Announcement - I am no longer on Solo

Announcement - I am no longer on Solo

This is to let everyone who likes me (and those who don't) know where I stand on just being thrown off of Solo Passion - with grandstanding by Linz, at that.

It's Linz's place. He does as he sees fit.

On many of the issues he raises, especially on the Brandens, he is wrong.

On his opinions of me, he is wrong.

We disagree strongly.

End of discussion.

I do not want to talk about Solo Passion on Objectivist Living, so I am locking this thread. This is an announcement only. The purpose of Objectivist Living is for much more productive endeavors. We have works to create and wonderful people to interact with.

I want to urge those who are members of Solo Passion to NOT leave on my behalf. Each person should decide something like that according to his/her own interests and values, not mine.

And I also want to state that I wish the people at Solo Passion well.

Time to move on.

Michael

• 1 month later...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

William Sherk has joined our honor roll. Apparently he was banned also.

What twist of fate, Sir Will, would cast us - and only us - in the same vessel of the formally banned from Solo Passion? That you aspired to the station of court fool?

Silly man. Where you were banned, that job was taken long ago by a jealous fool...

Michael

(PS - I am now unlocking this thread as our ranks are swelling. Let the banning begin! Hail to the banning! Long last the banning! May the world stare in awe and tremble!)

Edit - Here is the link to WSS's protest on his own site.

I never bothered to try to register on SOLOP, having left ROR right in the middle of things. Why would I?

Where I was left at ROR is that my profile remains, and (until not long from now, I'd guess) I think I could still post under moderation, following my announcement of leaving. Who knows...

I got some sanction votes a coupla weeks ago. :D/

But the funny funny part is how long they've left my profile up there, replete with a giant Unitarian Universalist chalice symbol! [-X

So, I suppose that was a rookie error. Should be done by end of business today, at least if they're smart.

rde

Spraypainting boxcars since the '70's

What twist of fate, Sir Will, would cast us - and only us - in the same vessel of the formally banned from Solo Passion?

Alas, you have forgotten my punk friend Jody.

You remember Jody? Poor lil' thang. Inarticulate. Types in a high pitched whine. Dumb as a sack of Georgia Peaches. Loves NASCAR.

Jody, with his "I (heart) Barbara" tattoo on his ass, would rarely take on anyone, lest they make him run away quivering in fear.

Poor dull, dimwited Jody! He should be at home here among the meely minded morons of OL.

Someone, a New Zealander I believe, once bestowed the wisdom upon me that OL stands for Old Losers. Or, Obfuscating Loonies. Or, "SADDAMITE!" (I know the last one does not make sense, but remember he was from New Zealand!)

It is a shame to be banished from such wisdom. To no longer be in the shadow of greatness. To no longer be worthy of ...........

I am sorry. I am starting to make myself sick!

Jody is in good company!

And to Jody's hot breathed detractors............A chorus of tiny violins!

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

gw

Jody got the same worn-out dance moves and condescension that lately marks the new Perigo style, which is not that different from watching an aged Rod Stewart prance around in too-tight jeans: so unfortunate, so, er, suboptimal.

It was about how he regretted that Jody showed himself to be a certain way. This always comes as a revelation, remarkably in-synch with any break in the party line, much less a (friendly) exit announcement.

Jody, you just couldn't help showing your true colors, could you? [-X

Jody Shrugged

Jody will join the honor roll shortly if he has not already. He shrugged. Here is the text of his lyrical flex:

Gentlemen, it's spring

Though I leave friends, I leave. I simply can't sanction what goes on here. It would not be fair to either myself, or Linz to continue 'lurking', especially as I have staff positions. The simple fact is, that the 'who's evul, who's righeous' focus(I say focus because it dominates, but I know there are others here who focus on better and more important things)is simply not for me. I don't have a chicken in this fight(s) that is the dominate theme here. I know that in the O'ist world, it is common to make categorical judgements...the liars at OL, the frauds at RoR, the bashers at Solo...I hope that no one takes my remarks here as such a categorically negative judgement on each of you here(such sweeping generalizations are part of my reason for this). There are many here that I admire and hope for the best that life has to offer. There are some amazing individuals here: Duncan, Jason, Jen, Ross, Ciro, Dan straight-Edge, James H. Nelson, Marnee...damn I know I'm forgetting people.

WSS is a great guy, and his banishment precipitated this. Is he infallible? No. Is he challenging? Yes. And he is sincere.

