Lib Lawmaker Says Fracking Causes Veneral Disease in Women

Rich Engle

Fracking

A lib lawmaker claims workers at natural gas drilling well sites are "spreading sexually transmitted disease amongst the womenfolk." Sturla.jpg

Lib Dem idiot of the day Rep. Michael Sturla

A liberal democratic politician in Pennsylvania claimed in an email that fracking causes venereal disease in women.

Penn Live reported:

A state lawmaker is explaining his remark that suggests
the impact of Pennsylvania's booming natural gas industry includes the spread of sexually transmitted disease "amongst the womenfolk."

Democratic
Rep. Michael Sturla
of Lancaster County was expected to discuss the remark at a previously scheduled hearing Wednesday on gas drilling.

His remark was made in comments e-mailed to a reporter in which he accused a Corbett administration official of downplaying the seriousness of community impacts created by drilling.

The state Republican Party on Tuesday evening called the remark offensive and incredibly stupid.

Then he defended his remarks, which to me appear to be a ding-dong problem involving mistaken causality. I mean, I guess I could be wrong on that but for fuck's sake.

rde

"I got it from the toilet seat." --Frank Zappa

Edited by Rich Engle

are we to infer that women who don't frack won't get venereal diseases?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Fracking

A lib lawmaker claims workers at natural gas drilling well sites are "spreading sexually transmitted disease amongst the womenfolk." Sturla.jpg

Lib Dem idiot of the day Rep. Michael Sturla

A liberal democratic politician in Pennsylvania claimed in an email that fracking causes venereal disease in women.

Penn Live reported:

A state lawmaker is explaining his remark that suggests
the impact of Pennsylvania's booming natural gas industry includes the spread of sexually transmitted disease "amongst the womenfolk."

Democratic
Rep. Michael Sturla
of Lancaster County was expected to discuss the remark at a previously scheduled hearing Wednesday on gas drilling.

His remark was made in comments e-mailed to a reporter in which he accused a Corbett administration official of downplaying the seriousness of community impacts created by drilling.

The state Republican Party on Tuesday evening called the remark offensive and incredibly stupid.

Then he defended his remarks, which to me appear to be a ding-dong problem involving mistaken causality. I mean, I guess I could be wrong on that but for fuck's sake.

rde

"I got it from the toilet seat." --Frank Zappa

Maybe he just read 'fracking' too fast. He is a lawmaker.