Understanding the Jihad against Israel & America

Richard Wiig

An in depth and superb essay by Andrew G. Bostom

Understanding the Jihad Against Israel and America

The transcript of my speech today at the national meeting of ACT for America.

June 24, 2011 - 12:00 am - by Andrew G. Bostom

The late Southern Sudanese leader John Garang, in 1999, posed the following dual-part existential question for our era:

Is the call for jihad against a particular people a religious right of those calling for it, or is it a human rights violation against the people upon whom jihad is declared and waged?

As I hope to make plain, the answer to both parts of John Garang’s query is “Yes!”

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/understanding-the-jihad-against-israel-and-america/?singlepage=true

I'm letting this one through. (I have been a bit ham-handed with the hate posts and "they are the evil ones" yapping recently.)

It's not really an original post--merely a copy/paste from Pajamas Media with link.

For those who want to read the article on PM, be my guest. I skimmed it--I won't be wasting more time than that--and here are my impressions.

I categorize it in the class warfare victimization model of argument ("everything would be all right if not for them"). The article tries to establish proof by citing cherry-picked passages and events, while ignoring anything to the contrary, and claiming that everything would have been all right if not for them since the very beginning.

(yawn...)

It appears to be well sourced, so if you want the information, I recommend it. Also, if you are into preaching instead of thinking, it's really good for that. You will drink your fill and get your fix for the day.

If these things bore you or irritate you, though, you won't miss anything by skipping this one.

Michael