The last issue I want to address is this--don't fucking sling shit at people, and then sling more shit because they don't respond to your first salvo. From the Brandens, to TOC, to CMS, to Ed, to Joe Rowlands there has been a lot of shit tossed, and then the requisite denunciation because they don't pick up a hand-full and return fire. Maybe they have life to live, and the shit throwers just aren't worth their fucking time. And as far as denouncing them for their silence, can anyone say "non sequitur"? I know that for this I'll be denounced as a "Brandenite", or TOC-ite, or CMS-ite, etc, etc. So, let's set those facts straight. I love Barbara Branden. I'm completely apathetic to Nathaniel(because I don't know him), I barely know who/what TOC is, I don't really know who Ed is, and I've never read Russian Radical, nor have I ever read JARS. So, in a nutshell, I don't give a fuck about Diana and Chris's personal spats, I don't give a fuck about Linz and Ed's personal spats, etc...ad infinitum, ad nauseaum.

I cannot rest from travel: I will drink

Life to the lees: All times I have enjoy'd

Greatly, have suffer'd greatly, both with those

That loved me, and alone, on shore, and when

Thro' scudding drifts the rainy Hyades

Vext the dim sea...Tennyson

I also have life to drink, and I have to choose how to spend my time. The dominate theme of obligatory ostracism that I see here is not my life, nor my fight. My laughter tomorrow will be sincere, and it will not be a snide laughter, but a laughter of life.

Jody, you did better than I. You took your life into your own hands and made a value judgment. You rejected that which was no longer of value to you.

In this respect you are smarter than I was. I hung out at the moral junkyard way too long after I stopped valuing it.

Now it is time for eschewing bitterness. It is time for poetry and laughter. (Did I hear violins?...)

Michael

I cannot rest from travel: I will drink

Life to the lees: All times I have enjoy'd

Greatly, have suffer'd greatly, both with those

That loved me, and alone, on shore, and when

Thro' scudding drifts the rainy Hyades

Vext the dim sea...Tennyson

...Life piled on life

Were all too little, and of one to me

Little remains; but every hour is saved

From that eternal silence, something more,

A bringer of new things; and vile it were

For some three suns to store and hoard myself,

And this gray spirit yearning in desire

To follow knowledge like a sinking star,

Beyond the utmost bound of human thought.

You sent shivers down my spine, Jody,

by quoting "Ulysses." I have loved that poem

intensely since I first read it many years ago.

To the Voyage...

Ellen

___

Jody,

Now isn't that just classic and so very telling. For me, actions always speaks louder than words. The one lone straggler of the "group" comes running over here hunched over with glazed over eyes that are mucuous filled and are cess pools of disease with a grotesquely distorted face with billy club in hand to bash you over the head one last time for good measure. Then runs back to his little clan hooping and hollering over his triumph of what he has just done and so desparately hoping for "praise" and "approval" from the "group" he so heavily abides by. He doesn't do this because HE THINKS it is right. He does this because the "group" thinks it's right. He doesn't think for himself. He thinks for the Institution and what the Institution thinks is right.

I'm sure I'll be bashed over the head for this at some point or another. But what I'm going to say is not for you or anyone on OL or any O'ist who sees all this BS for what it truly is, this kind of behavior from the "group." Tell me my desolate friends when you've come to the end of your road that you have ultimately chosen to take and you've realized how lonely and rejected you feel, whose fault is it? Will you ultimately blame yourself for the poor decisions you have made and why you feel so lonely or will you blame the Institution and group for the way your life has ultimately turned out? My desolate friends, YOU THINK for the Institution. You blindly follow what your "group" believes is right and HOW THEY THINK you should live your life. You do not own your mind. The Institution does. All of this in the name of social rising. This is what you value. The more social pull you have the more powerful you seem to think you are. When you're drowning your sorrows in the bottle of whiskey you just pounded and thinking to yourself, if I just bash one more person over the head, I'll be happy. The Institution will be happy. If the Institution is happy, then that must mean I am also happy. Stop thinking for the "group" and the Institution and start thinking for yourself.

What is even more disturbing about this is the fact they are taking "PRIDE" and "ENJOYMENT" in beating people down. I have one very harsh conclusion regarding these types of people and I am sure most here know what I would say.

