Hank Williams, Jr., strikes back

George H. Smith

I assume OLers know about the recent brouhaha over remarks that Hank Williams, Jr., made on "Fox and Friends." Here is his musical response. This may not stay on YouTube for very long, so listen to it now.

Ghs

Note (from the Internet): Bocephus is a nickname which was given to country singer Hank Williams Jr. He was given the nickname by his father who started calling him Bocephus because he thought that Hank looked like a ventriloquist with the same name.

George,

I caught the whole shebang, including the interview when it happened (and I hardly ever watch Fox and Friends).

HWJ is right on righteous.

If the video goes off YouTube on the link you provided, here is the code from HWJ's own channel:

EDIT: Dayaamm! The forum program embedded the video from the raw link all on it's own.

Well, we got two copies of the same thing from two different channels now.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for the additional embed.

This is an excellent tune in its own right, one that has mega-hit written all over it. I'm impressed that it was written and produced in such a short period of time.

I saw the interview as well. As Beck has pointed out repeatedly, HWJ never compared Obama to Hitler. But even if he had, so what?

Ghs

George,

Here's the interview.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EwBnLvxC6pE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like the fact that Glenn mentioned Roseanne Barr. She went on a RussiaToday interview, clamored for the return of the guillotine, and said the rich should be sent to reeducation camps if they resisted confiscation of their wealth, and if they didn't repent, then they should be beheaded. Glenn mentioned that she is getting a new TV sitcom show (about trailer park living) now on NBC.

Here is the video where she wants to behead bankers.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RfqDxNiTzOA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In compensation, Hank Williams Junior gets thrown off ABC's Monday Night Football for making a Hitler analogy while discussing Obama on Fox and Friends.

I wonder if everyday people can see some problem here. I think they do, but sometimes I wonder.

I know I will not be watching Barr's new show, but I am strongly inclined to revisit my former enthusiasm for football once Hank gets a new contract from another network next year.

I admit, I'm a sucker for a great line. In Glenn's interview, Hank said his daughter asked if he was in trouble. He said, "Well, honey. If I am, then we all are."

Michael

Glenn mentioned that [Roseanne Barr] is getting a new TV sitcom show (about trailer park living) now on NBC.

Another reality show, I assume. :wink:

Ghs

I know it should be called Double W--I--D--E in honor of it's star.

When she walks away from you she reminds me of two (2) Volkswagons trying to pass each other on the highway!