Phil's garbage

Philip Coates

> Don't think all threads will stay on topic, though. People meander and so do threads at times. [MSK]

Also, don't think this is an Objectivist site but one where people who quite often may have faulty or limited insight comment on Objectivism.

> Don't think all threads will stay on topic, though. People meander and so do threads at times. [MSK]

Also, don't think this is an Objectivist site but one where people who quite often may have faulty or limited insight comment on Objectivism.

And don't expect proper comma usage either. Just keep those expectations low.

I'm in a crusty mood, so I figure Phil's gratuitous snipe against OL instead of welcoming a new poster is a good place to start a thread to throw his garbage.

Maybe having a place for this kind of crap to accumulate when he does it will cut down on his sense of martyrdom.

Michael

Today’s history lesson:

The Judeo-Christian god is modeled after the early oppressive kings who held absolute power. If they were in a bad mood, they could slaughter people by the thousands. The God of the Bible fits this model. He's a tyrant who loses his temper and slaughters people. And he gets really pissed off when he's not worshipped the right way.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress....." Frederick Douglass, 1849

I'm not sure if that fits but it sounded good. :unsure:

(Just kidding, Michael. You know we love you.)

(Just kidding, Michael. You know we love you.)

Dennis,

Dayaamm!

You just gave me a vision of Phil's blood dripping in between the cracks of the quote function and one of JR's posts as Phil screamed in agony--and I, after looking on with mock benevolence (with a corner of my eye cunningly glued to the crowd), gave the "thumbs down" gesture... and the bars to the lions cages slowly opened...

I started feeling sorry for the guy.

:)

Michael

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress....." Frederick Douglass, 1849

Not to get off-topic in "The Garbage Pile," but I really like this quote, Dennis. Superb find.

~ Shane

> You just gave me a vision of Phil's blood dripping in between the cracks of the quote function and one of JR's posts as Phil screamed in agony--and I, after looking on with mock benevolence (with a corner of my eye cunningly glued to the crowd), gave the "thumbs down" gesture... and the bars to the lions cages slowly opened...

Dude!!

It took around 13.7 billion years for the universe to create any of us, and that has to be considered. Even Phil. Even, in my case, Ted, with his un-wiped ass things.

People are the ultimate way the nested universe has gotten to--the universe has gotten to the place where it can look at itself.

Painful though that might be to those of us contemplating such things.

Yes, we are made of stardust.

I guess we all better straighten ourselves out in that face of reality.

rde

It took around 13.7 billion years for the universe to create any of us, and that has to be considered. Even Phil. Even, in my case, Ted, with his un-wiped ass things.

People are the ultimate way the nested universe has gotten to--the universe has gotten to the place where it can look at itself.

Painful though that might be to those of us contemplating such things.

Yes, we are made of stardust.

I guess we all better straighten ourselves out in that face of reality.

rde

If not for us how could the universe be self aware? What, otherwise, would be the point of it all?

--Brant

or some like us

You are implicitly attributing purpose to the cosmos. The cosmos did not create us. It caused us (in a not completely deterministic fashion). It took 13.7 billion years for us to happen. We are happenings and glitches. We are wrinkles and lumps in the space-time manifold.

Ba'al Chatzaf

You are implicitly attributing purpose to the cosmos. The cosmos did not create us. It caused us (in a not completely deterministic fashion). It took 13.7 billion years for us to happen. We are happenings and glitches. We are wrinkles and lumps in the space-time manifold.

Ba'al Chatzaf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9yvKVKmnAA

Not to get off-topic in "The Garbage Pile," but I really like this quote, Dennis. Superb find.

~ Shane

Frederick couldn't be here tonight, but he asked me to extend his heartfelt appreciation. :D

We are happenings and glitches. We are wrinkles and lumps in the space-time manifold.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Speak for yourself, Bob. In the words of Equality 7-2521, I am "a speck of dust lost in eternity."

(With prominent delusions of grandeur.)

We are happenings and glitches. We are wrinkles and lumps in the space-time manifold.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Speak for yourself, Bob. In the words of Equality 7-2521, I am "a speck of dust lost in eternity."

(With prominent delusions of grandeur.)

In the not so long run we shall all be dead and dust. Make do with the limited time you have.

Ba'al Chatzaf