Since this is a public forum, I will not express my more brutal judgment and how I see these people to truly be. My more harsh judgment will be done privately and better believe it is a lot more brutal. This is in defense of Jody and it's a bunch of bullshit that they would play these childish god damn games and start bashing someone over the head because Jody THINKS what they are doing is wrong. And they're pissed off because they can't control him and his thoughts. So what do they do, start bashing him over the head. God damn, control freaks.

Jody, you did the right thing. Your actions speaks volumes and is indicative of what you truly value for yourself and what YOU THINK is best for yourself and your life. You go, BOY !! Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine although the silver spoon that's been jammed up their asses for so long might get in the way.

I so hope this is the rant folder. I needed to blow off some serious steam about this.

Angie

Jody,

Now isn't that just classic and so very telling.  For me, actions always speaks louder than words.  The one lone straggler of the "group" comes running over here hunched over with glazed over eyes that are mucuous filled and are cess pools of disease with a grotesquely distorted face with billy club in hand to bash you over the head one last time for good measure.  Then runs back to his little clan hooping and hollering over his triumph of what he has just done and so desparately hoping for "praise" and "approval" from the "group" he so heavily abides by.  He doesn't do this because HE THINKS it is right.  He does this because the "group" thinks it's right.  He doesn't think for himself.  He thinks for the Institution and what the Institution thinks is right.

Angie, what are you talking about? To whom are you referring? I don't see anyone who's come "running over here" to bash Jody. Are you maybe misunderstanding Gary Williams' post?

Ellen

___

Hi, Ellen, maybe I did misunderstand the post. Different writing style than what I am used to seeing. What made me upset was the name calling, inarticulate, dimwitted Jody, etc., etc. The way it was presented it seemed as if it was directed at him when it was being written. If this is my misunderstanding which it looks like it is, then I sincerely apologize to Gary for my harsh words and I will wholeheartedly retract what I said.

I went over there and read some other posts and just horrified by it. I don't really care of what is going on over there. I do not know any of the parties involved. But when someone attacks another that I know for a fact is a complete sweetheart and so kind and sincere and is by no means dimwitted or inarticulate, I'll put my 2 cents in, no matter how harsh the words are. I take full resonsibility for those words.

Gary, I'm not quite used to your writing style and obviously I misinterpreted your post. I truly apologize for my harsh words to you. But that post I put up still stands for the others. And I am sure you know what others I am referring.

Ellen, quite honestly, I've become a little allergic to the O'ist sites now, not OL but the others. I ocassionally browse other sites, although not a member, looking for stuff to pick apart and think about on my own even though I may not express them to others. And after reading so much bickering and more bickering, it's like what's the point of even becoming involved in it. When I found out about the comments made about Jody's leaving, it did make me upset. He's doing what is best for him and his life. And it's unfortunate that he would get flack for something such as that or any others that would catch flack for leaving.

With all the banning that is going on over there or those that are leaving on their own, OL will definitely have a lot of newcomers.

Again apologies to Gary.

Angie

Angie, I well understand your having become "allergic" to all the bickering going on.

I can't speak for sure for Gary, but I expect you were misinterpreting him. (He has a colorful style.) I read him as doing a take-off on what they're saying on SOLO. (I still haven't gotten around to looking yet to see for myself what they've been saying the last couple days. Headed off to do that now....)

Ellen

___

Hi, Ellen

After re-reading the post earlier today again, I also then took it the same way you did...the spin off. It's so unfortunate to see all the name calling, etc., especially when it is towards truly decent people. When I saw the bickering towards Jody or any others that I know are sincere, true, and sweethearts, I will definitely put my 2 cents in in their defense. Gary does seem to have a colorful style as you say. But if it is just that, "the spin off", then I truly apologize to Gary for it and my harsh words. But if not, my post still stands and those are my thoughts about that whole ordeal and the type of people they are.

Angie

Angie,

Slip on a banana peel, didya?

It happens to all of us. Your turn!

Frankly, I enjoyed you standing up to Gary, even if it was mistaken. And I have no doubt that he is laughing is hind-end off about it (in a good way, of course, not maliciously).

Don't mind Gary, though. He and Jody have had a "thing" for some time now.

(I'll leave the rest to your imagination...)

//;-))

Michael

CNA, Ellen, et al..

I have the biggest grin on my face right now!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for taking up for a truely great guy. Jody Allen Gomez. (You know him as Jody, I know him as the devil, ......and he made me type that!)

I can assure you that Jody understands my posts. (Unless he is as big an idiot as I think he is!) (He is!)

