Opera in the Fifth Dimension - Physicist Lisa Randall brings Extradimensional Music to the Screen!

Selene

And she is from Queens County in NEW YORK CITY!

http://youtu.be/EgBStOxsIcE This is Lisa Randall the physicist explaining the opera project

http://seedmagazine.com/slideshow/hypermusic_prologue/ <<<<<I suggest starting with this link

the above clip has the audio and explanation with the sets - eerie sounds in the 5th dimension segment...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Randall together with Raman Sundrum they published their theory in 1999.

Randall has written the libretto for an opera, Hypermusic: A Projective Opera in Seven Planes, in collaboration with the composer Hector Parra and IRCAM.

Adam,

No offense, but do you actually like this stuff? I listened to the "Hypermusic Prologue," and I would call it crappy, intellectually pretentious music. The clip at slide #10 in particular sounds like something from a cheesy SF flick from the 1950s.

Ghs

Adam,

No offense, but do you actually like this stuff? I listened to the "Hypermusic Prologue," and I would call it crappy, intellectually pretentious music. The clip at slide #10 in particular sounds like something from a cheesy SF flick from the 1950s.

Ghs

George:

Not at all. I think it sucks. How it gets funding and passes for "art " astounds me. However, I did want to explore the laws of physics in any dimension with the Queens scientist gal! And I am not usually attracted to thin blonds, but I see a lot of kink in her.

Adam

Adam,

Ghs

George:

Not at all. I think it sucks. How it gets funding and passes for "art " astounds me. However, I did want to explore the laws of physics in any dimension with the Queens scientist gal! And I am not usually attracted to thin blonds, but I see a lot of kink in her.

Adam

What a relief! I wasn't sure whether or not you were recommending the music.

One good thing came out of this, at least. I spent some time searching YouTube for clips from old SF films with similar music. Along the way I happened across this memorable striptease by Jane Fonda during her sex-kitten pre-feminist days. An Oscar-worthy performance, by any standard. :cool:

Ghs

She still looks good.

I am not in favor of gags as toys, but rather then hear her opinions, I would make an exception scening with her!