Daunce Can't Get Onto OL Now

Daunce/Carol asked me to post this:

I guess there is no hope of my getting back onto OL. I have done everything, cleared viruses and cookies, but still my many passwords, for 2 accounts, are not recognized. It could be something with my emails or computer, but they work fine for everything except for this. I can't afford a new computer and do not know any experts except the tech store down the street who want $30 to replace the keys the dog chewed off.

And I have thought of some good posts too! Maybe somebody might have had such an experience before--Michael has done everything he can, but to no avail.

Could you post this for me with explanation? - you never know, I may have forgotten something so elementary nobody thought to explain it. Thanks .

Brant,

There is nothing on my end to do. I have done and checked everything I can think of to check, including all permissions, IP ban filters, etc. I reset her password for her. And I suggested a bunch of programs to help clean up her system.

The problem is on her end. She has been able to register a new account, but cannot log on for some reason.

Unless I can get on a plane and go there and see what she is doing, I don't know what else to do.

Apropos, I don't believe the following is the problem, but I don't think it's a good idea to let your dog chew on your computer.

Michael

Tell her to try a different web browser.

Shayne

Shayne:

Agreed.

I am discussing some options by e-mail with her this weekend.

Adam

Brant,

There is nothing on my end to do. I have done and checked everything I can think of to check, including all permissions, IP ban filters, etc. I reset her password for her. And I suggested a bunch of programs to help clean up her system.

The problem is on her end. She has been able to register a new account, but cannot log on for some reason.

Unless I can get on a plane and go there and see what she is doing, I don't know what else to do.

Apropos, I don't believe the following is the problem, but I don't think it's a good idea to let your dog chew on your computer.

Michael

My Chocolate Lab smacked his paw down on my keyboard and ripped off one of my keys. I contemplated the situation and after 20 minutes figured out how to snap it back on.

Naturally, I severely punished Saga. I petted him on the head and gave him a kiss and a pat on the ass. He then demanded a dogie treat. That made me really mad as I was running out of treats due to demand surplus. I'm a slave in my own home, dog-dominated. What Saga wants, Saga gets. At least he takes me for a walk every day, which is good for me. I hold my end of the leash and he puts his in his mouth and away we go!

--Brant

She might look for a used computer on Craigslist. She should make sure it works for her before buying. She should pay no more than 150 for an XP and 200 for a Vista. Vista is better for it's newer. I'm talking laptop.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

Shayne

Shayne:

Agreed.

Adam

In my opinion Google Chrome is the best browser.

Shayne

Shayne

Shayne:

Agreed.

Adam

In my opinion Google Chrome is the best browser.

Shayne

Yes.

1) Daunce was great, I hope she is able to get back. I miss her wit, her wisdom, and that she's from down home too eh by?

2) I love how practically everyone of pippi's posts are edited. She should control her tongue more.