Capital Records Announces Peggy Lee Digital Release of 22 Albums in honor of her birthday this May 24th

Selene

This is from her website here.

This was an amazing woman...songwriter, singer, actress and businesswoman. She was an outspoken advocate for the individual artist winning a landmark suit against Disney Productions for The Lady and the Tramp which she wrote the score for, and sang many of the parts in here.

CALIFORNIA | LOCAL

LOS ANGELES : $3 Million Award to Peggy Lee Upheld

October 6, 1992 A California Court of Appeal upheld a judgment Monday that will force the Walt Disney Co. to pay singer Peggy Lee $3 million for releasing a videocassette of "The Lady and the Tramp" without her permission. Lee supplied the voice of four characters, sang three songs and co-composed the film score for the animated movie. She charged that her contract with Disney did not give the company the right to sell videocassettes of the movie without her permission.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The big news was announced by her granddaughter Holly, who administers her estate, on her website:

Hi All,

I recently learned that Capitol plans on releasing digital versions of twenty-two of PL's Capitol albums. When you add these to the ones that are already digitally available, that will mean that for the very first time all of PL's Capitol studio albums will be available digitally.

The release date is schedule for May 24th in honor of what would have been my grandmother's 91st birthday. The albums to be released are:

A Natural Woman

All Aglow Again

Basin Street East Proudly Presents Peggy Lee

Bewitching Lee

Big Spender

Bridge Over Troubled Water

Extra Special

Guitars a la Lee

I Like Men

I'm a Woman

If You Go

In Love Again

In the Name of Love

Is That All There Is?

Make It with You

Norma Deloris Egstrom from Jamestown, North Dakota

Pass Me By

Peggy at Basin Street East: The Unreleased Show

Pretty Eyes

Somethin' Groovy

Then Was Then Now Is Now

Where Did They Go?

For those of you who are fans of the Norma Deloris album (as I am), you will be happy to know that Capitol plans on releasing the ORIGINAL version, not the alternate version that was released by EMI in the UK in 2004.

Although I have embraced the digital age and do my fair share on purchasing on iTunes, I'm a little bummed to see CDs becoming a thing of the past. That having been said, I am really happy that people will now have access to these amazing albums and will no longer have to resort to having to find used copies on eBay, etc. (and sometimes having to pay very high prices).

I hope to have more exciting music news as time goes on...

smilie1.gif Holly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly one of her most memorable songs is Fever. When you look at the sheet music, there is only the bass, the drum and the finger snaps and her voice in the entire piece.

No one can verify whose finger snaps were on the recording, Peggy's or someone else.

One of the great jazz singers and lyricists ever.

Adam

This is from her website here.

This was an amazing woman...songwriter, singer, actress and businesswoman. She was an outspoken advocate for the individual artist winning a landmark suit against Disney Productions for The Lady and the Tramp which she wrote the score for, and sang many of the parts in here.

CALIFORNIA | LOCAL

LOS ANGELES : $3 Million Award to Peggy Lee Upheld

October 6, 1992 A California Court of Appeal upheld a judgment Monday that will force the Walt Disney Co. to pay singer Peggy Lee $3 million for releasing a videocassette of "The Lady and the Tramp" without her permission. Lee supplied the voice of four characters, sang three songs and co-composed the film score for the animated movie. She charged that her contract with Disney did not give the company the right to sell videocassettes of the movie without her permission.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The big news was announced by her granddaughter Holly, who administers her estate, on her website:

Hi All,

I recently learned that Capitol plans on releasing digital versions of twenty-two of PL's Capitol albums. When you add these to the ones that are already digitally available, that will mean that for the very first time all of PL's Capitol studio albums will be available digitally.

The release date is schedule for May 24th in honor of what would have been my grandmother's 91st birthday. The albums to be released are:

A Natural Woman

All Aglow Again

Basin Street East Proudly Presents Peggy Lee

Bewitching Lee

Big Spender

Bridge Over Troubled Water

Extra Special

Guitars a la Lee

I Like Men

I'm a Woman

If You Go

In Love Again

In the Name of Love

Is That All There Is?

Make It with You

Norma Deloris Egstrom from Jamestown, North Dakota

Pass Me By

Peggy at Basin Street East: The Unreleased Show

Pretty Eyes

Somethin' Groovy

Then Was Then Now Is Now

Where Did They Go?

For those of you who are fans of the Norma Deloris album (as I am), you will be happy to know that Capitol plans on releasing the ORIGINAL version, not the alternate version that was released by EMI in the UK in 2004.

Although I have embraced the digital age and do my fair share on purchasing on iTunes, I'm a little bummed to see CDs becoming a thing of the past. That having been said, I am really happy that people will now have access to these amazing albums and will no longer have to resort to having to find used copies on eBay, etc. (and sometimes having to pay very high prices).

I hope to have more exciting music news as time goes on...

smilie1.gif Holly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly one of her most memorable songs is Fever. When you look at the sheet music, there is only the bass, the drum and the finger snaps and her voice in the entire piece.

No one can verify whose finger snaps were on the recording, Peggy's or someone else.

One of the great jazz singers and lyricists ever.

Adam

Well, that is some fine news. I am a huge fan. At any given moment, I have a copy of the "Black Coffee" CD sitting around one of my systems.

Also, you can create some really good streaming channels. But, if you do it with Pandora, it will suggest things "like" Peggy Lee, were you to create a channel.

However, I recommend www.grooveshark.com . If you go there you can pull up the tonnage and listen to her mad crazy. Obviously there is stuff on You Tube, but for the serious, this is a good way to go. You'll get 30 or 40 off-rip, including "A Doodlin' Song (!)"

Nice one, Adam. Very well done!

rde

Thanks Rich, a small payment for all your excellently done posts...lol