Paul Krugman: On Civility

Selene

Let’s Not Be Civil

"So let’s not be civil. Instead, let’s have a frank discussion of our differences. In particular, if Democrats believe that Republicans are talking cruel nonsense, they should say so — and take their case to the voters."

Paul Krugman has gone so far downhill, he's become Paul Begala with a Ph. D. and a Nobel Prize.

Robert Campbell

Robert:

Agreed, he reminds me of the Balph Eubank [sp ?] types who believe their own press clippings and purport to be sages, seers and shamans.

Adam

Robert:

Agreed, he reminds me of the Balph Eubank [sp ?] types who believe their own press clippings and purport to be sages, seers and shamans.

Adam

Balph Eubank sounds right, Rand was funny with those "Bewitched/early 60s/Dragnet" sounding names-"Tinky" Holloway is another that I thought was funny and "Kip" Chalmers. Seems like the 2nd raters had 2nd rate names.

What 2nd rater had a poetic name like Francisco D'Anconia after all? :)

More civility in DC debate on vouchers

"During a press conference last Thursday held by D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray regarding his opposition to Congress's re-authorization of DC's school voucher program, an anti-school voucher activist became angry with me over questions I asked Mr. Gray. The re-authorization of the D.C Opportunity Scholarship Program is designed to happen through Congress's recent budget dealings."

Watch the look in the interviewed person's eyes.