What objectivism truly is.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, you're full of crap - in case you didn't understand what I'm saying.

I was wondering when this was going to start.

Bob doesn't have the ability to persuade by reason, nor to explain very much without fudging all over the place. Look at how dismally he has done on this thread.

So he goes back to kindergarten when he knows he's lost an argument.

Michael

In other words, you're full of crap - in case you didn't understand what I'm saying.

I was wondering when this was going to start.

Bob doesn't have the ability to persuade by reason, nor to explain very much without fudging all over the place. Look at how dismally he has done on this thread.

So he goes back to kindergarten when he knows he's lost an argument.

Michael

The problem is that the argument is a carry-over from the other thread.

"Bob doesn't have the ability to persuade by reason,"

So I assume you mean:

"I refuse to address the problem because I actually know the underlying argument is a textbook, logic 101 fallacy, as Bob has clearly shown, so I'll resort to name-calling instead."

Then... you're right!

Bob

Bob,

You are pretty good at setting up strawmen and trying to knock them down. (Actually you are not as good at knocking them down as you are at setting them up, but I won't belabor that point.)

Just like the strawman you set up in this last post. You even put an imagined quote in the mouth of your strawman.

That process doesn't persuade anyone by reason. (It can, but a person has to be a lot better at it than you are.) That's what I mean when I say you don't have the ability to persuade by reason.

I wonder if it feels good, though.

I wonder because you do it so often.

At least I think I know why you always end up at the name-calling place. It must be frustrating to be unable to knock down a strawman you, yourself set up, and people start calling it a strawman.

That doesn't justify the name-calling, but at least I understand where it is coming from.

Michael

Tony,

I reminded of the saying "You can lead a horse to water..." etc. My description of Bob ("Willful ignorance") was too kind.

He's all yours Carol.

Mikee, I think I love you.

Use the word "horticulture"in a sentence.

I dare you.

Yours forever,

Cqrol

Bob,

You are pretty good at setting up strawmen and trying to knock them down. (Actually you are not as good at knocking them down as you are at setting them up, but I won't belabor that point.)

Just like the strawman you set up in this last post. You even put an imagined quote in the mouth of your strawman.

That process doesn't persuade anyone by reason. (It can, but a person has to be a lot better at it than you are.) That's what I mean when I say you don't have the ability to persuade by reason.

I wonder if it feels good, though.

I wonder because you do it so often.

At least I think I know why you always end up at the name-calling place. It must be frustrating to be unable to knock down a strawman you, yourself set up, and people start calling it a strawman.

That doesn't justify the name-calling, but at least I understand where it is coming from.

Michael

I guess you're just to lazy to read the posts regarding why the argument is fallacious. I understand.

I'm too lazy to repeat it here.

Have fun playing in your straw trying to get the horse to drink it, or whatever nonsensical point you're trying to make.

God forbid you'd ever even attempt to directly address a point. Don't start now though, that would be disappointing.

Bob

I guess you're just to lazy to read the posts regarding why the argument is fallacious.

Bob,

I have read them. You keep making the same mistakes and setting up the same strawmen over and over.

(For example, I agree with you on Rand's scope problems in treating the difference between kind and degree, but I don't mention it because I don't agree with how you apply it to her thinking, and I'm not in the mood for listening to a lot of crowing over something stupid.)

Do you ever wonder why no one takes you seriously?

Look at the response you habitually get.

Doesn't that tell you something--like maybe you are not persuading anyone of anything by any means, much less by reason?

Michael

I’m no finger-wagger, but I have to do a bit of public shaming here by pointing out to each and every one of you that you’ve been FEEDING A TROLL.

129035747714979546.jpg

See? Sometimes I even promote Glenn Beck!

Now cut this shit out, or I’m calling for backup:

Philmarm.jpg

1.) Short answer - your own.

I thought we're talking about the standards of deciding which degree of altruism is optimal as part of a moral code.

You are the one attacking the Objectivist moral code.

Now you say everybody should use his own standard?

I know what standard I use. I thought you disapproved.

Michael, on the behalf of a sizeable portion of the OL female community, we wish to object to your characterization of our activities as trollish when we are merely social networking, luring and encouraging trolls when in fact we were being friendly and nonjudgmental, and feeding trolls when we were just being kind to dummb animals.

As we always are!

Huffily.

Daunce and X

Tony,

I reminded of the saying "You can lead a horse to water..." etc. My description of Bob ("Willful ignorance") was too kind.

He's all yours Carol.

I dare you.

Yours forever,

Cqrol

"Yours forever"??? Then BARELY an hour later "Tony I think I love you the most" Goes to show, you can lead a horticulture but she's still a fickle bitch.

we wish to object to your characterization of our activities as trollish

Feeding a troll doesn’t make you a troll.

no-troll-feeding.jpg

We are now friends for life, no matter what you do or say from here on out.

Sounds like a challenge. Now I’m going to have to come up with something to get your goat deliberately.

Tony,

He's all yours Carol.

I dare you.

Yours forever,

Cqrol

"Yours forever"??? Then BARELY an hour later "Tony I think I love you the most" Goes to show, you can lead a horticulture but she's still a fickle bitch.

Um, the ability to hold two equal opposite ideas in your mind is an indication of something or other. Greatness! That's it! Not fickleness or anything, I'm pretty sure.

Carol

still thirsty and wondering why

Goes to show, you can lead a horticulture but she's still a fickle bitch.

EXCELLENT!!!!

I was so tempted!

we wish to object to your characterization of our activities as trollish

Feeding a troll doesn’t make you a troll.

no-troll-feeding.jpg

We are now friends for life, no matter what you do or say from here on out.

Sounds like a challenge. Now I’m going to have to come up with something to get your goat deliberately.

Michael, he means it! Four goats have disappeared from here already and everybody suspects me...he's cunning.

Beware!

Michael, he means it! Four goats have disappeared from here already and everybody suspects me...he's cunning.

Beware!

A cunning linguist the doctor is...

Down here in the garbage pile where they say Objectivism Truly Is. Trying to be of service to others, where help is most needed--and I thought Adam was making progress, will I ever learn, pass the soap is all I can say-- misunderstood, gettiing my goats purloined, having false memories implanted by shady doctors--I have no prejudice against foreign-trained professionals but that diploma was not from an American university or even an Earth one-- if you think rolling around in detritus with the likes of them is my idea of fun, just don't say anything, OK?