"Atlas Part 2" General Discussion

Yep. I got the following e-mail today here

"Culver City, CA (PRWEB) June 08, 2011

Atlas Productions, LLC announced today the launch of its official Atlas Shrugged Part 2 Movie Website: AtlasShruggedPart2.com.

Producer Harmon Kaslow stated 'The level of community involvement on the Atlas Shrugged Part 1 Website was tremendous. Site traffic leading up to release day was consistently high - in the 300,000 page views per day range. On April 15, 2011, however, the day the movie was released, we amazingly served up over 1.6 million.'"

Here’s a thought, early on after the announcement that they were going into production for part 1, people hemmed and hawed about the $5M budget. Soon they announced that, including the preproduction and rights to the material, the cost was really over $10M. It sounded better. The theatrical gross was about $5M (I’m not knowledgeable enough about the movie biz to say what the net revenue should be from that figure), so it’s a money loser, right? Well, if you can divvy up some of those extra costs over two more films, it doesn’t look as bad. And the next one, if it’s better, might be a money-maker, hope springs eternal.

Anyway, I’m glad they’re moving ahead. I can’t say I was satisfied with part 1, my feeling in retrospect was “not bad, but not good enough”. But I’ll still be going to part 2. And shelling out for the DVD of part 1.