Chris Sciabarra recovering from operation

Chris Sciabarra underwent surgery for a hernia on Friday.

According to his sister, Liz, the operation was successful and Chris is now recuperating. When Chris is ready to receive emails, I'll post an announcement here.

Robert Campbell

I wish Chris a speedy recovery. Although this sounds like a relatively straightforward convalescence, he's had more than his share of health issues. His perserverence in the face of these obstacles is an inspiration to us all.

Jim

Thank you Robert for the information about Chris S. I know about his health issues and hope he has a successful recovery. Chris is an important addition to the Objectivist movement unlike some unnameable bloggers.

I hope Chris heals quickly and well. I have never spoken/corresponded with Chris; but a late friend of mine, Chris Tame, spoke highly of him.

• 3 months later...
I took a quick look at Notablog, Chris's blog, and he seems to be doing better. Any further info would be appreciated.

I think Chris has improved a lot from the difficulties he was having this spring. I have been in phone and email contact with him frequently, and yesterday he was pleased to tell me that Spring 2007 JARS is nearly ready for publication. Which pleases me, because I have an essay slated for publication in JARS Fall 2007, and the sooner he finishes Spring 2007, the sooner he can do the issue with my essay in it! :-)

REB

• 1 month later...

A quick look at Notablog suggest Chris S. is still posting irregularly.

He did a posting saying the next issue of JARS was about to come out. Chris had a list of articles on Notablog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Although it's factually correct that, right now, as I post this, Chris is recovering from yet another medical procedure, I can report, from first-hand experience, that he is doing quite well. Becky and I flew up to NYC last Thursday and got in several days of sightseeing and visiting with Chris and another friend, Douglas Rasmussen. We spent several hours Sunday with Chris and his sister Liz at their home in Brooklyn, and it was a wonderful visit. Chris was upbeat, energetic, and full of excitement and plans for the future of JARS, as well as other publications. When the time is right, I'm sure he will send out an official announcement. In the meantime, I'm simply relieved to see how well he's doing, and that he's enjoying life and work and people.

REB