Wisconsin

pippi

Americans, after downsizing and outsourcing have wrecked their country, cry to their Galtian Betters for their own complete emasculation.

Its mind boggling.

How is America crying to it's Galtian betters to complete their emasculation specifically?

I agree re: the outsourcing, chickens coming home to roost indeed. Very sad.

If we can just completely deregulate the banks, our natural betters will run a perfect system. If we can just completely remove all the labor laws, our employers will be unshackled to pay higher wages. If we can just privatize health, fire and police completely everything will be better for all of us. If we can just allow 8 year old kids to work in the mines...

Edited by Joel Mac Donald

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say good, I was a goverment employee as a kid and I was paid minimum wage. Working for the state/government was never desired when I was younger, the pay was just way too low.

Now the pay and pensions are way beyond the private sector. It is wrong and the protesters in Wisconsin are being selfish.

IMHO

Pippi

Apparently the only jobs deserving of above-minimum wage pay (and who needs those stupid government interferences anyway) are the ones you happen to be working at.

Keep those Opinions Humble, kid.

Merlin:

A major reason that O'biwan and his union thugs in purple shirts have been dispatched to Wisconsin is because he needs Wisconsin to be re-elected. It is a bell weather state for the electoral strategy that has tentatively been laid out by the Axelrod-Plouffe "Chicago Axis of Evil."

The DNC has a number of phone banks, one estimate that I cannot confirm yet is that the number is about fifty (50) phone banks. Logistically, they have the resources to man at least that many.

Additionally, Organizing for America, which is O'biwan's main field organization is ferrying busloads of folks into Wisconsin. This is being used as a dry run for all the other states.

Unfortunately, they have miscalculated public support. Internal polling indicates that the prime voters are not in support of the demonstrators in Wisconsin.

One of the major blunders that were made by the union organizers was having "doctors" being caught on audio handing out sick excuse notes to demonstrating teachers. This is astoundingly stupid because they are jeopardizing the teacher and their own licenses because it is clearly fraud.

I am somewhat familiar with fraud and this certainly meets the elements of the crime.

Another major tactical mistake that has been made by the demonstration cadre's leadership is the disappearance of the State Senators to evade a quorum.

This is also not polling well amongst prime voters and frankly, it reeks of cowardice and evasion which are not virtues in politics, or life.

This Wisconsin situation is reaching the point of a Waterloo for the demonstrators. Even the head of the Wisconsin Teachers Union has told their membership to return to work tomorrow.

Again, the internal polling is not coming out well. Single mothers are having to choose between work and child care. Not having the kids fed in school is draining discretionary funds for a number o lower income families. Children are being deprived of their desperately needed educational days. Finally, the taxpayers who have been completely overburdened by increasing state government costs, increasingly failing competency in delivering services and increasing awareness of the rampant corruption from the pigs feeding at the public trough have had it.

Enough is enough is now mainstream thought.

Adam

Apparently the only jobs deserving of above-minimum wage pay (and who needs those stupid government interferences anyway) are the ones you happen to be working at.

You are unclear as usual. Why do you bother?

Damn you are so affected! How can you live with yourself?

af·fect·ed

2    /əˈfɛktɪd/ Show Spelled[uh-fek-tid] Show IPA

–adjective

assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.

assuming or pretending to possess that which is not natural: Her affected wealth and social pedigree are so obviously false that it's embarrassing.

source dictionary dot com

You are unclear as usual. Why do you bother?

Damn you are so affected! How can you live with yourself?

af·fect·ed

2    /əˈfɛktɪd/ Show Spelled[uh-fek-tid] Show IPA

–adjective

assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.

assuming or pretending to possess that which is not natural: Her affected wealth and social pedigree are so obviously false that it's embarrassing.

source dictionary dot com

Easily. Adverb. I don't have to look it up.

This is from Ann Althouse's blog. She is a Wisconsin law professor who was on the ground at the capital and obtained this remarkable footage of real Doctor's offering to conspire to commit fraud. She is a blogger in Madison and has noted that the first few days were real people and teachers. Now the demonstration has been co-opted by the extreme left of the universities at Madison. Additionally, the influx of outside agitators has become so apparent as to be truly sad.

One other video that is truly damning shows two (2) government salt trucks in tandem, on taxpayer time, driving around the capital with their horns blaring to show support for their union brothers and sisters.

This is why the left will lose this Wisconsin Dispute

This will go down as the marxist demonstration that was a bridge too far!

Idiots.

Adam

Pippi,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but when you and Carol tangle, you are both entertaining. I know it probably doesn't feel like it from your end, but some of this stuff if outright funny.

Carol generally goes for the ultra-sophisticated affected put-down and you often respond like an adorable Peanuts character.

:)

Michael

The Watershed continues to expose the perfidy of the progressive left...

First, in an excellent strategic move, Senate Republicans to withhold Democrats' pay:

"Madison -- Senate Republicans voted Tuesday to make Democrats hiding out in Illinois come back to Wisconsin to pick up their paychecks.

The Senate Committee on Organization voted on a 3-2 party line vote, with Republicans voting in favor and Democrats against, to change Senate rules so that senators who miss two consecutive floor days can no longer have their paychecks dropped automatically into their bank accounts. The vote was taken by paper ballot, which allowed Democrats to cast their votes from out-of-state.

