarian social policy. I am stating you seem to have some affinities with the kinds of imagery that stimulate point 1, but I know you reject points 2 and 3.

I love War especially when it is fought to utterly destroy the Enemy. War is one of the greatest talents possessed by the human race. I have helped to design and develop several weapons systems and I have blood on my hands (which I wear proudly). In a previous life, I was probably a Spartan.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I love War especially when it is fought to utterly destroy the Enemy. War is one of the greatest talents possessed by the human race. I have helped to design and develop several weapons systems and I have blood on my hands (which I wear proudly). In a previous life, I was probably a Spartan.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I've had a combatant's blood all over my hands and face. I've seen hundreds of dead bodies. Soldiers have died next to me. Your love of war is phony. You can't love what you don't know. What you knew was a tiny sliver of what war might be about. For you the experience was positive. The family down the street with a son over seas experiencing combat first hand is not having a positive experience. It's bad form to run your celebratory parade up and down the street in front of their home honking your horn.

--Brant

I've had a combatant's blood all over my hands and face. I've seen hundreds of dead bodies. Soldiers have died next to me. Your love of war is phony. You can't love what you don't know. --Brant

Brant,

I've probably read thousands of posts by you. This is my favorite. Chilling and extraordinarily effective.

Ghs

Gulch 8 said to Baal:

"I don't find your harping on your contention that Ron Paul is not wanted by the GOP establishment helpful at all. We know the GOP elite oppose him for reasons they are not even willing to make public."

Maybe those reasons include an analysis of some of the truly frightening people who support him. I do not mean libertarians. I was looking up something on Paul and got misdirected to the Comments section of an Alex Jones site. I thought at first it was a comedy thread. The display of bloodthirsty bigotry and severe mental illness there astonished me.

I've had a combatant's blood all over my hands and face. I've seen hundreds of dead bodies. Soldiers have died next to me. Your love of war is phony. You can't love what you don't know. --Brant

Brant,

I've probably read thousands of posts by you. This is my favorite. Chilling and extraordinarily effective.

Ghs

Complete agree George. Every soldier from any war that I have been proud to know has, to one degree or another, spoke the same way Brant does. A few of them would not even discuss what they saw and had to do.

Adam