It is an inside joke type of thang that maybe only he and I understand. ( He gives me hell! I give him Hell!)

Your defense of Jody is.....Well it brings tears to my eyes! (I don't actually have any tears! I only say this to appease Jody! (He is the Devil!) And, He is the superior intellect......Wait, isn't that a line from Star Trek? Damn you Khaaaaaaaaaannnnn! Er..I mean Jody!) ((That is a Jody-esqe joke!))

Are you catching on?

I have never actually met Jody. (Probably a good thang! as he is a dweeb!)

However, Jody is my friend and messing with that is funky territory.

And, If you want to know about ME!, (And you should, as I am wonderful!) check out my profile at RoR (and pretend you are not bored!).

Note: As soon as I can transfer that profile to here (my objectivist home) I will do so. (bear with me, as I am truely a lazy bastard.)

I repeat - "THIS IS MY HOME!" "

"MSK and Kat, I will give you a profile, damn it!" "And a Picture!" (Someday!)

"Sorry to shout like that, I was having a Jody moment!"

With all that said-

Learn!!!!

Me - Mr. Wonderful!

Jody - Okie Dokie for being the Devil!

MSK - Okay for a Brazilian, wanker, Saddamite!!!

Kat - Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Anyway, thank you for defending Jody.

I will never forget it!

gw

P.S. - How many Jody's does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Mike, it was the mother of all banana peels, did a few flips, a hand stand and then landed flat on my BIG ass. :D I'm glad you enjoyed my ripping into Gary. It seriously rubbed me the wrong way when I read it and then the other posts. I read it this morning and turned very frisky because of it. Figured I would walk away from it and just chill out for a while but that didn't work. I just had to say it, to get it off my chest.

Gary, LMAO. I'm relieved you weren't the lone billy club wielding straggler because I was ready for a confrontation. I'm not into confrontation but will when it is called for. But when dealing with people such as that over on SOLO, I wouldn't take a step in their direction of going over there and playing the same game. It's just it seemed the cock eyed bristled hair straggler, similar to a hyena that has had its ass kicked one too many times, came over onto this territory thinking he could get away with the last bash over the head and not feel any of the ramifications for it. I'm glad to hear that you and Jody are way more than buddies, if you know what I mean !! LOL

Jody, I got your back, Baby !! LOL

Angie

"I'm glad to hear that you and Jody are way more than buddies, if you know what I mean !! LOL "

Wait just a damn minute! It was Jody running around nekkid, not me!

He was trying to impress some Georgia girl with his New Zealand, shrimp on a "Barbie" routine.

Apparently Kiwi shrimp are small, and, well, he scared the girl!

I think they eventually got married!

gw

Eeek, now you guys are running around butt naked. Ohmigod, I so have to cover my eyes now and start giggling. Jody, my dear, apparently I no longer have your back. It looks like Gary is the one who literally has your back now…..LOL Do I dare bring in the small kiwi shrimp that seems to have made its presence known in all of this butt naked running around the forum with it all hangin’ and swingin’ about? LMAO Oh, that was so rude of me. Pardon if I offended anyone. I so have to get off of this because my lady like demeanor will quickly go out the door and I will show my true colors as to how much one of the guys I can be !!

So how’s it hangin’, fellas or can us girls even tell? Please don’t answer. I'm sure you all have big weenies and are very PROUD of them.....LMAO :oops: ….I’m so bad, shame on me….before any more vulgarities slip out of my mouth, I so have to end this post.

By the way, Gary, from this point on, you’ll also be known as the cock eyed bristle haired hyena. LOL ;)

I'm sure Jody is.....ummmmm, what do they call that, metrosexual....LOL

Although I'm sure he is hetero.

Frisky and Fiery

Angie

Between this one and the whole Ciro and MSK eyeing each other up at the urinals thing, what more can be said? They'll be no more towel-snapping in the locker room, boys.

It took me a sec to get that Gary was running satire (I can be slow on the uptake like that). The italics should've keyed me sooner. You get it for sure about halfway in, if you just fell off the truck and are waiting to be planted...

But Angie's faux paux is both nothing, and everything. She was, perhaps, a near-victim of friendly fire. And then some friendly firing of her own- it happens.

Still, though, I knew what she was talking about and who she was thinking about, more or less. And her sentiment was good and true. Jody is without doubt a good man, and he announced his exit with style, with grace, with thanks, and with reasons. Even so, it seems to me the only way to do better there is to simply stop. Stop, and don't read. No guarantees, but it minimizes collateral damage.

