President Trump?

He is far from perfect, but he is saying some things that no one else is saying--and doing so with eloquence and Reaganesque tenacity.

Donald Trump on O'Reilly

On Iraq, Trump said he would not leave if he were President now. Instead he said he would keep a U.S. presence there to prevent Iran from taking over the oil fields – which he said they will do “two minutes” after we pull our troops out of Iraq. He also said he would protect those oil fields and take some of the Iraqi Oil to pay the United States, Great Britain and other countries back that helped the Iraqis obtain their freedom from Saddam Hussein. That is what O’Reilly had said would make our heads snap back in his teaser of tonight’s interview segment.

On Libya, Donald Trump said the most amazing thing is that we have let France take the lead and not insisted on the Arab League paying for much of the operation. Trump said “it could happen” that the Rebels we are supporting turn out to be worse than Gadhafi.

On Iran, Trump said he would not allow Iran to obtain Nuclear Weapons. When asked how he would stop them, Trump said he would “do what I have to do” to stop them.

Dennis:

I am making some feelers to his campaign. I am just not sure he is serious about running, whether this is an elaborate publicity campaign. or just an ego trip.

However, I will have some information soon.

Adam

Trump is a mixed premises kind of pragmatist with a tough-guy charisma who leans in favor of business.

I believe he would work out pretty well as a President if the recent President's are used as a standard.

But I'm not comfortable with him. He plays the system too much. For instance, for him, bankruptcy is a business tool to be used like, say, issuing stock.

Give a guy like that power where he isn't ruled by the bottom line and the temptations become like crack cocaine to an addict.

Michael

Give a guy like that power where he isn't ruled by the bottom line and the temptations become like crack cocaine to an addict.

Michael

Couldn't you say this about practically anyone? ie: Greenspan.

Trump has met a payroll. In the private, productive sector.

This should be made a constitutional job requirement. In the last sixty years, I believe only Reagan genuinely qualified. (Possibly Carter, LBJ, and Truman, briefly. Bush II had sinecures, not jobs.)

We could do, and certainly have done, far worse.

Edited by Greybird

Couldn't you say this about practically anyone? ie: Greenspan.

Mike,

Was Greenspan someone who gamed the system before he got to power? I thought he was a consultant.

I'm not defending him, just clarifying what I was talking about.

I believe Greenspan made some poor choices (like accepting the Fed gig in the first place), but he was a cautious man and honestly tried to keep it all working.

I believe Trump would revel in the cracks in the system and use them to make some big-time offshore moolah over on the side. If the system went down, he would make sure his hustles didn't go down with it.

I have no proof of this. It's just a gut feeling.

Incidentally, I'm loving the fact that he jumped on the birther bandwagon. The idiots tried to silence him with yelling, intimidation, charges of racism, etc., and I'm afraid they poked a wildcat with a short stick.

Trump doesn't appear like a tough guy. He is a tough guy.

Michael