ATTENTION: Mac users ...virus threat

Selene

Apparently, there is a real threat to Mac's here.

Please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited extracts. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights or use this link to reference the article - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/a6e6aa7a-87c0-11e0-a6de-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1NVBSTiwS

One of the most pervasive and costly types of virus is now affecting Mac computers, signalling the end of an age of innocence for Apple customers, who until now have been spared many common cybersecurity problems.

Known as rogue antivirus or scareware, the scam programs warn PC and now Mac owners that they have been infected, then demand credit card payments to clean the machines.

Apple’s initial response to waves of callers to its AppleCare tech support lines was unhelpful, according to leaked internal instructions posted on the tech news site ZDNet.

Adam

It was just a matter of time...

~ Shane

Are you sure that does not belong on the "Love Songs" thread?

Saw you again last night

I caught you catching my eye

I love to stare at you

I can see that I

See that I

Just wanna hold you

I just wanna know you

I just wanna spend the night wrapped up in you

Chorus:

But it's all

Yeah it's all

Just a Matter of time

and it's all

it's all just a matter of time

Don't care how long this takes

'Cause baby, I can't wait

I can't wait for you

To hold me

to know me

I just wanna spend the night wrapped up in you

Repeat Chorus

You're gonna wake up and find

It's just a matter of time

Until, until you are mine

Cause it's all

Yeah it's all

Just a matter of time

Yeah it's all

yeah, it's all just a matter of time

Yeah, it's all

Yeah it's all just a matter of time

I saw you again last night

Randy Rogers Band

Song: Just A Matter Of Time

Edited by Selene

Are you sure that does not belong on the "Love Songs" thread?

I would suggest that be the new song for Mac users (as part of a Trojan) to take over the "Rick Roll" song that we all occasionally get redirected to... Ha!!

~ Shane

Edited by sbeaulieu

Well, just goes to show that you can't get too complacent that ol' Stevie will take care of everything. It's simply that no one took interest in Apple till now. That apple's been rotting and in it, worms.

Edited by David Lee

Compared with the PC, Apple's virus threats are few and far between. And it is still superior to the PC in issues of speed, reliability & ease of use. I graduated to the IMAC 4 years ago. It's great.

If I ever decide to buy an off-the-shelf computer, my next one will certainly be a Mac. But for building, I'm more familiar with PC components/architecture.

~ Shane

I have both.

I

This is a lovely movie. You will see a few moments in there where very true things are said about the nature of many PC users.

Welcome to the Macintosh

After a long time, I finally got my hands on one to stick in the network; a lovely IMac. Old, but jacked up a bit. It is simply a better experience, period.

r