EU to ban cars from cities by 2050

Bryce

Bryce:

Interesting proposed plan.

I love some of the terminology though:

"The problem of disguised self employment."

It is achievable.

Is this your field?

It looks like the NY City Planning proposals that I used to have to evaluate for community impact.

Where are you Robert Moses,The Power Broker would get this done and take no prisoners.

Adam

No, I work for a custom car audio shop in Denver and used to sell cars. I'm parroting what I found on Jalopnik, an auto blog. I look to the world's progressive vision when I want to know what's ahead for the American auto industry. And I have a hunch this integrated "even playing field" utopia of transit will be on the minds of our future leaders.

The move is redundant since, as the CIA pointed out in the 70s, the world ran out of oil by the end of the twentieth century. This is not surprising in light of the fact that, as the CIA pointed out in the 60s, Soviet GNP had outstripped American by then; that generated a lot of demand to use up the world's remaining oil.

An illustrative if not accurate story has it that a scholar in the 1880s looked at growth in population and in per capita horse ownership in New York and projected that in another 50 years the entire population of the city would have to work full time cleaning up after the horses. Whence the colloquial term for all such projections.

The move is redundant since, as the CIA pointed out in the 70s, the world ran out of oil by the end of the twentieth century. This is not surprising in light of the fact that, as the CIA pointed out in the 60s, Soviet GNP had outstripped American by then; that generated a lot of demand to use up the world's remaining oil.

An illustrative if not accurate story has it that a scholar in the 1880s looked at growth in population and in per capita horse ownership in New York and projected that in another 50 years the entire population of the city would have to work full time cleaning up after the horses. Whence the colloquial term for all such projections.

Thanks for the funny, informative anecdote.

--Brant