The Man Who Started the Latest Jihad

BaalChatzaf

Please have a look at this short documentary about Sayid Qutub, the man who founded the latest Islamic Jihad. And what inspired Qutub? A gut hatred of the United States, its people. He hated the free and easy attitude toward sex and even more he hated individualism which he saw as evil and corrupt.

He wrote a pair of book which inspired, among others the late and unlamented Usama bin Laden. In effect Qutub wrote the Islamic -Mein Kampf-.

He it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGzCRBlIVY&feature=related

Ba'al Chatzaf

I think it was Hassan Al Bana who first started the Muslim Brotherhood, from which Al Qaeda and similar groups sprang, and not Qutb. Qutb is merely one of many, many, many, Islamic ideologues that have taken Islamic supremacism seriously throughout the history of Islam. Islam has been militantly imperialistic from it's medina period, and especially after the death of Muhammad. Todays jihad is nothing new, it's merely set in a modern context.

Actually it doesn't matter what the spelling of the name is as it's an Arabic name, Baal's transliteration will suffice. Though I think you meant Qutb? Though if you actually believe that his ideas came from his dislike of American morals and individualism then I feel sorry for you.

Edited by Libertarian Muslim