Name the Smiths

299481a1w9czrf0r.gif

1625891j472412hze.gif

1660805mjwf5jhmc4.jpg

1595362lpdzhgxh5z.jpg

3000744hbgyv7eu8a.gif

Can't find a damn trombone or my instrument the clarinet.

NAME SOME MORE SMITHS. My thanks for the suggestions.

If you look into it, you'll find that Alan Smithee was originally named simply Al Smith. You could do a whole video just on people who went by that name at one time or another.

Wow...I forgot...Al Smith the pre-Kennedy Catholic Presidential candidate, lost to Hoover in 1928, progressive, FDR buddy became a "conservative" and opposed FDR in the 1930's

The Happy Warrior...220px-AlfredSmith.png 42nd Governor of New York

Wow...I forgot...Al Smith the pre-Kennedy Catholic Presidential candidate, lost to Hoover in 1928, progressive, FDR buddy became a "conservative" and opposed FDR in the 1930's

The Happy Warrior...220px-AlfredSmith.png 42nd Governor of New York

And he hated Prohibition with a passion. My kind of fellow.

When I was a wee lad I heard him speak. I was too young to know what he was talking about.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I just ran across this YouTube video of Roger Bissell playing an extended solo with the Nashville Jazz Orchestra (NJO). This was from around five months ago, so it is quite recent. Unfortunately, the sound quality is not very good, but you will get an idea of what Roger does in his native habitat, when he is not posting on OL.

I don't know who uploaded this video to YouTube. I emailed Roger about it, and he said that he only became aware of it a few days ago. Because of the poor sound quality, I asked Roger if he minded my posting the video on this thread. He agreed, if not in a wholly enthusiastic manner. :laugh:

Ghs

I just ran across this YouTube video of Roger Bissell playing an extended solo with the Nashville Jazz Orchestra (NJO). This was from around five months ago, so it is quite recent. Unfortunately, the sound quality is not very good, but you will get an idea of what Roger does in his native habitat, when he is not posting on OL.

I don't know who uploaded this video to YouTube. I emailed Roger about it, and he said that he only became aware of it a few days ago. Because of the poor sound quality, I asked Roger if he minded my posting the video on this thread. He agreed, if not in a wholly enthusiastic manner. :laugh:

Ghs

Thanks, George. I was trying not to be wholly-er than thou. :smile:

REB

I posted this video -- a track from Roger's latest CD -- over a year ago. I am posting it again in case anyone missed it and would like to hear Roger sing, whistle, and snap his fingers.

Seriously, this is a great tune. The lyrics were written for me, of course. :cool:

Ghs

I posted this video -- a track from Roger's latest CD -- over a year ago. I am posting it again in case anyone missed it and would like to hear Roger sing, whistle, and snap his fingers.

Seriously, this is a great tune. The lyrics were written for me, of course. :cool:

Ghs

I can't believe it! Another quest for greedy capitalistic profit!

--Brant

I got the CD!--it's too late for Roger to refuse my business!--HA, HA ,HA