And yet another new Rand documentary

In addition to an announced, but apparently not yet completed documentary, "Inside The Mind Of Ayn Rand," discussed in another thread here, another documentary has been issued on DVD, "Ayn Rand In Her Own Words," being sold through the Ayn Rand Bookstore (ARI) and also on Amazon.com. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Ayn-Rand-Her-Own-Words/dp/B004KDYQY4

Other than it being 90 minutes, I don't know anything about it other than the brief information on Amazon. The ARI bookstore merely lists it as available through them, but no real description.

Does anyone know more about this documentary?

My guess is that it's excerpts from her interviews with "a biographer" (as BB is called in orthodox circles) over a new assembly of visuals.

> The ARI bookstore merely lists it as available through them, but no real description. [Jerry]

What do these people not understand about selling more of something by fleshing out the details so people know -exactly- what they are getting? How long could it take to write a full description?

Advertisement for an item sold at the grocery store: "Food Product, $7.00 a pound."

Jesus H. Christ!

Edited by Philip Coates

A Google search on "Ayn Rand In Her Own Words," results in listings for a 2 minute trailer on YouTube (you may have to watch an unrelated commercial, first) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_hklBx771I

and a bunch of youtube wannabe's which are offering exactly the same thing. The 2 minute trailer shows a few brief excerpts from the Mike Wallace TV interview and another which appears to be from her TV appearances on a Phil Donahue show. That's it! A few blurbs about her developing a new morality, and then, "coming soon."

One of the sites (I think it was YouTube) has some comments, some from Betsy Speicher dated January of this year, who didn't know anything at the time, but it might be discussed on her site by now.

It would be very interesting if they were using Rand's interviews with Barbara Branden, but I doubt it. If they did, they would probably edit her name out.

Edited by Jerry Biggers