What things are subjective?

skrzprst

55 minutes ago, anthony said:

There's another false dichotomy. Emotional suppression, or else - subjectivism. Branden saw Objectivists fall for that one. If you will take emotions as your allies, giving you an instant and automatic read-out of a situation, etc. (and "self-programmed", as NB put it, by what you have consciously valued and disvalued) --and are not to identify and judge by, they place second only to your cognition.

Does "pushing down emotions" - include - joy?

Then The Eagles have something apt:

"... Don't your feet get cold/In the Winter time?/When the snow won't fall/And the sun don't shine/It's hard to tell the night time/From the day/You're losing all your highs and lows/Ain't it funny how/Your feelings go away...

I used to think emotions were ka ka.  But they have their uses.  As long as they do not get in the way of reason and logic,  all is well.

2 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I used to think emotions were ka ka.  But they have their uses.  As long as they do not get in the way of reason and logic,  all is well.

Does that mean you are anti black? I knew it! First the raised fists in the 70's, and now the dodos stupidly protesting in the NFL and simply because they lack reason and logic you are discriminating against a whole class of people, the stupid and the emotional. Who will be their advocate? Not Ba'al. Well it turns out almost all of the jerks in the NFL caved. Personally, I would not support any of those anti Americans. I hope Dallas's top guy doesn't cave to this disloyal bs. I saw one black NFL guy say he did not support them but then he added, because he was a veteran. And that turned his clear thinking into a lukewarm rebuttal. I say fire their asses because they are messing up a privately owned franchise.   

3 hours ago, anthony said:

Does "pushing down emotions" - include - joy?

Definitely. It is a response to guilt or shame. One tenses up to not feel the joy that they for some reason don't think they deserve.

In this area, Rand was the champion of pointing out unearned guilt that we accept without realizing it. If there is anything I am grateful for it is this. She gave me freedom.

The problem I found with emotion is that it is not in line with my thoughts in many occasions. I have to work at making my emotions catch up with my thinking. So there are times where there is a conflict between the two. The question comes up, what is my true self at the time of the conflict, my feelings or my thoughts. Allowing the battle to rage, or the inner communication to happen allows the true self to show itself. This is as opposed to repressing, not allowing the emotion to have a voice.

I was amazed when Rearden in a sense was dumped by Dagny that he went on with his life. He knew it was over (his thoughts) and his feelings did not fight it. I don't think I can do that. It takes time for the feelings to fall into line. Metaphorically, we call it "healing".

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Does that mean you are anti black? I knew it! First the raised fists in the 70's, and now the dodos stupidly protesting in the NFL and simply because they lack reason and logic you are discriminating against a whole class of people, the stupid and the emotional. Who will be their advocate? Not Ba'al. Well it turns out almost all of the jerks in the NFL caved. Personally, I would not support any of those anti Americans. I hope Dallas's top guy doesn't cave to this disloyal bs. I saw one black NFL guy say he did not support them but then he added, because he was a veteran. And that turned his clear thinking into a lukewarm rebuttal. I say fire their asses because they are messing up a privately owned franchise.   

Huh?????

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:22 PM, BaalChatzaf said:

Huh?????

Duh? Notice I found one question mark sufficient. I was using your letter to segue into what I wanted to say. And I am doing the same now. News Max said they hope the players taking a knee are thanking god for President Trump. Direct TV is allowing people to dump their NFL packages. Someone reported 70 percent of the NFL players are black. Maybe people should insist on "racial balance and inclusion" and change the racial ratio to 33 percent black, 33 percent white, and 33 percent Asian with the other one percent becoming American Indians.