Welcome

Kat

Brant, the problem with you is that you don't get enough sex, and when that happens you start to say nasty things about your friends. I am sorry to hear that Linz isn't your type. lololololol.

Just kidding!!!

I wish you good!

Ciro

Ciro: My real motivation for coming here like I have is so that when I visit your restraurant you don't turn me into part of the menu!

--Brant

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accidentally deleted my previous message!!

Brant you write: My real motivation for coming here like I have is so that when I visit your restaurant you don't turn me into part of the menu!

Brant, I promise! it will not happen.

BTW, next month, Michael Newberry is coming from New York to visit me, he is also delivering some of his beautiful paintings that I bought for my new restaurant, and if you will visit me around Christmas, you will have a chance, beside the good food, to admire great art.

Ciao

Ciro.

Dear Barbara Branden,

I apologize for what I did to you last Fall. I apologize for whatever I subsequently said that was not right and an injustice to you. I apologize for sanctioning and associating with people who were below my class. Not all were, but those that counted were. I hope they get to a better, more rational place. I apologize for the things I said about Michael (and I apologize to Michael) which I have found out were simply not true. I apologize to Kat for anything I said about Michael that may have distressed and angered her.

--Brant

Brant, thank you. I accept your apology, fully and without reservations.

You wrote: "You thought I was more than I was." No, I didn't. That's why your about-face toward me was painful. But I think you are about to prove that I was correct in my judgment.

I understand a good deal of what you now appear to be feeling. After my NBI days, I sought out a number of people to tell them how sorry I was for any prior harshness or judgmentalism with which I had treated them. Every one of them accepted my apology. I can do no less with you.

If you'd like to continue our discussion privately -- I'd like to -- please write to me.

Barbara

Dear Barbara Branden,

I apologize for what I did to you last Fall. I apologize for whatever I subsequently said that was not right and an injustice to you. I apologize for sanctioning and associating with people who were below my class. Not all were, but those that counted were. I hope they get to a better, more rational place. I apologize for the things I said about Michael (and I apologize to Michael) which I have found out were simply not true. I apologize to Kat for anything I said about Michael that may have distressed and angered her.

--Brant

Thank you Brant. I accept your apology.

I still don't quite understand this whole ordeal. You were one of Barbara's most outspoken defenders and then became one of the haters and part of the smear campaign. I simply don't understand why you turned against all of us. Yes, it hurt. Words hit hard as a fist. I hope you and Barbara are able to patch things up, rebuild your friendship and move forward.

I wish you the best. Welcome back to Objectivist Living.

Kat

Thank you Barbara, Michael and Kat.

Kat, when I have more time to gain a better perspective I'll let you guys know, privately. The time for public discussion on my part is over because it is pointless to dribble this matter out in bits and pieces in the coming days and weeks. I'll write you Barbara, but give me a little time.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

Brant, I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I was just kind of scratching my head, that's all. No pressure. I certainly don't expect matters of a personal nature to be aired publicly. Sometimes I simply don't understand human behavior that well, and I am having a great deal of trouble understanding why people join the smear campaign at SLOP. At least you finally recognized what was happening and that it wasn't for you. That takes class.

Again, I am glad that you are willing to have an offline dialogue and that your friendship with Barbara is a value worth keeping. She truly is an extraordinary woman.

Kat

Brant, I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I was just kind of scratching my head, that's all. No pressure. I certainly don't expect matters of a personal nature to be aired publicly. Sometimes I simply don't understand human behavior that well, and I am having a great deal of trouble understanding why people join the smear campaign at SLOP. At least you finally recognized what was happening and that it wasn't for you. That takes class.

Again, I am glad that you are willing to have an offline dialogue and that your friendship with Barbara is a value worth keeping. She truly is an extraordinary woman.

Kat

Oh no, Kat. There is just no more justification for being public with this kind of thing. (edit)

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Michael,

Thank you for your message. I have told my teacher of Philosophy something about Ayn Rand. This morning, she has read many articles on OL , and tomorrow I am going to give her some Rand´s books. She says that Objectivism is very interesting.

Michael, I type you a link which I think that you´ll enjoy. It is about AES+F:

http://www.aes-group.org/

Best wishes,

Gonzalo

Your teacher sounds more open minded than many in this country. Good premises with you trying to influence her. Don't expect agreement but an active mind is a great thing in a teacher.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, I'm sorry about the fake name as the display name, but I'm only a sophomore in High School and therefore must live by the rules of my house. Parents say I shouldn't post my real name on the forum so I don't. I'm glad to find an objectivist forum that isn't full of people bowing before an idol of Rand. I don't know a lot about objectivism, but I'm hoping to learn from those here.

Danneskjold; Welcome abroad! First of all I like your quote. I think Bull Durham is Kevin Costner's second best movie. His best movie is The Untouchables. His best line in a movie is the one you quoted. The best line in The Untouchables are Sean Connery's. Welcome! Enjoy! Have fun!

• 2 months later...

Hey, y'all!

You know, I've been a fan of Objectivism, Ayn Rand, and all things that appreciate two eyes and a mind for a long time. I discovered Anthem on a shelf in my tenth-grade English teacher's class and have been hooked ever since... so why is it that I only, just now, discovered this website? Hope you can forgive me :) .

Have a nice one!

Jason.

(Yeah, I know the username's different from my real name, but c'mon: how can you knock the philosophy of John Locke? Very cool stuff there...)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my name is Zack. I initially became a member in October but haven't had much time to visit. I've recently had a chance to read some posts and I find many of the ideas very interesting. I get the impression that most of the members here view Objectivism as an open, rather than closed system. I think this is an important distinction because many of the "orthodox" Objectivists can be intimidating and, as ironic as it seems, may sometimes encourage conformity. I feel comfortable knowing I can share my thoughts without fear of excommunication. I look forward to many future discussions.

Zack

• 1 month later...

Hello. My name is Rokki (pronounced "rocky"). I've been visiting this forum for the past several months and decided to join and hopefully contribute every now and then. I'm new to Objectivism, so this is an opportunity to learn. Last summer I read We Are Living and The Virtue of Selfishness and enjoyed both. Currently, I am reading Atlas Shrugged.

So, that's me in a small nutshell. Looking forward to talking to you all.

Rokki

Rokki; Welcome! Would you tell a little about yourself. Age, where you live, who introduced you to Rand. I come to this site not only to learn but also to have fun so enjoy.

Hi Rokki,

Welcome to Objectivist Living. We are glad to see you. Thanks for stopping in to say hi. I know how hard it can be to come up for air when you are reading Atlas. :)

Make yourself at home and enjoy your time here.

Kat