For a woman like Angie to develop her allergy is telling, for sure, and the honest of us know she is far from the first to do so.

Of late I have had less reservations about pointing out the obvious, and yes, I suppose the Sciabarra Denouncement was what lit me up. It could have been something else, but this was the one.

I am glad Jody left, because I am selfish, and I think it means he will simply do more here than he already does.

Gary, that's a damn big weenie you got there my cock eyed friend.....hehehehe //;-)) In order to see the whole perspective of it, I may need bigger eyes LOL :eek: I will definitely stop now because this whole conversation could get ugly and vulgar real quick.

Rich, yeah, I'm a little slow too #-o d'oh. What got me was the remarks made when Jody left. I didn't go over there to read. I saw the post here and then the link so went to check it out, read it, thought it was a low blow, came back here, and started to read the rest of the posts about it. I'm not seeking it out, trust me, far from that. I don't intentionally go looking for drama such as that. I just wanted to know the full story with Jody.

First, I've browsed many sites that have something going on with O'ism, not to post but to find something to pick apart which I know you know about this because I've talked to you about some of it, you know, taking a few words that were posted and then tearing it apart, building on it, and conclusion based on the philosophy or looking at my own life to get examples of it and build from there. You know what I'm talking about. So anyway....since browsing many sites, I've seen many satirical type posts that seemed just as that but their intention was quite different.

Apparently Gary has been here a while but I don't browse OL that much so I didn't know and that he's been having fun with everyone. Don't get me wrong, I do browse OL but don't go heavily into the site. I don't stay up on it. When I get time, I do browse a little.

When I read it even though "seemingly" satirical, I wanted to say something in Jody's defense. I know he's a big boy and can take care of himself and hold his own, etc., etc. But you know, when a seemingly cock eyed bristle haired hyena with a big wanker :D comes over here to bash Jody over the head, I'll be there in his defense because the bashing is wholeheartedly unjustified. I won't ever take a step in their direction. But for them to come over here to do more bashing is very telling; these types of people are the weakest of their "group" and are the ones that are looking for the most praise and attention from their clan. Now if he's (Jody) a "public" basher himself, then he can walk that road alone and I am nowhere in sight to defend him or offer support which I'm sure he is not a basher anyway. (Everybody has their harsh words of course. Most keep them private. Well, I've kept mine private regarding certain issues or regarding other bashers with the exception of Gary and that was done in defense.)

I don't plan on taking a hiatus from O'ist sites. I'm still here browsing and looking for material. What goes on amongst the others, it doesn't affect my life. I don't know them. It just rubbed me the wrong way when someone such as Jody, honest and true, etc., is attacked for making a choice that SOLO is no longer worthy of his presence. I've developed an allergy, not anaphylactic shock. LOL Out of all the sites I've been browsing, there are a few I know to stay away from. But it seems more and more of them are about ready to self-destruct. There are a few sites I do browse still, OL being one of them !! So I'm still here. Not here often but still kickin' it. //;-))

Rich, to one of my Buds :P

Angie

As always, edited, to make sure it is more clear.

Is this what happens when we unlock the thread? Thanks for the laughs people. You guys are nuts! purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

ahem.... Gary and Angie pictures please! Not that I want to play matchmaker or anything like that.... But everyone knows that gals who slip on banana peels tend to go for the guys with the big weenies!

er... Better relock the thread....

kat

You're so bad, Kat !! You just had to instigate it even more. :D I can think of many things to say about slipping on banana peels and big weenies and then you have to bring in nuts and pictures on top of it.....LOL

Let the imagination run wild !! I know mine is and I'm laughing my ass off right now.

But I'm still a lady, proper and true O:) yeah, right !!

I think it would be very wise to lock this baby down again. //;-))

It looks like John Dailey has joined the Honor Roll.

He wasn't banned, but moderated. However, in his post that prompted the moderation:

~~ Ntl, rather than 'hinting', why don't you just ask me to stop posting here? Say the word, and I shall.

J-D

P.S: I'll take being put on 'Moderated' as 'the word.'

John bought the bill of goods that you can disagree over there. But token disagreement is what is encouraged, with emphasis on the "token." If you disagree well, disagree with talent, or disagree with a creative writing style, you will not be tolerated.

Like the saying goes, you can't feed a pig caviar. He won't eat it. He wants slop.

Michael