Important Announcement

After prayerful consideration, I have decided not to seek the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States.

I know my decision will disappoint my many supporters who believe that only I can save the United States from certain disaster, but God told me not to run.

You really don't need a title to make a difference in this country. I think I am proof of that. I will therefore continue to post on Objectivist Living so I can be effective in helping change what’s going on in our country and helping wake up Americans to what is going on in our country.

As always, my dog, Jazz, comes first. Jazz and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision. When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family, dog food, and country. My decision maintains this order.

Ghs

Ghs,

If you cannot be prevailed upon to reconsider - and I appreciate that one's dog and god come first - may I have my campaign contribution back, please?

[edit: Ha! Merlin - you beat me to it. Same thought!]

I know my decision will disappoint my many supporters who believe that only I can save the United States from certain disaster, but God told me not to run.

I think you've been listening to the wrong voices in your head.

Damn! And I had planned to send you a campaign contribution today.

Campaign contributions will be applied to a possible run in 2016.

As for 2012: If nominated, I will not campaign. If elected, I will move into the White House, furnish it with purple curtains and red velvet chairs, and transform it into an honest whorehouse.

Ghs.

I think you've been listening to the wrong voices in your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxt4Qq76vB0[/media]

Is that Harvey Keitel playing Judas? For a second I thought it was Marlon Brando in a director's cut of The Godfather. 8-)

Ghs

This announcement does not fool any of us. Clearly the God spelled backward dog reference is a secret code for a third party candidacy.

It also explains Carol's absence. Clearly she is undercover and actively planning the third party run.

We are not taken in by this announcement. Just like the Italian Prime Minister, the purported name for the third party run is the "Go Pussy Party!

Whorehouse is the codeword in that press release...

Oh, that's just great. NOW what do I do with the dozen nonrefundable tickets I bought for ARI's Straw Poll next month?

So that people could be recruited to come to Irvine and stuff the ballot box for you?

I guess I'll just toss them in with the 300 I bought for Ron Paul supporters.

... ;)

Is that Harvey Keitel playing Judas? For a second I thought it was Marlon Brando in a director's cut of The Godfather. 8-)

Yeah, that’s one of the criticisms of the movie. His accent, no “received pronunciation” for him. Great movie though, if you’ve never seen it.

First act as president: George signs an executive order abolishing the Executive Branch.

Second act: George dashes off a memo to Congress and the Judiciary: “Good luck on enforcing your @#$#%!! laws.”

Third act: George resigns. (Probably anti-climactic.)

First act as president: George signs an executive order abolishing the Executive Branch.

Second act: George dashes off a memo to Congress and the Judiciary: “Good luck on enforcing your @#$#%!! laws.”

Good plan. Would you like to be my campaign manager in 2016, if God tells me to run?

I already have a cheer for rallies:

Two, four, six, eight

Organize and smash the State!

Snappy, eh?

Ghs

I did not find this thread amusing at all given the suffering so many are enduring in this country or fighting its misguided wars overseas.

I do have a sense of humor but I am not in the mood for this waste of time and energy.

I am hopeful that Ron Paul's campaign will grow, that he will do well enough in the primary states to be taken seriously for a change. He didn't mention and wasn't asked about his position on abortion during his presentation at the National Press Club (see other topic elsewhere with link to the video). His focus is on our loss of freedom, our abandonment of the Constitution, our mistaken foreign policies, our economic crisis, the loss of sound money, the empowerment of the Federal Reserve which has failed in every way because of the Keynesian nonsense taught in the universities since the thirties.

We should be doing everything we can to help him get out his message but maybe he will have to do well in Iowa and New Hampshire first before we are moved to act.

Zere vill be no laffing in ze Paul administration!

I did not find this thread amusing at all given the suffering so many are enduring in this country or fighting its misguided wars overseas.

I do have a sense of humor but I am not in the mood for this waste of time and energy.

I am hopeful that Ron Paul's campaign will grow, that he will do well enough in the primary states to be taken seriously for a change. He didn't mention and wasn't asked about his position on abortion during his presentation at the National Press Club (see other topic elsewhere with link to the video). His focus is on our loss of freedom, our abandonment of the Constitution, our mistaken foreign policies, our economic crisis, the loss of sound money, the empowerment of the Federal Reserve which has failed in every way because of the Keynesian nonsense taught in the universities since the thirties.

We should be doing everything we can to help him get out his message but maybe he will have to do well in Iowa and New Hampshire first before we are moved to act.

I wish Ron Paul all the best. But if you think he stands a chance in hell of ever getting the GOP nomination, much less winning the presidency, then you are delusional.

As for getting the message out, why do you think this can only be done via a political campaign? This activity is essentially a waste of time, but if you have time to waste, go for it.

This thread began as a satire of Sarah Palin. Much of my first post was taken verbatim from an interview she did yesterday. Am I to be accused of not taking the current sad state of America seriously because I mocked that goofball?

Ghs

Boy, are you a beaten down depressive. A person can only carry so much weight. I suggest you lighten up. Primarily your life and happiness is important to you, not the other 6 billion people on this planet whom no one is going to save in the aggregate, not even from the evil Monsanto corporation, but things are getting better for most overall over time.

--Brant

Good plan. Would you like to be my campaign manager in 2016, if God tells me to run?

I already have a cheer for rallies:

Two, four, six, eight

Organize and smash the State!

Snappy, eh?

Ghs

How do you know if the voice speaking to you is from God? How do you know it isn’t Dr. Phil? Shouldn’t you ask for some sort of verification, like His address or His date of birth? In God’s case, I guess we would have to ask for the Son’s birthday. I’ve never understood why people take His word for it that it’s God talking. I would think this would be an important step to take before accepting any of His advice. Just a thought.

I don’t think your campaign song is going to work. Snappy, yes, but way too radical. If I’m going to run your campaign, I have to recommend that we soft-pedal the controversial stuff. In fact, I think you should run as a Reagan conservative. No reason to scare people by challenging conventional ways of thinking. Once you’re in office, you can let everyone know that was bullshit in your inaugural address. Claim you had an epiphany or something. For now, let’s wave the flag, praise the troops, talk about how America was founded as a Christian nation and end with ‘God Bless America’ as soon as you see people start to yawn. A Texas drawl would help. (BTW, it would also help if you have a wife with big tits. You know, eye candy for those who get bored with the heavy ideology.)

I am hopeful that Ron Paul's campaign will grow. . .

Ron Paul supporters need a really good sense of humor, so they can join in the fun. Every time he mentions foreign policy, I laugh my ass off.

We kill Anwar Awlaki—a major player in Al Qaeda’s efforts to kill us—and he wants to impeach Obama for protecting America’s security. Now that’s funny!