Sign in to follow this  
BaalChatzaf

Jack LaLanne, died at aged 96

The fitness advocate, Jack LaLanne died of pneumonia at age 96 last Friday. Those who knew him said he exercised and stayed fit right up to the end.

Jack had a good run, he died well and showed that proper diet and exercise can be beneficial. While we might not all live into our 90s eating right and staying fit can keep us well and happy until it is time for us to go, whatever the age.

R.I.P. Jack, and keep the angels moving and fit.

Ba'al Chatzaf

That's a shame.

I liked watching Jack Lalanne over the years. I even got a kick out of seeing his infomercials for his juicer.

He lived well and the world now has one less light in it.

Michael

He was my fitness guru when in college - the hardest 15 minutes of the day, but worth it - and ye not had to get any fancy equipment either, as he used the kitchen chairs and so forth as the props needed... had hoped he'd make it to the century mark...

Jack LaLanne was a lifelong hero of mine. My first karate instructor had articles about Jack LaLanne on his bulletin board. He used to tell us "The first line of self defense is your health. It would be stupid to know a bunch of techniques just to die of a heart attack". Chris LaLanne owns a crossfit studio in San Francisco. His uncle Jack LaLanne was there when it opened. Sad day.