It looks like Rick Perry might be the one

http://www.nytimes.c...20ttramsey.html

After Rush Limbaugh praised Perry the rumors started swirling that he might actually jump in.

ya ok :rolleyes:

s-RICK-PERRY-large.jpg

And he can win and I could support him quite comfortably!

Me too! In case you or the others following this thread are interested, there is a campaign afoot to draft Perry to run.

http://www.theunion.com/article/20110521/NEWS/110529992/1001&parentprofile=1053

http://www.nytimes.c...20ttramsey.html

After Rush Limbaugh praised Perry the rumors started swirling that he might actually jump in.

ya ok :rolleyes:

s-RICK-PERRY-large.jpg

And he can win and I could support him quite comfortably!

"The one" what? The latest pliable, somewhat photogenic neocon to come out of Texas with his own ideas for social and cultural engineering, disguised as "upholding Uh-mehr-rick-kan values"?

That's what he is, but that's not what it appears you're talking about.

And admit it: Rush Limbaugh would endorse a head of cabbage if it would promise to preserve the Empire.

You are correct that's not what I am talking about. I mean the one who not only can best kick out Obama but a candidate that would be the friendliest

to capitalism.

As to your assertion about the American Empire, that is false and at best a myth. It is not imperialism when your country if not civilization in general is under relentless attack from radical religionists hell-bent on bringing down your society and wanting to enslave you while openly stating they wish to do so since (as they claim) their god commands it.

The imperialists in all of this are the Islamists not the United States. If this be an empire then let us make the most of it.

"The one" what? The latest pliable, somewhat photogenic neocon to come out of Texas with his own ideas for social and cultural engineering, disguised as "upholding Uh-mehr-rick-kan values"?

That's what he is, but that's not what it appears you're talking about.

And admit it: Rush Limbaugh would endorse a head of cabbage if it would promise to preserve the Empire.

Rick Perry is not a friend of capitalism. I live in Austin. This son of a bitch signed an executive order requiring the HPV vaccine. He did it, of course, because he took a bunch of bribes from pharmaceuticals. He is a typical conservative who supports the corporate welfare state.

[...] The imperialists in all of this are the Islamists not the United States.

Because they, not Washington, control a military behemoth larger than every other such establishment on the planet combined. Yeah, right.

If this be an empire then let us make the most of it.

If this isn't Invincible Ignorance, I don't know what is. You have more brazen balls than Leonard "Nuke Tehran" Peikoff.

Rick Perry is not a friend of capitalism. I live in Austin. This son of a bitch signed an executive order requiring the HPV vaccine. He did it, of course, because he took a bunch of bribes from pharmaceuticals. He is a typical conservative who supports the corporate welfare state.

One Big-Pharma Corporatist out (Mitch Daniels, former Lilly executive), one in. The players may change, but never the roles.

I never said Perry was a friend of capitalism. I said, if he were to run for President, he would be friendliest to capitalism. The vantage point I am coming from is how Ayn Rand wrote on how to pick a political candidate. If you take into account her logic, Rick Perry fits her description well.

Edited by Mike Renzulli

• 1 month later...

Get ready for some major visual image manipulation from Thaddeus McCotter. I have heard him interviewed at least thirty (30) times on the John Batchelor radio show and he comes across really well.

New boy gets the Presidential Bug!

McCotter's flirtation with a presidential bid over the past five weeks has had its ups and downs. At a Republican gathering in New Orleans two weeks ago, he came in last in a straw poll with just two votes of support. But last week, he was the second-biggest spender when staking out space for the Ames Straw Poll, the August fundraiser for the Iowa GOP, reportedly spending $18,000 for the second-best space at the hotel hosting the event.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110701/POLITICS02/107010412/McCotter-making-2012-presidential-bid#ixzz1QswNi43L

How is Perry's record?

I know its economically pretty good. How is he on the social nonsense? Does he mean it? Or is it just boiler plate stuff to placate the theo-cons?

Fred:

Welcome to OL. As far as I know, he means the social conservative positions that he takes, but, in this election, they are irrelevant.

Are you a student, worker slave for the state, or entrepreneur?

Adam

And of course the social issues matter. If it were all fiscal stuff, Gary Johnson would be the front runner.

No, because the prime voter would not agree with Gary, but they will agree with Perry. The prime voter in Republican primaries is religious and conservative. That is the political reality.

This election will be decided on the economic issues. Fear, unfortunately, will be a significant motivator.

And of course the social issues matter. If it were all fiscal stuff, Gary Johnson would be the front runner.

No, because the prime voter would not agree with Gary, but they will agree with Perry. The prime voter in Republican primaries is religious and conservative. That is the political reality.

This election will be decided on the economic issues. Fear, unfortunately, will be a significant motivator.

Gentlemen,

I came across this website, secularnewsdaily, where you can discover more about the potential Republican candidates as well as Obama regarding their stands on a variety of issues. Rick Perry may be pro capitalism on economic issues, but he is opposed to a woman's right to choose, is opposed to stem cell research etc.

http://www.secularnewsdaily.com/

Enjoy!

gulch

• 1 month later...

As to your assertion about the American Empire, that is false and at best a myth. It is not imperialism when your country if not civilization in general is under relentless attack from radical religionists hell-bent on bringing down your society and wanting to enslave you while openly stating they wish to do so since (as they claim) their god commands it.

The religious right fit this description perfectly. The only difference is the use of the political process rather than direct terrorism.