Alan Bock Enters Hospice

I have some bad news everyone. I have just found out that Orange County Register libertarian columnist and author Alan Bock has entered hospice. He retired from the paper in March and is now dying of cancer after having undergone chemotherapy for it recently. His wife reports he is comfortable and is surrounded by family and friends.

For those of you who do not know he is not only the author of two books on the Ruby Ridge incident and medical marijuana but also uncovered the lies the ATF made about the Viper Militia which was repeated as gospel by the Clinton Administration and the subject of an article published in Reason magazine in the 1990's. I met and talked to Alan and his wife at a conference here in Phoenix back in 2004. He is a very nice man and a great journalist.

Sadly, it won't be much longer before he is no longer with us.

Edited by Mike Renzulli

His colleagues of three decades at the Orange County Register posted a tribute today.

Difficulties with the Net, traffic, clients, and gas prices shrink noticeably in importance when something like this happens. I'm glad I could finally meet him in person last Spring at a local libertarian supper club, to thank him for many years of stellar and accessible words in the cause of human freedom.

UPDATE: Just got this notice. Alan Bock died shortly after being admitted to hospice. :(

67 years old. Short of a full life (3 score and 10 or by reason of strength 4 score). A sadness.

Ba'al Chatzaf