Cool inspiration - mosquito

Cool inspiration - mosquito

I have been doing due diligence on web hosts for a project I am developing and I stumbled across the following blog post by the CEO of Blue Host, Matt Heaton. I am almost inclined to go with them on the basis of this post alone. I certainly did not expect this level of wisdom in a commercial environment.

The most dangerous creature in the world…

What's the most dangerous creature in the world? A lion, a tiger, a grizzly bear? Hardly… Far and away the most dangerous creature in the history of the world has been the mosquito. The mosquito is responsible for more deaths worldwide than any other creature. This tiny bug can and does cause massive damage.

What's a mosquito got to do with web hosting or the IT industry in general? A lot! Somewhere out there is a teenage kid sitting in his/her basement reading this blog saying to themselves, “I can do a lot better than Bluehost!”. And you know what? They are probably right. That's exactly how I was when I was a teenager. I KNEW I was going to start companies that were better than what was available at the time. These companies didn’t care a bit about me… I was just an annoying mosquito.

The time will come when we lose our edge, get complacent, or simply don’t watch out for those coming up fast behind us. We will get bit by the mosquito, and when we do it will be time to pass the torch on to the next great company with the vision to satisfy what consumers are demanding.

Hopefully that won’t happen for a long time! I still have some fight left in me and the torch is still firmly in my grasp - for now icon_smile.gif

I can't help but think about the Objectivist world. Where are the wise ones in the Objectivist world? I don't see anyone who gives two hoots about his public. All I see is The Virtue of Pettiness running rampant.

(bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...)

:)

Michael

In one of those strange coincidences that happen in life, I just came across this:

Did mozzies, not a meteor, do for the dinosaurs?

Daily Mail

Science & technology

6th January 2008

From the article:

mosquitoDM_228x363.jpg

Disease-carrying mosquitoes

could have killed off dinosaurs

instead of a cataclysmic comet

Heh.

(bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...)

:)

Michael