Emanuel Removed from Chicago Mayoral Ballot

kiaer.ts

Looks like at least a few judges in Illinois have some respect for the law, unlike the supreme courts of Hawaii, New Jersey or Florida.

http://politics.blog...mayoral-ballot/

An appeals court in Chicago ruled Monday that Rahm Emanuel doesn't meet the residency requirements to run for mayor of Chicago and ordered his name be pulled off the ballot. The three judge panel voted 2-1 against Emanuel.

In a major blow to Emanuel's campaign, Monday's ruling overturned a Cook County Circuit Court ruling that upheld a Chicago Board of Elections decision to let Emanuel run in the February 22nd election.

The court agreed with Emanuel's contention that he met Chicago's voter residency standard but added that wasn't enough to allow his run for mayor.

"...a candidate must meet not only the Election Code's voter residency standard, but also must have actually resided within the municipality for one year prior to the election, a qualification that the candidate unquestionably does not satisfy," the ruling stated.

Edited by Ted Keer

Let's hope it sticks.

One more court to go.

I bet you the back rooms are so thick with cigar smoke, they are choking even the cigar smokers.

Michael

Folks:

Sung to back in the saddle again...

back on the ballot again,

back where the judge is a friend...

A twenty-six page decision puts the Enforcer back on the ballot

http://www.state.il....uary/111773.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbxhYxOHMVw

I would be worried if he didn't come out on top-non story. Business as usual.

I am really starting to like Palin more and more.

Did you see her "WTF" interview with Greta Van Sustren?

Yes-I kind of thought that wasn't so cool-I always want to like her then she does stuff like that.

NOT presidential.

Maybe we are sunk

:(

Edited by pippi

Yes-I kind of thought that wasn't so cool-I always want to like her then she does stuff like that.

NOT presidential.

Maybe we are sunk

:(

See I think it worked quite well, it was hilarious ... remember how at ease Reagan was with his sense of humor - one time he just said that the bombs would be dropping in ten minutes ... the press almost choked

the key is not to take them seriously

Edited by Selene

See I think it worked quite well, it was hilarious ... remember how at ease Reagan was with his sense of humor

Golly. Reagan's gaffe enhanced his image. 'My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.'

It was a deliberate joke made before a broadcast of his weekly radio address as President, meant to crack up the technicians, later leaked. Palin's remarks were also deliberate, but not a joke and meant to be a thoughtful reaction to SOTU.

Reagan was a great political actor, with both a self-deprecating sense of humour and a biting rhetorical style. He could 'play' the Presidential role really well, and he knew it, and he used it.

Palin, not so much.

If you figure her Fox blurb worked quite well, maybe you need to cut back on the hooch, you communist.

Sarah Palin's a quick study.

She's learning to handle memes, just like the left does.

WTF for Win The Future was a brilliant form of creating a media virus to undermine the "poetry" of Obama's speech (for those susceptible to "poetic" images for turning off their minds and blindly following).

I wonder who she has advising her on this stuff. That person knows what he or she is doing. And I believe Sarah's understanding of this stuff is catching up faster than her enemies would like.

Michael