Democrats who have already missed two consecutive floor sessions will now have to come to get their paychecks directly from Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) on the floor of the Senate.

"The majority leader shall provide the checks only to the absent Senator and only on the floor of the Senate during a session day," the new rule reads.

Democrats have been holed up in Illinois to block a Senate vote on Gov. Scott Walker's budget repair bill."

Second, since Wisconsin is required, by law, to have a balanced budget, Wisconsin lawmakers take up bill to cripple unions:

"Borrowing the strategy pioneered by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, Walker planned to take his case straight to the voters Tuesday evening with a fireside chat. In excerpts released in advance by Walker's office, the governor said his bill is about balancing the budget now and into the future and nothing else. He commended Wisconsin for "showing the rest of the country how to have a passionate yet civil debate about our finances."

"Turning up the pressure on the Democrats, Gov. Scott Walker warned that state employees could start receiving layoff notices as early as next week if the bill isn't passed soon. The layoffs couldn't take effect immediately — existing union contracts could forestall them for weeks or months — and Walker wouldn't say which jobs he would go after first."

Third, Governor Walker has a fifteen point lead in internal polling concerning his actions. External public polling is split: 48% Back GOP Governor in Wisconsin Spat, 38% Side With Unions while the AFL-CIO Polls Show Wisconsin Supports Protestors, Opposes Walker

And finally, released in the Drudge report today, Two-Thirds of Wisconsin Public-School 8th Graders Can’t Read Proficiently—Despite Highest Per Pupil Spending in Midwest:

"Nationwide, only 30 percent of public school eighth graders earned a rating of “proficient” or better in reading, and the average reading score on the NAEP test was 262 out of 500."

Wisconsin does better than the national norm, so I guess they do deserve all these perks.

What a pathetic system "public education" has sunken to.

Adam

Post Script: Lest we forget, "Eric Cantor went to the White house on day three of President Obama's presidency. At the time, Obama and Democrats had total control of the White House, Senate and House. Cantor tried to share ideas with President Obama for stimulating the economy and creating jobs. When Cantor pushed for small business tax-cuts, President Obama said,

"Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won."

And now, at the end of another day...

fuck you

Pippi,

Because I like you, I am going to give you a lesson in Objectivism 101--property rights.

You don't get to do that to me here. You can do that to me anywhere else on the entire Web, but not in my home.

You set the rules in your home, but you don't set them in mine. You can be as nasty to me as you want in your home, but not in mine.

You don't have to think that's fair or otherwise. It's not your property.

I'm not going to let anything like that directed at me stay up again.

Is that difficult to understand?

Michael

NY TIMES thinks this is BREAKING NEWS - Poll Shows Support for Embattled Public Sector Workers

Hurry - get the word out...A CBS News Poll is now the word that makes...

ALL THE NEWS THAT FITS THE PRINT....

EXTRA

EXTRA

In Washington, Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis made clear that she thinks she heads the Department of Unions. On a conference call with the Communications Workers of America, she took the side of the most radical of the Wisconsin "protesters," i.e., guardians of the status quo:

"I'm very excited to hear about the enthusiasm that's going on in Wisconsin and around the country," Solis said. "I am so inspired and proud of all of you, especially those who went down to Wisconsin and also around the country."

On more than one occasion, Solis referred to herself as part of the pro-union, anti-Walker cause. "I say let's keep fighting," Solis said, "let's stand up for all workers, and let's mobilize and do what we do best, and that is to make sure that the American public understands that union rights are no different from human rights." ...

At the end of Solis' remarks, Cohen, the CWA president, said, "I think all of us feel like those were historic words, for a member of the cabinet standing with us as clearly as you do, and, as you remind me, speaking for the president."

10,000 CWA Members Participate in History-Making Phone Call

Michael I do apologize that language was uncalled for.

This visit to your home was interesting but not particularly pleasant, good luck with the site.

But she's back.

But will she be badder than ever?

You know the Mae West line Ted

Just passed! No quorum was required because it was not fiscal in nature...nice parliamentary move by Governor!

Mar 9, 7:32 PM EST

Wis. GOP bypassing Dems on collective bargaining

By SCOTT BAUER

AP

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate have voted to strip nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers after discovering a way to bypass the chamber's missing Democrats.

All 14 Senate Democrats fled to Illinois nearly three weeks ago, preventing the chamber from having enough members present to consider Gov. Scott Walker's so-called "budget repair bill" - a proposal introduced to plug a $137 million budget shortfall.

The Senate requires a quorum to take up any measures that spend money. But Republicans on Wednesday split from the legislation the proposal to curtail union rights, and a special conference committee of state lawmakers approved that bill a short time later.

The move set up a vote in the Senate, which voted mere moments later.

re: compensation bargaining

Unions can no longer negotiate over pay rises above the rate of inflation

http://www.guardian....rgaining-unions

Long overdue.

We are headed for a real power clash on this issue. It is going to get bloody and messy.

I would highly reccommend that anyone who goes to any counter demonstrations be properly prepared to defend themselves.

I know that I will be.

Adam