Philosophy in Action webcast

caroljane

The kinder, gentler rebranding of this popular podcast has already paid off in a big way, as the quality of questions and answers, already high, is consistently excellent. A few examples from the current question queue:

Is it immoral to tie somebody else's tie for them, although they are physically and intellectually capable of learning to tie it themselves? Not a bow tie just a regular necktie.

How can the irrationality of a Minimum Driving Age be explained to people who have not read Galt's speech?

Are Obama's cufflinks a significant symbol of his marxism?

How do you persuade someone that a metal bracelet has more intrinsic value than an orchid?

Can somebody help me with my psych paper?

If you really like a girl but you pretend to your friends that she is just OK, are you being dishonest?

Should Objectivists sanction proms by going to them? Please answer by next Friday, TIA!

In the interest of getting a fresh start I'll help you get this off the ground:

Q1: "Is it immoral to tie somebody else's tie for them, although they are physically and intellectually capable of learning to tie it themselves? Not a bow tie just a regular necktie."

A1: Only a second hander would allow someone else to tie their necktie.

Q2: "How can the irrationality of a Minimum Driving Age be explained to people who have not read Galt's speech?"

A2: If you can't figure this out yourself it doesn't need to be explained.

Q3: "Are Obama's cufflinks a significant symbol of his marxism?"

A3: There appears to be an entire industry devoted to Obama cufflinks, pure capitalism in action!

Q4: "How do you persuade someone that a metal bracelet has more intrinsic value than an orchid?"

A4: Nothing has intrinsic value.

Q5: "Can somebody help me with my psych paper?"

A5: NB has a website, look it up yourself.

Q6: "If you really like a girl but you pretend to your friends that she is just OK, are you being dishonest?"

A6: You really are kind of dumb.

Q7: "Should Objectivists sanction proms by going to them? Please answer by next Friday, TIA!"

A7: What's a prom?

Sincerely,

Mikee

Scarred by unbowed

Also:

Q. Is ketchup immoral?

Only on hot dog...but, not when it is used as a vegetable!

Also:

Q. Is ketchup immoral?

Only on hot dog...but, not when it is used as a vegetable!

Source, please?

I do not recall this being covered in Galt's speech, or any of LP's informative podcasts, and therefore refuse to accept your analysis.