Who is John Galt?

think

OK, so far, in my journey through, Atlas Shrugged that I am reading: word by word ., sentence by sentence, page by page, chapter by chapter I plan to list in this thread my favorite and significant quotes that effect my life. first up is .,,

Quote number one:

"She thought: For just a few moments---while this lasts---it is all right to surrender completely---to forget everything and just permit yourself to feel." pp.20 50th anniversary edition PB

To me this has effected my kind of surrender and the way in such that I can surrender.

It is for me and here, I will explain that I surrender regularly in the twelve step program I attend. This idea of surrender is the first step ., to give up control of or trying to control anything that I obsess or have a compulsion over or with.

Briefly: this statement allows the surrender to feelings of life rather then the surrender to the/a "higher-power" and allows my growth in living over growth in religious devotions that are so unreal to me.

Quote number two:

"'It seems to me that there are more important things in life then making money.'" pp. 17

Here this statement is some how what I have always thought but have not known why or where the idea was first placed in society. I do wonder where/when did we start to think that money is more important than anything else?

of course the meaning to the quote title of this thread..,

Quote number three:

"'don't ask questions nobody can answer.'" pp.23

This really follows from the previous question that I had asked.,,

Quote number four: --left your you to fill in if you want otherwise I will be back here to this thread when I can to update my favorite quotes as I read Atlas Shrugged

Edited by think

• 4 years later...

To surrender to feelings means to accept them, and then, be conscient of them, and, consequently, dominate them. Dominate our rage, our fears and be emotionally active, no emotionally passive (passional).

To surrender to our feelings means to accept them, then be conscious of them and, consequently, to dominate them, our rage and fears and be emotionally active, not emotionally passive, but passionate.

--Brant

hope this helps

To surrender to feelings means to accept them, and then, be conscient of them, and, consequently, dominate them. Dominate our rage, our fears and be emotionally active, no emotionally passive (passional).

To surrender to our feelings means to accept them, then be conscious of them and, consequently, to dominate them, our rage and fears and be emotionally active, not emotionally passive, but passionate.

--Brant

hope this helps

A forum is always a way of expression about the things that people think. But to repeat words of others to correct them, I consider that is a lack of respect I've never found in any place.

--Brant

hope this helps

A forum is always a way of expression about the things that people think. But to repeat words of others to correct them, I consider that is a lack of respect I've never found in any place.

Oh c'mon. Lighten up, Enlightenmenting. Brant meant to help, is all.

--Brant

hope this helps

Oh c'mon. Lighten up, Enlightenmenting. Brant meant to help, is all.

That's true. I guess it's a Spanish cultural sensibility. As a courtesy I won't try to analyze it.

--Brant

people of different cultures can take things different ways; people of the same culture can do the same but not so easily, generally speaking, and when you are on the Internet words can be misunderstood for they come with no vocal inflections except those artificially indicated :)