Wild Flowers, play by John Enright

I know I've been an infrequent OL visitor lately, but I wanted to extend an invitation to come see my new play if you happen to be in Chicago during the next 3 weeks. It's about a young woman who is surprised to discover she wasn't born in the US, and who is about to be deported to Russia. She has 2 suitors offering to get her a green card, and a mother who wants to welcome her back to Russia. Yes, it's a comedy, with a wacky but logical plot, and strongwilled characters colliding in a small space. Particulars can be found at:

barelyconcealed.com

Discounted tickets can be found through Hottix and Goldstar

Thanks, John

Wishing you great success John!

Great, Michael, I look forward to seeing you both!

We are getting a glowing review from my neighborhood paper, The Beverly Review. I got an advance blurb from Kathleen Tobin, the reviewer, who wrote: "A well written, intriguing plot with a contemporary flair and several layers of international and character complexity, suberbly realized by a thoroughly believable cast, 'Wild Flowers' is a little gem of a play that holds one's attention from start to finish."

And we got a positive blog review (with mild spoilers) from James at the Frugal Chariot blog here:

http://frugalchariot.blogspot.com/2011/07/day-of-theater-play-reading-in-morning.html

We're waiting on a forthcoming review from the Chicago Reader.

UPDATE - the review by Justin Hayford from the Chicago Reader is now online. I'm very happy. "The various story lines in John Enright's tricky plot collide and stall at first. But once everything's on the table, his quirky, lighthearted script bounces efficiently forward, spirited along by Giau Truong's appealing cast."

You can read the whole thing, with even more spoilers, here:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/wild-flowers/Event?oid=4207345

Edited by jenright