Boy did this one backfire!

Michael Stuart Kelly

There are bazillions of sites on the Internet where you can express every kindergarten taunt to me in your dear little head. You just can't express them here in my house.

Is a bazillion more or less than a gazillion? I've never been clear on this issue. :rolleyes:

Ghs

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are bazillions of sites on the Internet where you can express every kindergarten taunt to me in your dear little head. You just can't express them here in my house.

Is a bazillion more or less than a gazillion? I've never been clear on this issue. :rolleyes:

Ghs

He just reverted to Portuguese, George. They are equivalent amounts.

--Brant

but you knew that

Ghs

--Brant

but you knew that

According to my parents, I spoke pretty good Portuguese as a very young boy, while my father was stationed in the Azores and we lived among civilians, but I don't recall hearing the word "bazillions." :D

Ghs

William.

I don't know what show that picture is from.

The date on the clip in your photo shows it to be a broadcast of a sermon by al Qaradawi on Memri TV (January 30, 2009) where he says he wishes to end his life in martyrdom by killing Jews and being bombed by them.

I do know Beck has played this clip several times.

Michael

George,

That would be bazilhões in Portuguese.

Have you forgotten everything from those days?

Dayaamm!

:)

Michael

I remember lots of pigeons. I remember stepping on a rusty nail.

I remember visiting my best friend's house for the first time, hearing squeals and seeing blood on the floor, as his father attempted to butcher a pig that had run under the kitchen table.

I remember seeing my first movie, "The High and the Mighty" (1954), when I was five and feeling chills go down my spine when I heard the beautiful theme by Dimitri Tiomkin during the opening credits.

I remember my father getting angry at all the stealing. I remember him getting even angrier after complaining to the local police time and again, only to be told time and again that we were "rich Americans," so we shouldn't get angry at poor people for stealing our stuff.

I remember my mother expressing pity for a wailing beggar who always wore a black shawl and who would knock on our door occasionally. I remember my father's warning not to give her anything, and I remember what happened when my mother did: ten wailing beggars in black shawls showed up the next day and every day for weeks thereafter. I remember my father saying, "Dammit, I told you what would happen!"

I remember many things about the Azores, but I don't remember the word bazilhões. :rolleyes:

Ghs

William.

I snagged it from the February 21st show I asked about -- was that the show you were referring to?

http://www.watchglennbeck.com/video/2011/february/glenn-beck-show-february-21-2011-republic-vs-democracy/

Ghs

--Brant

but you knew that

According to my parents, I spoke pretty good Portuguese as a very young boy, while my father was stationed in the Azores and we lived among civilians, but I don't recall hearing the word "bazillions." :D

Ghs

You might try a phonetic Portuguese language course as a lark. I'll bet you can pick it up in next to no time--that the ability to make its sounds has been hard-wired into your brain and mouth.

--Brant

You might try a phonetic Portuguese language course as a lark. I'll bet you can pick it up in next to no time--that the ability to make its sounds has been hard-wired into your brain and mouth.

--Brant

I had a Portuguese girlfriend around 25 years ago. She liked to speak Portuguese in bed, and I got the gist of her meaning. That was a lot more fun than taking a Portuguese language course. :rolleyes:

Ghs

William.

I snagged it from the February 21st show I asked about -- was that the show you were referring to?

http://www.watchglennbeck.com/video/2011/february/glenn-beck-show-february-21-2011-republic-vs-democracy/

This one?

William,

I'm not blowing you off about the Beck show.

My problem is that I probably already watched this show and I have taken a few days off from getting as emotionally invested as I normally do so I can get some other work done. I have even taken time off from watching Beck's new shows. Anyway, I suspect the episode I mentioned is not the one you are asking about. But I need to see it again to be sure.

When I return to this stuff regularly, finding out what you want and why with this episode will be the first thing I do.

Michael

William,

I'm not blowing you off about the Beck show.

My problem is that I probably already watched this show and I have taken a few days off from getting as emotionally invested as I normally do so I can get some other work done. I have even taken time off from watching Beck's new shows. Anyway, I suspect the episode I mentioned is not the one you are asking about. But I need to see it again to be sure.

When I return to this stuff regularly, finding out what you want and why with this episode will be the first thing I do.

Michael

I am pretty sure it is the same show -- Beck covers the Friday sermon by Qaradawi, Wael Ghonim's barring -- how Egyptian freedom stuff is working out for good folks from Google.

I generally watch the Beck programs you post or refer to, to be able to respond to the opinions you put forward based on the particular show. The points you made about Wael Ghonim and other Google people and their role of useful idiots for some really bad guys, now spit out of the revolution like chewing tobacco -- I was hoping to pursue, once I had figured out the actual show you referred to.

No hurry, I am in semi-retirement in an OL blog.