This picture needs a caption contest

Selene

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

capt.eabb491db253487fbc51e50e6aefd5d8-eabb491db253487fbc51e50e6aefd5d8-0.jpg?x=390&y=345&q=85&sig=sRxgKmtPnXEzACHB.glhQQ--

Jesus Christ! That is blasphemous.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by BaalChatzaf

capt.eabb491db253487fbc51e50e6aefd5d8-eabb491db253487fbc51e50e6aefd5d8-0.jpg?x=390&y=345&q=85&sig=sRxgKmtPnXEzACHB.glhQQ--

"I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us...."

Ghs

George:

I have to admit, I did not get the reference, but when I showed it to my lady, she immediately said where it was from. Smart lady!

"Daddy, I thought you said we should never turn our backs on him".

Ps whatever you think of O, isn't Malia getting to be a beautiful young lady

That is one good looking family.

Obama's family is the only thing I envy him for. Well, maybe his money. Okay. His youth, good looks, charm --those too. And his basketball skills. Then there is the elixir of all that power....

Ghs

"Daddy, I thought you said we should never turn our backs on him".

Ps whatever you think of O, isn't Malia getting to be a beautiful young lady

That is one good looking family.

Obama's family is the only thing I envy him for. Well, maybe his money. Okay. His youth, good looks, charm --those too. And his basketball skills. Then there is the elixir of all that power....

Ghs

Yes, but I bet he can't even skate. Even in my most creative fantasies I can't get Malia and my gorgeous single son together, so I've focused on Ben Harper and her meeting him at Global University sort of like William and Kate, when both their dads are retired. But already I know she is out of his league.

"I told you about how you need to stop fucking around with the White Dudes thing."

rde

But which one said it?

Edited by Rich Engle

Good looks and charm? The man looks like Count Chocula, and he can't make sense without a queue card. And even then it's obvious he doesn't understand the emotional import of what he's saying.

Good looks and charm? The man looks like Count Chocula, and he can't make sense without a queue card. And even then it's obvious he doesn't understand the emotional import of what he's saying.

Ted,

That is probably the first word you ever misspelled in your life. Randian slip? You think O jumped the queue?

Ted,

That is probably the first word you ever misspelled in your life. Randian slip? You think O jumped the queue?

I think he was just attempting word-play. He does that, sometimes, and while I can't say it is entirely cute, or precious, to watch, well . . .

If he was your fifth-grader nephew, tolerance would be mandatory and you would be hoping for maybe a Kodak Moment<tm>.

rde

Just here to help.

Elixir?

There is a moment -- one few people will ever experience -- that has long fascinated me. It is the moment when a newly elected president is alone in the Oval Office for the first time, and all that has happened hits him. I am thinking not of the power but of the history of the presidency. The effect on a new president with a sense of history must be incredible. (Of course, this rules out some recent presidents, at the very least. I think Reagan had a sense of the historical gravity of the office, as illustrated by the fact that he would never remove his jacket or tie while in the Oval Office, even when alone.)

Ghs

Elixir?

There is a moment -- one few people will ever experience -- that has long fascinated me. It is the moment when a newly elected president is alone in the Oval Office for the first time, and all that has happened hits him. I am thinking not of the power but of the history of the presidency. The effect on a new president with a sense of history must be incredible. (Of course, this rules out some recent presidents, at the very least. I think Reagan had a sense of the historical gravity of the office, as illustrated by the fact that he would never remove his jacket or tie while in the Oval Office, even when alone.)

Ghs

It is fascinating, because no other newly-elected leader anywhere has the challenge and burden of such a unique history. It is not just the legacy of leaders good and bad, small and great, taking up the problems of government and discharging them to the best of their abilities; it is the demand to leaders that they relight the lamp of liberty with new fuel, and stamp four years of events with a name which will forever be recorded along with the names of Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson.

And they're on the clock. They need their first 100 days, their first year, four endless short years to make their mark. If they enter office with little sense of history, they must leave it with a greater one. Ghosts surely walk in the White House, redecorate it how they will.

Elixir?

Ghs

It is fascinating, because no other newly-elected leader anywhere has the challenge and burden of such a unique history. It is not just the legacy of leaders good and bad, small and great, taking up the problems of government and discharging them to the best of their abilities; it is the demand to leaders that they relight the lamp of liberty with new fuel, and stamp four years of events with a name which will forever be recorded along with the names of Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson.

And they're on the clock. They need their first 100 days, their first year, four endless short years to make their mark. If they enter office with little sense of history, they must leave it with a greater one. Ghosts surely walk in the White House, redecorate it how they will.

Andrew Johnson? Interesting choice.

Let us not forget my favorite president, William Henry Harrison. Anyone who dies after only 31 days in office is, by definition, my favorite president. :lol:

Ghs

There is a moment -- one few people will ever experience -- that has long fascinated me. It is the moment when a newly elected president is alone in the Oval Office for the first time, and all that has happened hits him. I am thinking not of the power but of the history of the presidency. The effect on a new president with a sense of history

Ghs

I understand your point but the reverence of the moment is WAY over, and I doubt he has ANY sense of history or sentiment toward the USA.

Edited by pippi

There is a moment -- one few people will ever experience -- that has long fascinated me. It is the moment when a newly elected president is alone in the Oval Office for the first time, and all that has happened hits him. I am thinking not of the power but of the history of the presidency. The effect on a new president with a sense of history

Ghs

I understand your point but the reverence of the moment is WAY over, and I doubt he has ANY sense of history or sentiment toward the USA.

Reverence? If you somehow think I am an admirer of Obama, consider this YouTube video (my first) that I uploaded during his campaign.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wZ7nm_HnWZw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ghs